Reset Windows Update in Windows 10  

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 40,418
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #330

    Consider performing an in place upgrade repair:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade


    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Download Windows 10 ISO File
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10


    Code:
    Error code: 0x80070002 = The system cannot find the file specified
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #331

    zbook said:
    Consider performing an in place upgrade repair:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade


    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Download Windows 10 ISO File
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10


    Code:
    Error code: 0x80070002 = The system cannot find the file specified
    well I'm glad to report that I fixed my problem. I did the In-place upgrade repair and it worked perfectly. Best thing is that It kept all my apps and windows settings as they were. It installed all the updates and now my system is updated.

    Thanks again for the help guys!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 40,418
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #332

    That's great news.

    You're welcome.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 93
    w10 pro64
       #333

    After running the bat file (with no visible problems) and restarting, run the wu troubleshooter which comes with this:
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10-screenshot-2021-01-26-204036.jpg

    Is this normal?

    Note: before using the bat file, i ran dism and sfc with no reported problems.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 64,489
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #334

    abax2000 said:
    After running the bat file (with no visible problems) and restarting, run the wu troubleshooter which comes with this:

    Is this normal?

    Note: before using the bat file, i ran dism and sfc with no reported problems.
    Hello,

    Did the .bat file fix Windows Update for you?

    The .bat file wouldn't affect anything for DISM or SFC.

    It's possible the troubleshooter may have detected the security settings were changed by the .bat file to restore them back to default, unless you are still having issues with Windows Update.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 93
    w10 pro64
       #335

    In fact, wu troubleshooter found and fixed exactly the same things before everything else done.
    Then dism+sfc+bat,. Restart and troubleshooter again (as in the previous image). Troubleshooter again (3rd time), this time no findings.

    As for if wu is really fixed, I cannot really tell, as I am stuck with kb4598242 which does not install for its own reasons (have tried repeatedly the same procedure with no success).
    Note:unfortunately bat is running too fast in cmd, to be able to catch any messages. Anyway it concludes successfully and asks for a restart.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 64,489
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #336

    abax2000 said:
    In fact, wu troubleshooter found and fixed exactly the same things before everything else done.
    Then dism+sfc+bat,. Restart and troubleshooter again (as in the previous image). Troubleshooter again (3rd time), this time no findings.

    As for if wu is really fixed, I cannot really tell, as I am stuck with kb4598242 which does not install for its own reasons (have tried repeatedly the same procedure with no success).
    Note:unfortunately bat is running too fast in cmd, to be able to catch any messages. Anyway it concludes successfully and asks for a restart.
    Do you get any error messages when trying to install KB4598242 via Windows Update?

    If you haven't already, you might see if you may be able to manually install the update via its MSU file.

    KB4598242 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.746 and v20H2 19042.746
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 93
    w10 pro64
       #337

    Tried already manual install. No success, giving the same error code as via wu (0x80070002).
    Lots of people have same/similar problem.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 64,489
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #338

    abax2000 said:
    Tried already manual install. No success, giving the same error code as via wu (0x80070002).
    Lots of people have same/similar problem.
    If you have a 3rd party security program installed, you might temporarily disable or uninstall it to see if you are able to update afterwards.

    In addition, make sure you have the correct time, date, and time zone set.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 93
    w10 pro64
       #339

    Only Windows Defender here.
    Date, times all correct.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums