Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10  

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,277
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21354
    Thread Starter
       #50

    You're most welcome.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #51

    Hello! So anyone have any ideas as to why when I enable hibernate and use it that I can still wake up the desktop with my mouse and keyboard? I have used the CMD method and the registry method, both do the same thing. I just built this computer a few days ago. The desktop that I had before it worked fine with, using the registry option. Not sure why this would be different. Thanks
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,277
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21354
    Thread Starter
       #52

    rmarkjr said:
    Hello! So anyone have any ideas as to why when I enable hibernate and use it that I can still wake up the desktop with my mouse and keyboard? I have used the CMD method and the registry method, both do the same thing. I just built this computer a few days ago. The desktop that I had before it worked fine with, using the registry option. Not sure why this would be different. Thanks
    Hello, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Hibernate is basically just a form of deep sleep, so it can still be woken up.

    You might see if you may be able to use an option in the tutorial below to disable allowing the mouse and keyboard to wake the computer.

    Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #53

    Brink said:
    Hello, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Hibernate is basically just a form of deep sleep, so it can still be woken up.

    You might see if you may be able to use an option in the tutorial below to disable allowing the mouse and keyboard to wake the computer.

    Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10
    Thanks! Been using this site for years now. Just signed up for this.

    ah ya I thought that hibernate it was not supposed to wake with mouse or keyboard but by power button only.

    I did see some of the tutorials here and there online. Would that affect everything else like actual sleep mode as well if I was to set the mouse to not allowed to wake system?
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,277
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21354
    Thread Starter
       #54

    It wouldn't affect anything other than those devices not being able to wake the computer.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #55

    Brink said:
    It wouldn't affect anything other than those devices not being able to wake the computer.

    Just out of curiosity, do you have it enabled and are you able to wake it with the mouse or keyboard if you do?
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,277
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21354
    Thread Starter
       #56

    I don't currently have it set to do so, but I was able to when I did.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #57

    Brink said:
    I don't currently have it set to do so, but I was able to when I did.
    ok, so it seems kinda normal for some then and then others don't have that ability. Weird. But hey thank you for the help I appreciate it!
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,277
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21354
    Thread Starter
       #58

    In addition, some BIOS settings have a setting to disable wake by keyboard/mouse. It may be worth checking it as well.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #59

    Brink said:
    In addition, some BIOS settings have a setting to disable wake by keyboard/mouse. It may be worth checking it as well.
    alright cool I will have to check to see if the bios of this new board has that. Thanks!
      My Computer


 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums