Windows 10: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File  

Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 621
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986
       10 Nov 2016 #700

    Gotcha. I will grab it from another PC then.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 Nov 2016 #701

    Is there an up to date esd to iso tool. I tried 14965 .esd and a much earlier .esd both failed before completion. tx
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 21,962
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       11 Nov 2016 #702

    meebers said: View Post
    Is there an up to date esd to iso tool. I tried 14965 .esd and a much earlier .esd both failed before completion. tx
    Grab a fresh copy from post #1. Completely delete the one you have before unzipping it.

    Remember to run the batch file as Administrator.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,254
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       11 Nov 2016 #703

    information   Information
    A reminder:

    The tool has been updated on June 15th 2016. Check the ESDtoISO folder's date on your computer, it shows the day you have extracted the downloaded ZIP file. In case the date is older than June 15th please delete it from your PC simply by deleting the whole ESDtoISO folder and download the updated tool.

    Current tool works with every build starting from 10586. Download link in the first post (step 1.3).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Nov 2016 #704

    Kari said: View Post
    information   Information
    A reminder:

    The tool has been updated on June 15th 2016. Check the ESDtoISO folder's date on your computer, it shows the day you have extracted the downloaded ZIP file. In case the date is older than June 15th please delete it from your PC simply by deleting the whole ESDtoISO folder and download the updated tool.

    Current tool works with every build starting from 10586. Download link in the first post (step 1.3).
    Tx F14 and Kari. The "fresh" d/l worked as it always has. It is dated june15, deleted previous files, .iso has been created without issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,254
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       11 Nov 2016 #705

    meebers said: View Post
    Tx F14 and Kari. The "fresh" d/l worked as it always has. It is dated june15, deleted previous files, .iso has been created without issue.
    Good to hear, thanks for coming back to tell about it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,235
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       11 Nov 2016 #706

    The ESD file I saved yesterday to create the ISO is actually 10.0.14393.0 and dated July 15, 2016. Lots of updating needed to get it to 14393.447, but the process works fine once the file is COPIED to another location [the Desktop, another drive/partition, etc.] before the Restart so it doesn't get automatically deleted.

    I downloaded the ESDtoISO file yesterday and the files inside ESDtoISO (Build 10158 and later).zip are dated 7/1/2015.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,254
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       11 Nov 2016 #707

    Berton said: View Post
    I downloaded the ESDtoISO file yesterday and the files inside ESDtoISO (Build 10158 and later).zip are dated 7/1/2015.
    The file ESDtoISO (Build 10158 and later).zip was deleted from my OneDrive January or February this year and has not been available for download since that. I deleted it when it was no longer needed (around and a bit after 1511 release there was need for two different versions). It is terribly outdated and should not be used anymore.

    At the moment there's only one downloadable tool, which I updated in June:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	109712
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 21,962
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       11 Nov 2016 #708

    meebers said: View Post
    Tx F14 and Kari. The "fresh" d/l worked as it always has. It is dated june15, deleted previous files, .iso has been created without issue.
    Glad to hear, @meebers.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 621
    WinX Pro x64 IP v14986
       15 Nov 2016 #709

    Kari said: View Post
    information   Information
    A reminder:

    The tool has been updated on June 15th 2016. Check the ESDtoISO folder's date on your computer, it shows the day you have extracted the downloaded ZIP file. In case the date is older than June 15th please delete it from your PC simply by deleting the whole ESDtoISO folder and download the updated tool.

    Current tool works with every build starting from 10586. Download link in the first post (step 1.3).
    I just now updated my tool as well. I noticed that it now does not writ the .ISO filename as it used to. Interesting.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Bootable File Manager? in General Support
Hello, is there any bootable file manager out there because I want to do the following things before installing Windows. 1. Format my C:\ drive with Windows 7.1 2. Move contents from my F:\ drive to C:\ 3. Install Windows 10 of F:\ This is...
How to Create a System Information File in Windows 10 MSINFO contains in depth pertinent information about your system and is often used by Seven Forums members when helping users solve issues, especially during debugging BSOD crash...
Here's an alternative in addition to Kari's Tutorial: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8SCzhbycA NOTE: It is better to create an ISO contaning install.wim so if you...
I just wondered if anyone had had any issues creating a bootable USB using the Download Tool with the 9926 .iso? I've tried multiple times now but it just gets stuck at 94% and I end up having to close the program down via Task Manager. Someone I...
Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:03.
Find Us