Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10  

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

  1. Posts : 23,679
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       05 Apr 2017 #170

    Tonyb said: View Post
    so if i did this now should i use the update now button Brink?
    The "Update now" button for the "Windows 10 Update Assistant" tool would be an easy way to do so.

    Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    05 Apr 2017 #171

    Thanks Brink
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 23,679
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       05 Apr 2017 #172

    Anytime Tony.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    05 Apr 2017 #173

    just got it all is well, had a question windows defender periodic scanning came on, should i turn it off with norton, as norton says to turn it off not sure why?.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,733
    10 Home x64 (1703) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       05 Apr 2017 #174

    Brink said: View Post
    Hey Bree,

    I ended up having 15063.13 from the Update Assistant. I didn't see an option to not check for updates during it, but I suppose either way that will be the build we'll have at the end though.
    I used the MCT to make USB install media. Run Setup from that (or the .iso) and you get the choice of:
    • Download and install updates (recommended)
    • Not at the moment


    One machine I upgrade without checking for updates, on another I checked - they both ended up at 15063.0, which windows update then brought up to 15063.13.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 23,679
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       05 Apr 2017 #175

    Bree said: View Post
    I used the MCT to make USB install media. Run Setup from that (or the .iso) and you get the choice of:
    • Download and install updates (recommended)
    • Not at the moment


    One machine I upgrade without checking for updates, on another I checked - they both ended up at 15063.0, which windows update then brought up to 15063.13.
    It appears that MCT gives you the option to check for updates, and the Update Assistant just does it for you without option.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 23,679
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       05 Apr 2017 #176

    Tonyb said: View Post
    just got it all is well, had a question windows defender periodic scanning came on, should i turn it off with norton, as norton says to turn it off not sure why?.
    It's up to you if you want to turn off periodic scanning or not. Leaving it turned on will give you a bit more protection though.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 16,505
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       06 Apr 2017 #177

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Thanks for the info Shawn, mounting the ISO in File Explorer was always my preferred method.
    And with the specs on my work station, it took only 15 minutes after clicking setup.exe
    I never did an upgrade on it yet till now, since I bought it, wow it can go fast.
    I'll do my old slow laptop tomorrow, though.
    Actually went faster than I thought
    Both machines upgraded no problems, just the normal tweaks needed to be applied, like any upgrade or repair install even.
    Microsoft/Windows 10 even got ALL my drivers correct & current
    I checked with the MSI Live update, and everything was hunky dory.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	128499

    And it was a lot of drivers!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 004.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	128498

    Good job Microsoft.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    06 Apr 2017 #178

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Actually went faster than I thought
    Both machines upgraded no problems, just the normal tweaks needed to be applied, like any upgrade or repair install even.
    Microsoft/Windows 10 even got ALL my drivers correct & current
    I checked with the MSI Live update, and everything was hunky dory.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	128499

    And it was a lot of drivers!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 004.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	128498

    Good job Microsoft.
    Clif do you know if MSI Live Update 6 will work on a MSI z77a-G45 Mobo?? i can't find a current version for windows 10 for my mobo anywhere i got lucky that my click bios 2 is working on windows 10, but mine was using live update 5 and it will not install. If you happen to have a link for the current one i will give it a try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 16,505
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       06 Apr 2017 #179

    Tonyb said: View Post
    Clif do you know if MSI Live Update 6 will work on a MSI z77a-G45 Mobo?? i can't find a current version for windows 10 for my mobo anywhere i got lucky that my click bios 2 is working on windows 10, but mine was using live update 5 and it will not install. If you happen to have a link for the current one i will give it a try.
    Support For Z77A-G45 | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 64
    Type Utility Title Live Update 6
    OS XP 32, XP 64, Win7 32, Win7 64, Win8 64, Win8 32, Win8.1 64, Win8.1 32 Release Date 2017-03-16
    Version 6.2.0.10 File Size 10.53 MB
    File Download
    Description Online update BIOS/Driver/Firmware/Utility. Live Monitor auto-detects and suggests the latest BIOS/Driver/Utilities information.
    Note 1. .net framework 4.0 is required. 2. Antivirus Software need to be disabled to prevent conflict when using Live update utility. LIVE UPDATE 6 User Guide (Click)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Related Threads
I feel that we as experts on this forum should try and persuade any novices who are not sure about upgrading to Windows 10 should help explain why its good for them to upgrade from earlier versions. So I'll start off: Latest security ...
Windows 10 installation has failed. in Installation and Upgrade
I'm trying to install Windows 10 IP. However this message pops out. 21674 No idea what's happened. My harddrive has 38GB free. Here's my setuperr.log 2015-06-16 12:02:28, Error MOUPG CSystemHelper::CheckConnectedStandby(642):...
Potential installation or upgrade problem in Installation and Upgrade
Currently running Windows 8.1 on a 20gb partition. I would like to upgrade to windows 10 when it is released. Question is how? I suspect 20gb isn't enough as 16gb is already taken up by win 8.1. I installed win 8.1 as a clean install then...
I fancied trying the upgrade route, really as an educational exercise to see how well it would work, but am finding its way to slow. I suspect some process is running somewhere that is crippling the install procedure. My 8.1 install is a very...
Solved Installation upgrade problem in Installation and Upgrade
Have been running the W10 preview since its release without problems. Today tried upgrading to the new version without success. In desperation I deleted the early version installed on a separate SSD thinking I could get a reinstallation using my...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58.
Find Us