Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       2015-11-24 #170

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello ravenomega, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Step 6 in which option?

    For now, you might see if an option in the tutorial below may help to boot from the USB.

    USB Drive - Boot from in Windows 10
    Hi, and thanks! I'm currently using Option 2 with step 6.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       2015-11-24 #171

    Brink said: View Post
    You're most welcome. Please let us know how it went.
    It all went smoothly, and now we have a full Windows 10 Home+Pro x86 & x64 flash drive for installing Windows 10 with at the shop. Thanks for the info. One would *think* the tool would simply download the latest build, but it's working now, and that's all that matters.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,442
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       2015-11-24 #172

    Jito463 said: View Post
    It all went smoothly, and now we have a full Windows 10 Home+Pro x86 & x64 flash drive for installing Windows 10 with at the shop. Thanks for the info. One would *think* the tool would simply download the latest build, but it's working now, and that's all that matters.
    Great news.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,442
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       2015-11-24 #173

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello ravenomega, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Step 6 in which option?

    For now, you might see if an option in the tutorial below may help to boot from the USB.

    USB Drive - Boot from in Windows 10
    ravenomega said: View Post
    Hi, and thanks! I'm currently using Option 2 with step 6.
    Have you been able to try the other options in the tutorial posted above to boot from the USB?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       2015-11-24 #174

    Brink said: View Post
    Have you been able to try the other options in the tutorial posted above to boot from the USB?
    Yeah I tried and it just boots into windows like normal
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,442
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       2015-11-24 #175

    ravenomega said: View Post
    Yeah I tried and it just boots into windows like normal
    Double check the UEFI settings for your ASUS motherboard to see if they match below and may help.

    UEFI settings for ASUS z77 prior to Clean install
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       2015-11-24 #176

    Brink said: View Post
    Double check the UEFI settings for your ASUS motherboard to see if they match below and may help.

    UEFI settings for ASUS z77 prior to Clean install
    Seems like everything is the same although when I'm in "Secure Boot Menu" it says at the top "Enabled". Posted some screenshots below

    https://i.imgur.com/buacS2x.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ZJSKlMM.png
    https://i.imgur.com/YzeiTng.png
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,442
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       2015-11-24 #177

    As a test, disable secure boot to see if you're able to boot from the USB afterwards. It shouldn't matter if it's enabled or disabled, but it's worth a try.

    In addition, try different USB ports.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10
       2015-11-24 #178

    Brink said: View Post
    As a test, disable secure boot to see if you're able to boot from the USB afterwards. It shouldn't matter if it's enabled or disabled, but it's worth a try.

    In addition, try different USB ports.
    These are the options I get below:
    https://i.imgur.com/kAZJsRC.png

    and in key management:
    https://i.imgur.com/j7a45Qn.png
    https://i.imgur.com/WryD9h0.png

    I've also tried different USB ports and it's all the same.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,442
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       2015-11-25 #179

    ravenomega,

    If your goal is a clean install of Windows 10, then you might see if resetting Windows 10 instead may work for you. It'll essentially be the same as a clean install.

    Reset Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Password Reset Disk - Create on USB Flash Drive in Windows 10
How to Create a Password Reset Disk on USB Flash Drive in Windows 10 If you forget your Windows password, you can use a password reset disk to create a new one. It is recommend that you create a password reset disk when you create a password for...
Tutorials
Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10
How to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 If you run into problems with your PC, a USB recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix those problems, even if Windows won't start. A recovery drive is a USB version of a system repair...
Tutorials
Solved Make USB Flash Drive
I was going to make a USB Flash Drive to install windows 10 as described in tutorial by Brink. But I find that ISO has been removed?? Can I still make Flash Drive / How?:
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 - Setup and Run on USB Flash Drive
How to Setup and Run Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive This tutorial will show you how to manually setup Windows 10 To Go from any Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 system and run Windows 10 from a USB flash drive. The same procedure can be applied for...
Tutorials
Windows 10 can be pre-ordered from Amazon on USB Flash Drive
If I pre-order Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive from Amazon and it arrives on the shipping date, will the Microsoft branded flash drive be write protected to prevent erasing the original installation files preinstalled by Microsoft?
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums