Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10  

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

  1. Posts : 12,656
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.2006
       #200

    Brink said:
    It's fine. The SAM hive setting for this is for the account's status. I'm not sure what 13 is for though.
    Brink,

    Just for info - I've just heard from a user who has found the value 15 in that position of the Sam hive [and the background of the diagram confirms that she is looking on the right place].
    Unknown original administrator name and password

    Denis
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 62,785
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #201

    Try3 said:
    Brink,

    Just for info - I've just heard from a user who has found the value 15 in that position of the Sam hive [and the background of the diagram confirms that she is looking on the right place].
    Unknown original administrator name and password

    Denis
    Interesting.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #202

    Option 5 does not work Shawn


    Hi Shawn,

    I followed step 5, the built-in administrator account should be enabled. 0038 was never set to 11. It was already set to 10. I still changed it to 11 and back to 10, clicked OK, closed everything and tried to log in. I left the password field blank, but I still get the message "Password incorrect, please try again".

    Regards

    Hasan
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 62,785
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #203

    hasankaracayir said:
    Hi Shawn,

    I followed step 5, the built-in administrator account should be enabled. 0038 was never set to 11. It was already set to 10. I still changed it to 11 and back to 10, clicked OK, closed everything and tried to log in. I left the password field blank, but I still get the message "Password incorrect, please try again".

    Regards

    Hasan
    Hello Hasan, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    It sounds like you or someone may have previously added a password to the built-in "Administrator" account.

    If you have another administrator account you can sign in to, you can change, reset, or remove the password below for this built-in "Administrator" account.

    Change Account Password in Windows 10

    Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10

    Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #204

    OPTION SIX To Remove Password of any Local Account in Command Prompt


    Hi Shawn!

    I followed option Six to remove the password of my Administrator account with Commandprompt. All the commands i put in succeeded, but i still can't log in. It still says 'Password incorrect, please try again'. Another weird thing is in the screenshots of the tutorial, it says C:/Windows/System32. at mine it says X:/Sources>.

    Because of the fact that i can't use the CommandPrompt, i installed windows helpprogram into a usb stick to get to command prompt.

    I contacted with Greg who helped me yesterday, but he referred me to you today.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/nl-nl/...1-7653c4b91904

    I hope you can help me out, because i lost my password and idk how to get it back.

    Kind regards,

    Hasan
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 62,785
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #205

    hasankaracayir said:
    Hi Shawn!

    I followed option Six to remove the password of my Administrator account with Commandprompt. All the commands i put in succeeded, but i still can't log in. It still says 'Password incorrect, please try again'. Another weird thing is in the screenshots of the tutorial, it says C:/Windows/System32. at mine it says X:/Sources>.

    Because of the fact that i can't use the CommandPrompt, i installed windows helpprogram into a usb stick to get to command prompt.

    I contacted with Greg who helped me yesterday, but he referred me to you today.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/nl-nl/...1-7653c4b91904

    I hope you can help me out, because i lost my password and idk how to get it back.

    Kind regards,

    Hasan
    It sounds like you have successfully enabled the built-in Administrator account, but it's wanting you to enter this account's password on the sign-in screen.

    Just to verify, did you remove your administrator account's password, or the built-in Administrator account's?
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #206

    i dont know which one i removed. I thought that it wouldve been the administrators account. But i think it was the built-in one because i still can't get in. How do i remove the password of the administrator account?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 62,785
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #207

    hasankaracayir said:
    i dont know which one i removed. I thought that it wouldve been the administrators account. But i think it was the built-in one because i still can't get in. How do i remove the password of the administrator account?
    You can sign in to your account, and use an option below to remove the password from the built-in "Administrator" account.

    Remove Password of Local Account in Windows 10
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #208

    I already did that. I removed the password with option six, with command prompt, but if i try to log in with the password field empty, it says 'Password incorrect, please try again'

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, the name of my administrator account is 'Gebruiker' (User in Dutch), but if command 'net user' i can't see it. I only see the following accounts: 'Administrator, DefaultAccount, Gast (Guest) and WDAGUtilityAccount'.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 62,785
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #209

    hasankaracayir said:
    I already did that. I removed the password with option six, with command prompt, but if i try to log in with the password field empty, it says 'Password incorrect, please try again'

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, the name of my administrator account is 'Gebruiker' (User in Dutch), but if command 'net user' i can't see it. I only see the following accounts: 'Administrator, DefaultAccount, Gast (Guest) and WDAGUtilityAccount'.
    It sounds like you are trying to remove the password for your account instead of the built-in "Administrator" that is giving you 'Password incorrect, please try again'.

    Are you able to remove the password for the built-in Administrator account with the Administrator name?
      My Computers


 

Tutorial Categories

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums