See Wireless Network Security Key Password in Windows 10  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,346
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Hello @RickC,

    I added the code in your post to help you see how to add code using the # icon in the post tool editor. :)
      My Computers

  2. RickC's Avatar
    Posts : 674
    Windows 7 + 10
       #11

    Brink said:
    Hello @RickC,

    I added the code in your post to help you see how to add code using the # icon in the post tool editor. :)
    I realised that NoScript was hiding the editing tools, hence why I couldn't see how to add [CODE] tags. Duh! All sorted now and I've amended my previous post so it shows my latest effort.

    Many thanks to you Brink as always.
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,346
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #12

      My Computers


  4. Posts : 86
    Win 10 pro
       #13

    Although this is a very useful tutorial, it does not answer my problem.

    I used to use a wifi router which I replaced before doing a clean install of Windows 10.

    As I have never connected to it since installing Win 10 the profile is not stored on the PC, and I cannot remember the wifi password for it -, nor can I find the card with the 'default' settings so doing a factory reset won't help.

    I would like to use it again and wonder if anyone knows any 'magic' way of finding the password from the information stored on it.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 44
    ten 64
       #14

    pewe said:
    Although this is a very useful tutorial, it does not answer my problem.

    I used to use a wifi router which I replaced before doing a clean install of Windows 10.

    As I have never connected to it since installing Win 10 the profile is not stored on the PC, and I cannot remember the wifi password for it -, nor can I find the card with the 'default' settings so doing a factory reset won't help.

    I would like to use it again and wonder if anyone knows any 'magic' way of finding the password from the information stored on it.
    use hardware reset button on old router to reset it
    and set again the old router with proper values
    if is yours .

    c
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 86
    Win 10 pro
       #15

    Thanks Oneless - but that's the problem.

    The router had device specific wifi and admin passwords set by the supplier and they supplied a card with the information on it and I can't find the card, so if I do a hardware reset I'm no further forward.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 44
    ten 64
       #16

    pewe said:
    Thanks Oneless - but that's the problem.

    The router had device specific wifi and admin passwords set by the supplier and they supplied a card with the information on it and I can't find the card, so if I do a hardware reset I'm no further forward.
    if is a pay service
    and if you pay for it
    and the contract is still alive
    they must provide you
    all data you need .

    otherwise no MAGIC here.

    all this things are made for protect the owner.
    when anyone will can find neighbors password
    the world will change in bad.

    c
      My Computer

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,346
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Hello pewe, :)

    You should be able to using the brand and model number of the router to look up on Google the manual for the default log in user name and password.
      My Computers

  9. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,287
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #18

    Excellent tutorial. I just had to use the command line method to remind someone of the password for their WiFi network I had been connected to.
    Last edited by Steve C; 19 Feb 2020 at 08:53.
      My Computers

  10. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,346
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #19

    Steve C said:
    Excellent tutorial. I just had to use the command line method to remind someone of their password I had been connected to.
      My Computers


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tutorial Categories

See Wireless Network Security Key Password in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums