Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10  

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #190

    Kari said:
    No, it shouldn't. I have to knock the wood but I have never had any issues in setting up Hyper-V.

    Have you tried to reboot? That error message is rarely seen, it's caused by Hyper-V not connecting to your actual physical network adapters, reboot often solves the issue.

    Reboot didn't solve the issue.

    Could it be that this is a dual boot machine?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17,636
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #191

    Usually you shouldn't do this manually, the Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager takes care of that, but check that the Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch is selected in your network adapter properties. If not, select it, save the settings and reboot.

    Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10-2015_12_09_23_51_551.png
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #192

    Kari said:
    Usually you shouldn't do this manually, the Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager takes care of that, but check that the Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch is selected in your network adapter properties. If not, select it, save the settings and reboot.

    Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10-2015_12_09_23_51_551.png
    Where is that? It's blurred and I can't read it.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 17,636
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #193

    Network Adapter properties:

    Kari said:
    Usually you shouldn't do this manually, the Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager takes care of that, but check that the Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch is selected in your network adapter properties. If not, select it, save the settings and reboot.
    Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10-2015_12_10_00_04_401.png
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #194

    Wynona said:
    Thanks, Kari.

    Before I start over, I want to make sure I have Virtualization turned on in my BIOS.

    If I'm correct, Enable means turn on and Disable means turn off. So here's what it looks like now:

    Attachment 52817

    So, does this tell me Virtualization is enabled?
    That looks to me like it is currently disabled, and you need to change it.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #195

    simrick said:
    That looks to me like it is currently disabled, and you need to change it.
    I'm pretty sure it's enabled. Because I "lost" the first error I was getting. Although I have a second error now.

    If it says Enable, that means you should do something (in my case, page up or down) to enable it. If it should say enabled, that means it's enabled. and nothing needs to be done. Same with Disable vs Disabled.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #196

    Wynona said:
    I'm pretty sure it's enabled. Because I "lost" the first error I was getting. Although I have a second error now.

    If it says Enable, that means you should do something (in my case, page up or down) to enable it. If it should say enabled, that means it's enabled. and nothing needs to be done. Same with Disable vs Disabled.
    Oh yeah, that makes sense now.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #197

    Wynona said:
    I'm pretty sure it's enabled. Because I "lost" the first error I was getting. Although I have a second error now.

    If it says Enable, that means you should do something (in my case, page up or down) to enable it. If it should say enabled, that means it's enabled. and nothing needs to be done. Same with Disable vs Disabled.
    So did you get it working then?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #198

    simrick said:
    So did you get it working then?
    Nope. I've removed it and will wait until the next build drops. Then I'll do a clean install and try again before installing a bunch of stuff.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #199

    Wynona said:
    Nope. I've removed it and will wait until the next build drops. Then I'll do a clean install and try again before installing a bunch of stuff.
    Bummer.
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums