Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10  

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
  1. ICIT2LOL's Avatar
    Posts : 4,208
    1010 Pro on all on various machines version 1909
       #360

    Hello Shawn mate have tried and tried using Option one for making a stick ISO and each time it downloads and goes to verifying or something like that and I end up with what is in the pic??
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10-iso.png

    I should mention this is on a brand new stick.
      My Computer

  2. Golden's Avatar
    Posts : 1,590
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #361

    ICIT2LOL said:
    Hello Shawn mate have tried and tried using Option one for making a stick ISO and each time it downloads and goes to verifying or something like that and I end up with what is in the pic??
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10-iso.png

    I should mention this is on a brand new stick.
    I suggest Googling that error code.
      My Computers

  3. ICIT2LOL's Avatar
    Posts : 4,208
    1010 Pro on all on various machines version 1909
       #362

    Ok will do. Hum just comes up with a system restore your machine which doesn't seem to be the point machine's ok it is just it will not make a USB stick ISO
      My Computer

  4. Golden's Avatar
    Posts : 1,590
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #363

    ICIT2LOL said:
    Ok will do. Hum just comes up with a system restore your machine which doesn't seem to be the point machine's ok it is just it will not make a USB stick ISO
    Read post #353 through to #355 on this thread.
      My Computers

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,436
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #364

    Confirmed - placing the Media Creation Tool on the USB thumb drive (pre-formatted FAT32) and executing from there works perfectly. 10/29/2018 must have been the date of the re-released setup package for 1809.

    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10-2019-01-12_07h54_27.png
      My Computers

  6. Matthew Wai's Avatar
    Posts : 2,158
    Windows 10 Home 1903
       #365

    Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)
    I used Linux to directly download an ISO file without using Media Creation Tool.
      My Computer

  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,344
    Windows10
       #366

    Matthew Wai said:
    Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)
    I used Linux to directly download an ISO file without using Media Creation Tool.
    Or just use Edge with user agent in developer menu set to apple safari (ipad).
      My Computer


  8. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 9,080
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #367

    Tommygunn said:
    Does anyone know why I am getting this error, see below, at some point when running the media creation tool? For your info I'm using a perfectly servicable Samsung 16Gb Class 10 micro sd.

    Tom.

    Hi folks

    from the iso I can run rufus to make a bootable sd card which works on these machines which can see the device in the BIOS Boot menu

    1) HP envy laptop with internal SD card (I have a micro sd card in a standard SD card adapter -- works fine)

    2) HP Gen 8 ProLiant Microserver which also has internal micro sd card and bios lists it as bootable device.


    In fact on the ProLiant server I have my Linux /boot partition there which loads the bootloader and then that loads the OS from the SSD drive as this particular server in AHCI mode can't boot directly from the SSD drive / port. It can in RAID mode but the RAID card is hideous - works far better in AHCI mode !! and the OS runs from SSD.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  9. blueskyler's Avatar
    Posts : 95
    windows 10
       #368

    helloi'm going to install windows 10 on a brand new "msi z390 gaming plus" mobo.Is "6. To Create Bootable UEFI USB Flash Drive for Installing Windows 10 with UEFI" the right steps for this?thanks
      My Computer

  10. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,911
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19640
    Thread Starter
       #369

    blueskyler said:
    helloi'm going to install windows 10 on a brand new "msi z390 gaming plus" mobo.Is "6. To Create Bootable UEFI USB Flash Drive for Installing Windows 10 with UEFI" the right steps for this?thanks
    Correct.
      My Computers


 

Tutorial Categories

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums