Reset Windows Update in Windows 10  

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 64,581
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #240

    Hello Keith,

    The "could not find c\programdata\microsoft\network\downloader qmgr.dat" message when running the .bat file just means it was unable to find that file to delete since it has already been deleted. It won't affect the .bat file from being able to successfully reset Windows Update.

    Do you get any other message when you click on "Check for updates" in Windows Update?

    If you currently do not have the latest version 1803 of Windows 10 installed, you could see if the "Windows 10 Update Assistant" may be able to get you fully updated.

    Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant | Windows 10 Tutorials

    If you do currently have the latest version 1803 installed and just need the latest build 17134.191 installed, then you could try manually downloading and installing the KB4340917 update instead if it won't install via Windows Update.

    Cumulative Update KB4340917 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.191 - July 24 - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 65
    Win10
       #241

    Thanks Shawn, for the reply.

    Will try out your suggestions as soon as I can get back to the job. A bit distracted at the moment.
    Keith

    Ran Update assistant with complete success. Now 1809 fully updated, was stuck at 1709.

    Thanks once again Shawn for your help.
    Keith
    Last edited by keithjr; 09 Aug 2018 at 15:33.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
       #242

    I got a popup about installing an app, what's up?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 64,581
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #243

    rdwray said:
    I got a popup about installing an app, what's up?
    Hello rdwray,

    I'm not sure what you mean, from what?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
       #244

    I don't what it was about, it didn't give me an app name or anything, just said it may be unsafe because it was from Windows Store.

    I killed the process and ran the batch again and had to stop two services, after that I got a bunch of registry entries missing and errors because it couldn't access some logs. Way over my head.

    At any rate, after I got it to run (still receiving errors), I restarted, but it did not reset the registry, it still says that 1803 is installed.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 64,581
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #245

    Did you restart the computer immediately after successfully running the .bat file in the tutorial?

    Resetting Windows Update won't help with an already installed update though.

    Please keep working in your original thread below.

    Update report 1803 installed - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 837
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
       #246

    Yes - I did nothing but a restart after the file ran.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7,502
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #247

    Is each update history list truncated to the last 50 entries and if do, is there a way of increasing the displayed list size
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.329
       #248

    rdwray said:
    I don't what it was about, it didn't give me an app name or anything, just said it may be unsafe because it was from Windows Store. I killed the process and ran the batch again and had to stop two services, after that I got a bunch of registry entries missing and errors because it couldn't access some logs. Way over my head.At any rate, after I got it to run (still receiving errors), I restarted, but it did not reset the registry, it still says that 1803 is installed.
    Could this be the standard Microsoft warning that you are trying to install an App that you didn't get from MS Store? If it is, it always does that. It's not a problem - just ignore/continue.
      My Computer


  10. VBF
    Posts : 594
    Win 10 Pro
       #249

    Taffy078 said:
    Could this be the standard Microsoft warning that you are trying to install an App that you didn't get from MS Store? If it is, it always does that. It's not a problem - just ignore/continue.
    You can disable that warning: Settings > Apps

    I set mine thus for that added bit of safety:
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10-image.png

    Choose Where Apps can be Installed from in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

    You can set it to "Allow apps from anywhere" or Allow apps from the Store only"
    Last edited by Brink; 30 Aug 2018 at 06:51. Reason: added tutorial link for more info
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums