Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
  1. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,119
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #820

    pietro said:
    folders names are buggy, must be two/three words... so should be start menu somewhere... at the moment they don't care to resolve the bug
    There is no bug. Sysprep works perfectly, folder names are correct, Start has no issues other than that sometimes it shows a few empty tiles after first boot to desktop, in which case an easy and fast workaround is to unpin and re-pin them.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 70
    Windows 10
       #821

    Kari said:
    There is no bug. Sysprep works perfectly, folder names are correct, Start has no issues other than that sometimes it shows a few empty tiles after first boot to desktop, in which case an easy and fast workaround is to unpin and re-pin them.
    folder names are buggy, 100%, as said they loose localized names. try to install without relocating or relocating a november update iso... sysprep in au is buggy too, a lots of files and folders under \users loose their original flags
    start menu is buggy, few entries have wrong position (and localized name) compared to non relocated installation
      My Computer

  3. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,128
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Insider Preview (Skip Ahead) latest build
       #822

    pietro said:
    folder names are buggy, 100%, as said they loose localized names. try to install without relocating or relocating a november update iso... sysprep in au is buggy too, a lots of files and folders under \users loose their original flags
    start menu is buggy, few entries have wrong position (and localized name) compared to non relocated installation
    Sorry, but I used AU on a clean install, and 0 bugs.
      My Computers

  4. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,477
    1903
       #823

    johngalt said:
    I don't see any issues in the start menu, and my \Users\Public folders has long names - for example, there is a hidden folder there called Public Account Pictures.
    What is interesting is that your screenshot shows the word "Public" only in "Public Account Pictures".

    In a non-relocated install all folders have the "Public" prefix (when seen in file explorer only, not really). Like this:


    Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10-capture-1.pngMove Users Folder Location in Windows 10-capture-2.png

    I don't recall if it has always been like this and guess it matters not so much but it is a difference.
      My Computer

  5. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,128
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Insider Preview (Skip Ahead) latest build
       #824

    What version of WinX are you on?
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 70
    Windows 10
       #825

    i told you that there's a bug, fortunally we have a screenshot from an english version
      My Computer

  7. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,477
    1903
       #826

    johngalt said:
    What version of WinX are you on?
    clean install 1607 build 14393 - same as you I think.

    I don't think it really matters as the real name is \Users\Public\Music (for example). File explorer shows "Public Music" if not relocated and (as per your screen shot in post #818) just "Music" if relocated though.

    Like I said I never noticed it before - it may have always done it.
      My Computer


  8. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,128
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Insider Preview (Skip Ahead) latest build
       #827

    lx07 said:
    clean install 1607 build 14393 - same as you I think.

    I don't think it really matters as the real name is \Users\Public\Music (for example). File explorer shows "Public Music" if not relocated and (as per your screen shot in post #818) just "Music" if relocated though.
    Interesting. Not a significant big, but a bug nonetheless. And I mean a bug in the OS, not in the guide, Kari [emoji12]
      My Computers

  9. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,477
    1903
       #828

    johngalt said:
    Interesting. Not a significant big, but a bug nonetheless. And I mean a bug in the OS, not in the guide, Kari [emoji12]
    Not a bug in the tutorial, no. I've been using it successfully for years with no problems.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 70
    Windows 10
       #829

    the bug has been introduced with au. correction is in my post few days ago. a script can be written but they changed the code, so microsoft shoul resolve this bug before we make other "damages"...
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums