ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File  

Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
  1. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,437
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #530

    f14tomcat said:
    Thanks, Kari. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out HOW the install.esd from BT$/Sources is 14257 when I'm downloading 14267 thru WU!
    You have to wait until the Windows Update has finished the build upgrade download and prepared the upgrade, until you can see the Install now button in Settings > Update & Security > Update.

    Clicking Install now will start unpacking and decrypting the upgrade files to C:\$WINDOWS.~BT folder. First at this point will the previous build upgrade files be replaced with the new build.

    Wait until the decrypting / unpacking is over, at which point the Install now button will be changed to Restart now button:
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File-2016_02_19_17_22_521.png

    Now you have the most recent upgrade files, including install.esd in C:\$WINDOWS.~BT folder. Don't click the Restart now button to start the upgrade before copying the install.esd file to a safe location!
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,601
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #531

    Kari said:
    You have to wait until the Windows Update has finished the build upgrade download and prepared the upgrade, until you can see the Install now button in Settings > Update & Security > Update.

    Clicking Install now will start unpacking and decrypting the upgrade files to C:\$WINDOWS.~BT folder. First at this point will the previous build upgrade files be replaced with the new build.

    Wait until the decrypting / unpacking is over, at which point the Install now button will be changed to Restart now button:
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File-2016_02_19_17_22_521.png

    Now you have the most recent upgrade files, including install.esd in C:\$WINDOWS.~BT folder. Don't click the Restart now button to start the upgrade before copying the install.esd file to a safe location!
    Thanks, Kari. I've followed that procedure every time in the past, and this time. I found the problem. I had all my external drives connected, and somehow it found bits and pieces of previous upgrade. I disconnected all except the OS drive and now the install.esd reads 14267. Thanks for your help.
      My Computers

  3. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,437
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #532

    f14tomcat said:
    Thanks, Kari. I've followed that procedure every time in the past, and this time. I found the problem. I had all my external drives connected, and somehow it found bits and pieces of previous upgrade. I disconnected all except the OS drive and now the install.esd reads 14267. Thanks for your help.
    Interesting! Anyway, happy to hear you got it solved :)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1
    Win10
       #533

    Hello!
    Thanks for your good work! I use this tool for months, yesterday it converted my 14267 x64 PL ESD to ISO successfully!
    Also tool is now faster (maybe from months, I don't know) probably because of using all cores/threads for main WIM compression.
      My Computer

  5. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,437
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #534

    Note   Note


    PLEASE NOTICE:

    The tool and the method in this tutorial work without issues with the latest Insider Build 14271 ESD file, released today.

    The tool (cryptokeys needed to decrypt the ESD file) was last updated on January 28, 2016; if you have downloaded the tool after that update you don't have to redownload it. If your tool was downloaded earlier, please remove it (delete the folder) and redownload before using it. The older version of the tool might create faulty ISO image or not work at all with Build 14271 ESD file.

    Download link in the first post (step 1.3).
    Last edited by Kari; 24 Feb 2016 at 15:37.
      My Computer

  6. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #535

    Tested and works fine with the latest build.
      My Computer

  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,601
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #536

    A quick note: If you open the install.esd file with the command, even just to verify the build number with option #5, it will be renamed to "Install.esd.orig" (.orig extension). Simply rename it back to install.esd (.esd extension). You will need to change your files and folders options to un-hide file extensions to see and do this. TC....
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 305
    Windows 10
       #537

    Hi

    Using Windows 10 ADK v1511, how do I capture an image directly by saving it in an esd file?

    Also, how do I add an image volume, to an esd file?

    Thanks

    Bye
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 18
    Windows 7
       #538

    Hi guys, i have a problem, i canīt use the ESD - Decrypter, i donīt know, but it donīt recognizes me install.esdESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File-virtualbox_windows-10-4_02_03_2016_20_22_21.pngESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File-virtualbox_windows-10-4_02_03_2016_20_18_24.png
      My Computer

  10. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,437
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #539

    MiTzr0y said:
    Hi guys, i have a problem, i canīt use the ESD - Decrypter, i donīt know, but it donīt recognizes me install.esd
    The tool you can download from this tutorial (step 1.3) works with all current builds. Either your ESD file is corrupted, or the tool shown in your screenshots (it's not the one from this tutorial) has outdated decryption keys.
      My Computer


 
Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Đ Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums