Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       2015-07-15 #330

    z3r010 said: View Post
    Try this one for now until Kari is about to update the tutorial- MEGA
    I downloaded the latest decrypter and retrieved the .ESD from one of my PC's that got the update. When I try to build the ISO for the ESD I get the following:



    find: `/i': no medium
    find: `Architecture': No such file or directory
    find: `/i': no medium
    find: `Edition': No such file or directory
    find: `/i': no medium
    find: `Default': No such file or directory
    find: `/i': no medium
    find: `Service Pack Build': No such file or directory
    set was unexpected at this time.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    --- Val
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,047
    Windows 10 Pro
       2015-07-16 #331

    I have no idea. That is from the ISO naming phase, it looks like this in the script:

    Code:
    :PREPARE
    for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Architecture"') do set arch=%%i
    for /f "tokens=3 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Edition"') do set editionid=%%i
    for /f "tokens=3 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Default"') do set langid=%%i
    for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| findstr /b "Build"') do set build=%%i
    for /f "tokens=4 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Service Pack Build"') do set svcbuild=%%i
    The script reads/ gets the bit architecture, edition, language version, build and possible service pack version from the ESD file. For some reason it looks as if your ESD does not contain this information.

    I have now created 4 ISO images using the edited version of the script in this tutorial. No errors, no issues.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,007
    W10Prox64
       2015-07-16 #332

    I was also able to create an ISO from my ESD file, using the updated version; x86, pro.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Build 10240)
       2015-07-16 #333

    I too can confirm that it works!

    Edition: Pro, x64, EN-US

    The file as picked up from the hidden Folder on the c: volume: 4 images
    Code:
    install.esd
    
    2.61 GB (2,812,209,364 Bytes)
    
    SHA-1: 7859f834931feb4c2b23dfc6c898289a48de28fb
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    
    Details for image : Install.esd
    
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows Setup Media
    Description : Windows Setup Media
    Size : 255,539,424 Bytes
    
    Index : 2
    Name : Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
    Description : Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
    Size : 1,443,256,641 Bytes
    
    Index : 3
    Name : Microsoft Windows Setup (x64)
    Description : Microsoft Windows Setup (x64)
    Size : 1,612,441,608 bytes
    
    Index : 4
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 13,736,528,128 bytes
    the ISO created by the script:

    sources\boot.wim
    Code:
    252 MB (264,363,829 bytes)
    
    Checksums: boot.wim
    SHA-1: a755e07f68a3888b97064cc4bea00fcbc232e22f
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    
    Details for image : boot.wim
    
    Index : 1
    Name : Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
    Description : Microsoft Windows PE (x64)
    Size : 1,443,256,641 Bytes
    
    Index : 2
    Name : Microsoft Windows Setup (x64)
    Description : Microsoft Windows Setup (x64)
    Size : 1,612,441,608 bytes
    sources\install.wim
    Code:
    3.24 GB (3,480,592,415 bytes)
    
    Checksums: install.wim
    SHA-1: ddb070d30b703152cb8724dfec8f441a933b5dd7
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    
    Details for image : install.wim
    
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 13,736,528,128 bytes
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       2015-07-16 #334

    Kari said: View Post
    I have no idea. That is from the ISO naming phase, it looks like this in the script:

    Code:
    :PREPARE
    for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Architecture"') do set arch=%%i
    for /f "tokens=3 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Edition"') do set editionid=%%i
    for /f "tokens=3 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Default"') do set langid=%%i
    for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| findstr /b "Build"') do set build=%%i
    for /f "tokens=4 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Service Pack Build"') do set svcbuild=%%i
    The script reads/ gets the bit architecture, edition, language version, build and possible service pack version from the ESD file. For some reason it looks as if your ESD does not contain this information.

    I have now created 4 ISO images using the edited version of the script in this tutorial. No errors, no issues.
    I was able to finally get it working by modifying the CMD file as follows in the PREPARE section:

    :PREPARE
    set arch=x86_64
    set editionid=Professional
    set langid=en-US
    set build=10240
    set svcbuild=16384

    REM for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Architecture"') do set arch=%%i
    REM for /f "tokens=3 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Edition"') do set editionid=%%i
    REM for /f "tokens=3 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Default"') do set langid=%%i
    REM for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| findstr /b "Build"') do set build=%%i
    REM for /f "tokens=4 delims=: " %%i in ('bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" 4 ^| find /i "Service Pack Build"') do set svcbuild=%%I


    I used 'bin\wimlib-imagex.exe info "%ENCRYPTEDESD%" to get the information I needed. That did the trick. Not certain why I wasn't able to get it to work otherwise.

    --- Val
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    Linux Mint 17.2, Windows 10 (build 10240)
       2015-07-24 #335

    Kari, Thanks for the Tutorial!

    You've done a great job in making a hard task easy peasy!

    Just got though creating the image using Rufus on my PC that last week appeared to get the final build of Windows 10 Home in version 10240, that had been a Preview for about 5 months.

    Now off to create another, this one was a surprise, I had no true Windows OS underneath, was winning the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, after an update this morning, there was a EULA for a real OS, like this one last week. Only it's running inside of a virtual machine (VMware Player) on Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit. That was the shocker, hope it's for real. The 10 Pro VM has 8GB RAM & 4 CPU cores & runs like greased lightening.

    Unfortunately, the one I just grabbed the files from, is an old HP dc5800 with a Core2Duo (E8400) running at 3.0GHz with 8GB of DDR2 PC2-6400 RAM. Runs OK, just need to do some work on it to make it a better PC, beginning with moving the components in a true tower, adding a decent PSU & a GPU that I already have, was used less than a year. Note that this is not my main PC by a longshot, have to finish filling out my spec page on that PC.

    Here's the Speccy snapshot of the HP dc5800, designed to run Windows Vista, with a Dell OEM GPU installed.

    http://speccy.piriform.com/results/r...SJiIlp3oYMnBhf

    Good Luck with your future works & will have to read some more of your Tutorials.

    Cat
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,219
    Win 10 Pro x64
       2015-07-24 #336

    cat1092 said: View Post
    Kari, Thanks for the Tutorial!

    You've done a great job in making a hard task easy peasy!

    Just got though creating the image using Rufus on my PC that last week appeared to get the final build of Windows 10 Home in version 10240, that had been a Preview for about 5 months.

    Now off to create another, this one was a surprise, I had no true Windows OS underneath, was winning the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, after an update this morning, there was a EULA for a real OS, like this one last week. Only it's running inside of a virtual machine (VMware Player) on Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit. That was the shocker, hope it's for real. The 10 Pro VM has 8GB RAM & 4 CPU cores & runs like greased lightening.

    Unfortunately, the one I just grabbed the files from, is an old HP dc5800 with a Core2Duo (E8400) running at 3.0GHz with 8GB of DDR2 PC2-6400 RAM. Runs OK, just need to do some work on it to make it a better PC, beginning with moving the components in a true tower, adding a decent PSU & a GPU that I already have, was used less than a year. Note that this is not my main PC by a longshot, have to finish filling out my spec page on that PC.

    Here's the Speccy snapshot of the HP dc5800, designed to run Windows Vista, with a Dell OEM GPU installed.

    http://speccy.piriform.com/results/r...SJiIlp3oYMnBhf

    Good Luck with your future works & will have to read some more of your Tutorials.

    Cat

    Welcome to WTF @cat1092 !
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    Linux Mint 17.2, Windows 10 (build 10240)
       2015-07-25 #337

    badrobot, thanks for the welcome!

    Feel more comfortable discussing Windows 10 here than the other site where I participate nightly, the atmosphere is like the OS is being crammed down the throats of everyone. And way too many 'conspiracy theories' being discussed, rather than the OS & it's features. While it may not be perfect, neither is any OS & many millions will hop on the train.

    While I won't be installing Windows 10 on every computer that I have, for example it's not playing well with my 2011 model MSI FX603 running Windows 7 Pro, it's played surprisingly well on this older business PC, and will take this image & install to an SSD on a SATA card. Only this time, won't make the mistake of not installing the Asmedia drivers for the card after installing the OS, like I did with Windows 7.

    I'll perform a clean install, using the key that Speccy provided & see how it goes. If lucky, should at least see SATA-2 speeds out of the SSD attached to the card & can run TRIM manually if needed with the Intel SSD Toolbox. Unfortunately, cannot install it in my x16 slot, as there would go my graphics. The BTX form factor could have been a good one, had it been done right. Yet still, it's better by leaps & bounds better than an Optiplex 740, that even at $29, should have left alone. The only bright spot was that I was able to install the GPU that shipped with my XPS 8700, and had intended on making it a Preview tester, but it caused the main install on it to show as non-genuine, when I know it to be a fact that it is.

    So the HP dc5800 took it's place & considering it's age, has ran quite well. I'm considering removing the Dell OEM AMD Radeon HD 7570 (1GB GDDR5) in the PCIe slot, it can use that much more power than the 256MB ATI 1300 Pro & both are powered from the MB slot anyway. Gave the same 6.9 WEI for graphics (both scores) as on the XPS 8700 it came with, in fact, did have it in there a few days before removal.

    Am looking to upgrade a Toshiba with Windows 7 Pro next to Windows 10 Pro. We'll see how it goes.

    I don't want to take away from Kari's Topic, will be creating the same media, only Windows 10 Pro, using the same technique, in my Windows 10 Pro VM on Linux Mint. We'll all need repair/reinstall media at some point & Microsoft so far is only offering Recovery Drive options, not what I'm looking for. If desired, can create bootable Flash drives as needed, using Rufus.

    Cat
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 83
    Win 7 Ultimate
       2015-07-25 #338

    Will the created ISOs have SHA hashes the same as MSDN/ Retail/ OEM ISO releases?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    Linux Mint 17.2, Windows 10 (build 10240)
       2015-07-25 #339

    xbliss said: View Post
    Will the created ISOs have SHA hashes the same as MSDN/ Retail/ OEM ISO releases?
    I don't see why not, it was fully licensed, as I had to agree to a new EULA, there is no mention of pre-release or Preview OS in there. There was one surprise in the EULA, that it could be transferred to another computer that met the specs for running the OS.

    As to the hashes, we'll have to wait & see, as there'll be those for Upgrade, OEM & Retail, the latter two are already available on the Newegg site for pre-sale. One can get OEM Windows 7 Pro ($119) for much less than Retail ($199).

    There was no Upgrade edition in the pre-sale list, yet Microsoft has maintained that we can create our own media & reinstall the OS clean after upgrade.

    Cat
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Bootable File Manager?
Hello, is there any bootable file manager out there because I want to do the following things before installing Windows. 1. Format my C:\ drive with Windows 7.1 2. Move contents from my F:\ drive to C:\ 3. Install Windows 10 of F:\ This is...
General Support
System Information File - Create in Windows 10
How to Create a System Information File in Windows 10 MSINFO contains in depth pertinent information about your system and is often used by Seven Forums members when helping users solve issues, especially during debugging BSOD crash...
Tutorials
Solved An Alternative to Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 install.esd File
Here's an alternative in addition to Kari's Tutorial: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8SCzhbycA NOTE: It is better to create an ISO contaning install.wim so if you...
Installation and Setup
Solved USB Download Tool won't create bootable USB using 9926 .ISO
I just wondered if anyone had had any issues creating a bootable USB using the Download Tool with the 9926 .iso? I've tried multiple times now but it just gets stuck at 94% and I end up having to close the program down via Task Manager. Someone I...
Installation and Setup
New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives
Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums