Windows 10: Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1  

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 594
    7 and 10 on various machines
       24 Oct 2015 #10

    Ok Shawn I didn't know about re clicking the paper clip again I've tried another test run but I cannot get it to attach.

    I am sorry but tit it seems really very difficult compared to the old 7 way
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    01 Dec 2015 #11

    Hi Brink,

    I have what could easily be a stupid question...
    What happened to step 2 in Option Two?
    I have not yet tried to implement this solution, and seeing that none have had a problem with the procedure, it seems like it was an oversight of renumbering the steps.
    Thanks for the tutorial; it seems to be the simplest solution I've read. I will apply Option One.
    Cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20,696
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       01 Dec 2015 #12

    Alphonse68 said: View Post
    Hi Brink,

    I have what could easily be a stupid question...
    What happened to step 2 in Option Two?
    I have not yet tried to implement this solution, and seeing that none have had a problem with the procedure, it seems like it was an oversight of renumbering the steps.
    Thanks for the tutorial; it seems to be the simplest solution I've read. I will apply Option One.
    Cheers.
    Hello Alphonse, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Yeah, it was mistake in the numbering. Thank you for letting me know. It has now been corrected.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    02 Dec 2015 #13

    Shawn, does the group policy option add that reg key when enabled?

    I notice I already have that reg entry without using the reg file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 20,696
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       02 Dec 2015 #14

    derekimo said: View Post
    Shawn, does the group policy option add that reg key when enabled?

    I notice I already have that reg entry without using the reg file.
    Correct. It's not there by default, and only added when merging the .reg file to apply the policy.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    02 Dec 2015 #15

    Thanks Shawn, I kind of figured that must be the case.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,526
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       10 Dec 2015 #16

    The Group Policy Edit plus the simple GWX Control Panel at http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/ have defeated Microsoft's attempts to upgrade my desktop PC so far!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    12 Dec 2015 #17

    Today for the first time I got the update nag when checking for new updates. I have since added the registry entry mentioned in the tutorial as well as set the group policy entry for the update yet I still got the nag on start up. I found the entries in task manager but Windows won't let me disable the ones under gpxtriggers. I did disable the others so on last reboot I did not get the nag. How do I make sure that I don't get it again and that Windows isn't downloading the update?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 20,696
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       12 Dec 2015 #18

    townsbg said: View Post
    Today for the first time I got the update nag when checking for new updates. I have since added the registry entry mentioned in the tutorial as well as set the group policy entry for the update yet I still got the nag on start up. I found the entries in task manager but Windows won't let me disable the ones under gpxtriggers. I did disable the others so on last reboot I did not get the nag. How do I make sure that I don't get it again and that Windows isn't downloading the update?
    Hey townsbg,

    Double check to see if this below is what you're seeing instead.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...s-7-8-1-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    13 Dec 2015 #19

    Yes that's what it is so I already implemented option 2. How do I make sure that it isn't being downloaded?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
How to Enable or Disable the Lock Screen in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when...
How to Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 will automatically check for new Windows Updates at the time you have set in automatic maintenance. Windows 10 will automatically download and install...
How to Enable or Disable the Action Center in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system notifications, alongside those generated from modern apps....
Performance & Maintenance Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 in Tutorials
How to Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 Hibernate is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops, and might not be available for all PCs (PCs with InstantGo don't have the hibernate option). While sleep puts your work and...
How to Disable 'You have new apps that can open this type of file' Notification in Windows 10 When users install a new Store or desktop app in Windows 10 and open a file type or protocol association that the app is able to open it with by...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18.
Find Us