Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10  

Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 7,456
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #450

    NavyLCDR said:
    A physical drive cannot be completely "blank".
    Can it be completely blank if I run "Clean" via "DiskPart"?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17,278
    Windows 11 Pro
       #451

    Matthew Wai said:
    Can it be completely blank if I run "Clean" via "DiskPart"?
    Nope. It will retain its previous state of GPT or MBR. It will just be all unallocated space with no partitions defined. Unless the drive in question is a USB flash drive, in which case the USB flash drive will revert to MBR.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 17,278
    Windows 11 Pro
       #452

    inwell said:
    Really ? It's very confusing ��. As i read online that UEFI supports MBR and GPT both .
    Don't confuse what UEFI is capable of booting from with what Windows setup.exe requires the drive to be or what Windows setup will convert the drive to.

    If Windows 10 is installed using the normal method to a drive with no partitions (nothing but unallocated space), it will convert the drive to GPT if Windows setup is started in UEFI mode.

    You can have Windows 10 boot in UEFI mode on an MBR drive, but you have to apply the Windows 10 image to the drive manually using DISM.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 92
    Win10 Pro
       #453

    @Brink, @Matthew Wai @NavyLCDR @sportsfan148

    Thank you mates for all the help and support you guys extended. It is really a very good learning experience. Lots of queries and doubts in my mind are cleared. I hope we will continue our journey and share the knowledge.
    Thank You all once again.
    (now I have hardware-specific queries )
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 985
    Windows 10 Home 21H1
       #454

    inwell said:
    @Brink, @Matthew Wai @NavyLCDR @sportsfan148

    Thank you mates for all the help and support you guys extended. It is really a very good learning experience. Lots of queries and doubts in my mind are cleared. I hope we will continue our journey and share the knowledge.
    Thank You all once again.
    (now I have hardware-specific queries )
    You're welcome...any time
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,456
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #455

    inwell said:
    Currently im in learning mode... trying to get used to all the possible options
    The following option is not mentioned in this tutorial.
    Win10XPE - Build Your Own Rescue Media
    I clean-installed Windows 10 from a USB stick having a FAT32 partition and an NTFS partition containing a Windows ISO file. I did not (and never) have to use Rufus and Media Creation Tool.

    inwell said:
    @Brink, @Matthew Wai @NavyLCDR @sportsfan148

    Thank you mates for all the help and support you guys extended.
    You are most welcome!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 61,576
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #456

    inwell said:
    @Brink, @Matthew Wai @NavyLCDR @sportsfan148
    Glad we could help.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 92
    Win10 Pro
       #457

    I managed to create a bootable USB using Win10 ISO I downloaded from MS. I created using RUFUS (Option 2 in opening post) using step 6 ( Common bootable for UEFI and BIOS both systems).
    Just a little doubt. As per the tutorial SS, I did not get the setting " Image Option - Standard Windows Installation"
    I tried many RUFUS versions (3, 3.3, 3.8) but no luck.
    Will it be any problem at the windows installation? Why that option is missing from my process ? just curious

    Regards...

    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10-2020-02-16-1-.png
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 61,576
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #458

    inwell said:
    I managed to create a bootable USB using Win10 ISO I downloaded from MS. I created using RUFUS (Option 2 in opening post) using step 6 ( Common bootable for UEFI and BIOS both systems).
    Just a little doubt. As per the tutorial SS, I did not get the setting " Image Option - Standard Windows Installation"
    I tried many RUFUS versions (3, 3.3, 3.8) but no luck.
    Will it be any problem at the windows installation? Why that option is missing from my process ? just curious

    Regards...
    If Image option is not available, it will be Standard Windows Installation by default, so no worries.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7,456
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #459

    inwell said:
    I did not get the setting " Image Option - Standard Windows Installation"
    I have no idea why you did not get it. My version is the same as yours as shown below:

    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10-standard-windows-installation.jpg
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums