Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

  1. Posts : 184
    Windows 10 21H1 Enterprise (x64)
       #40

    yesir360 said:
    Tried it, didn't find anything to deal with "Win32Bridge.Server.exe" (found by clicking "search online") or "Cortana"
    If you didn't uninstall "Cortana" yet (with a third-party app), you can reset "Cortana" then run "SFC". Also clean store cache (link below) and restart "Windows":

    How to Clear and Reset Microsoft Store Cache in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 108
    Windows 10
       #41

    atinfo said:
    If you didn't uninstall "Cortana" yet (with a third-party app), you can reset "Cortana" then run "SFC". Also clean store cache (link below) and restart "Windows":

    How to Clear and Reset Microsoft Store Cache in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
    I ended up just uninstalling the 2004 cortana with powershell using that uninstall cortana tutorial on this site. It removed the entry from startup like intended.
    On the other hand, I also tried to reinstall it with powershell but it didn't seem to work. I'm not a fan of the cortana/microsoft store either so I think I'll leave it uninstalled.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7,089
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #42

    yesir360 said:
    Tried it, didn't find anything to deal with "Win32Bridge.Server.exe" (found by clicking "search online") or "Cortana"
    Oddly Cortana isn't listed in Autoruns but it is listed in the Start-up tab of Task Manger from where it can be disabled.
    Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10-image.png
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 184
    Windows 10 21H1 Enterprise (x64)
       #43

    yesir360 said:
    I ended up just uninstalling the 2004 cortana with powershell.
    It won't be uninstall completely! I hate "Cortana" and I have tried all methods to get rid of it but after uninstalling "Cortana" sometimes something somewhere goes wrong!! I am waiting the official store version of "Cortana" be release then uninstall it from "App & Features" officially!!!.

    Reinstalling it won't solve the problem, you have to run "SFC" (System File Checker command to repair system files, link below, because "Cortana" is tied with them!).

    Run SFC Command in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 108
    Windows 10
       #44

    Is it possible to remove a listing in task manager's Startup tab?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3,223
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #45

    Yes but always backup before deleting.

    System Information>Software Environment>Startup Programs will show the file locations.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 108
    Windows 10
       #46

    Hemimax said:
    Yes but always backup before deleting.

    System Information>Software Environment>Startup Programs will show the file locations.
    Would it be possible to just remove the listing instead of the entire program? Some of them seem important...
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7,089
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #47

    Hemimax said:
    Yes but always backup before deleting.

    System Information>Software Environment>Startup Programs will show the file locations.
    That doesn't list where Spotify starts from which has always been a mystery to me
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 3,223
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #48

    yesir360 said:
    Would it be possible to just remove the listing instead of the entire program? Some of them seem important...
    You have to be the judge, any that you disable or delete will not run automatically unless you manually start them.
    I have Cortana and Skype disabled because I rarely use them, if I need one I just run the app. Disabling in task manager or deleting the registry entry does not remove the app.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 3,223
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #49

    Steve C said:
    That doesn't list where Spotify starts from which has always been a mystery to me
    I had something similar to that in W7, it didn't go away until I reinstalled
      My Computers


 

Tutorial Categories

Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums