How to Turn On or Off Find My Phone in Windows 10 Mobile Phone
InformationIt's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay your worry to rest. This free service can ring, lock, erase, or show your Windows 10 Mobile phone on a map.
Find My Phone will allow Microsoft to save your phone's GPS location periodically so it's easier to find, even if location is off. This way if you lose your phone, or your phone gets stolen, you will be able to see it's last known location in Your devices online at Microsoft for the same Microsoft account you sign in to the phone with.
Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316, you can ask Cortana to find your phone, regardless of device, on your PC using the new find my phone feature. The feature will allow users to locate their phone from their PC through geo-location and by having Cortana ring your phone.
This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Find My Phone to be able to see the last known location of your Windows 10 Mobile phone in your Microsoft account online.
EXAMPLE: Find My Phone
1. Open Settings, and tap on Update & security. (see screenshot below)
2. Tap on Find My Phone. (see screenshot below)
3. Do step 4 (on) or step 5 (off) below for what you would like to do.
A) Turn on Save my device's location periodically so it's easier to find, even if location is off. (see screenshot below)
B) Turn on or off Save my device's location more frequently for what you want, and go to step 6 below.
A) Turn off Save my device's location periodically so it's easier to find, even if location is off, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)
6. If you like, tap on the Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)
- How to Erase your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online
- How to Lock your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online
- How to Ring your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online
- How to Turn On or Off Find My Device in Windows 10
- How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone