Windows 10: Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First  

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 60
    Windows 10 10586.218
       09 May 2016 #350

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    The only thing activating Windows 10 with the genuineticket.xml file does is flag that activation as an upgrade from a previous OS vice a clean install. After July 29th, with the genuineticket.xml file, Windows 10 will contact Microsoft activation servers and request activation for an upgrade. If that computer has been upgraded before, then the Microsoft activation server will retrieve and send the previous activation code based upon the Hardware ID provided with the activation request. If the computer has not been upgraded yet, then the Microsoft activation server will require proof of payment for the upgrade (probably in the form of a new product key) before it will create a new activation code. Before July 29th the activation server just creates and stores the new activation code for that Hardware ID without requiring any proof of payment.
    Still going to try it tho.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 60
    Windows 10 10586.218
       10 May 2016 #351

    But I honestly think Microsoft made that gatherosstate.exe file to create an eligible file that can be used to activate windows. So maybe in newer builds Microsoft will remove that file. Obviously why would Microsoft change something for this as they know the majority of users is not this ''smart'' to figure this out...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 May 2016 #352

    GaloreRu1z4n3x said: View Post
    But I honestly think Microsoft made that gatherosstate.exe file to create an eligible file that can be used to activate windows. So maybe in newer builds Microsoft will remove that file. Obviously why would Microsoft change something for this as they know the majority of users is not this ''smart'' to figure this out...
    Simple way to test your theory. Install Windows 10 on a computer that is not and do not connect it to the internet. Then try to activate it with the genuineticket.xml file without connecting to the internet. You will find that you can't because the activation is retrieved from Microsoft activation servers and not the genuineticket.xml file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 60
    Windows 10 10586.218
       10 May 2016 #353

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Simple way to test your theory. Install Windows 10 on a computer that is not and do not connect it to the internet. Then try to activate it with the genuineticket.xml file without connecting to the internet. You will find that you can't because the activation is retrieved from Microsoft activation servers and not the genuineticket.xml file.
    I am talking about activating it from the same PC (after july). not PC to other PC. I already tried that with virtual machines and it doesnt work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 May 2016 #354

    The GT.xml file is actually quite simple, albeit it obfuscated.

    To see what info MS uses run the script here:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Page 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    After sucessful activation, the SessionID is written to the tokens.dat licensing files as permanent activation and the GT discarded.

    You'll see it contains just the original edition and version, the hardwareID and a flag that it's genuine.

    The trick post 29 July 2016 is switching the activation servers off to accepting the version contained within it (6.x in the case of Windows 7 and Windows 8) - the store bought GT's should contain version 10.x and thus not be affected.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 60
    Windows 10 10586.218
       10 May 2016 #355

    Superfly said: View Post
    The GT.xml file is actually quite simple, albeit it obfuscated.

    To see what info MS uses run the script here:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Page 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    After sucessful activation, the SessionID is written to the tokens.dat licensing files as permanent activation and the GT discarded.

    You'll see it contains just the original edition and version, the hardwareID and a flag that it's genuine.

    The trick post 29 July 2016 is switching the activation servers off to accepting the version contained within it (6.x in the case of Windows 7 and Windows 8) - the store bought GT's should contain version 10.x and thus not be affected.
    So its possible?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 May 2016 #356

    It may be possible - but not legal if the GT has to be manipulated.

    Besides there is a lot of encrypted data that has been put in there specifically to prevent that sort of thing.

    So let's rather hope the free period gets extended officially... good chance it will, given the huge push and so many Win 7 users still having not adopted Win 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    10 May 2016 #357

    GaloreRu1z4n3x said: View Post
    I am talking about activating it from the same PC (after july). not PC to other PC. I already tried that with virtual machines and it doesnt work.
    I was not talking about moving the genuineticket.xml file to a different PC. Install Windows 7 on a PC. Activate Windows 7. Capture the genuineticket.xml file. Disconnect the same PC from the internet. Clean install Windows 10 to the same PC. Copy the same genuineticket.xml file back to the same PC. Leave the PC disconnected from the internet. Windows 10 will not activate.

    The genuineticket.xml file does not provide activation. It only provides information regarding the previously installed operating system to the Microsoft activation server which is what decides whether or not to grant activation to the requesting Windows 10. After July 29th, if the information provided by the genuineticket.xml file indicates a computer that has not been upgraded before, the Microsoft activation server will not return an activation, until proof of payment is submitted - probably in the form of a product key.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 60
    Windows 10 10586.218
       12 May 2016 #358

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    I was not talking about moving the genuineticket.xml file to a different PC. Install Windows 7 on a PC. Activate Windows 7. Capture the genuineticket.xml file. Disconnect the same PC from the internet. Clean install Windows 10 to the same PC. Copy the same genuineticket.xml file back to the same PC. Leave the PC disconnected from the internet. Windows 10 will not activate.

    The genuineticket.xml file does not provide activation. It only provides information regarding the previously installed operating system to the Microsoft activation server which is what decides whether or not to grant activation to the requesting Windows 10. After July 29th, if the information provided by the genuineticket.xml file indicates a computer that has not been upgraded before, the Microsoft activation server will not return an activation, until proof of payment is submitted - probably in the form of a product key.
    Still trying wont hurt.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    15 May 2016 #359

    Hi there, i wanna ask, if i go with the tutorial shared by shawn in the 1st page, and successfully activate win10. but if some day i must install the clean win10 in my computer again (without changing any part of my computer), can win10 directly activated automatically after i do clean install?or i must go with win7 again and do the tutorial way that shawn share?

    thx b4.

    Regards,
    Calvin.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Related Threads
hey all, i'm running into an issue with activating a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my netbook. i did an upgrade on the same netbook from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, which installed and activated fine. i decided to try wiping the...
Maybe someone can push me in the right direction to a fix ? Or should I buy a new computer? Today I decided to accept Microsoft's invitation to download and upgrade my windows 7 pro, unfortunately, it didn't go so smoothly as I had hoped it...
Hey Guys I upgraded from 8.1 (genuine Sony Vaio ) using the media creation upgrade option, it installed and activated to windows 10 pro. I then used the same media creation tool to download the iso and used Rufus to put it onto a usb so that I...
As the topic said :chuckle:

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32.
Find Us