Clean Install Windows 10  

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,619
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19631
    Thread Starter
       #60

    Correct, you would want to create installation media with UEFI support to install with unless you are upgrading with the Media Creation Tool or GWX app (free offer).
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1
       #61

    Brink said:
    Correct, you would want to create installation media with UEFI support to install with unless you are upgrading with the Media Creation Tool or GWX app (free offer).
    Oh I see thank you , but yeah I'm upgrading with the GWX offer so in that case I don't need UEFI right ? :)
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,619
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19631
    Thread Starter
       #62

    Correct. It'll just use what you currently are.

    (step 3) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 4
    Windows 8.1
       #63

    Brink said:
    Correct. It'll just use what you currently are.

    (step 3) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html
    Oh I see ! Thank you very much for your help :) !
    And sorry for asking so much questions !

    Best Regards
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,619
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19631
    Thread Starter
       #64

    You're most welcome. It's never a bother. :)
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 60
    Windows 10 10586.218
       #65

    Brink said:
    You're most welcome. It's never a bother. :)
    Hey I have legacy bios. Will Windows 10 still install clean and remain activated?
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,619
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19631
    Thread Starter
       #66

    Yep, if you upgraded first like below. :)

    Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade?

    Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer or Media Creation Tool on an activated Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.
      My Computers



  8. Posts : 60
    Windows 10 10586.218
       #67

    Brink said:
    Yep, if you upgraded first like below. :)

    Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade?

    Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer or Media Creation Tool on an activated Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.
    I upgraded with Media Creation Tool
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,619
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19631
    Thread Starter
       #68

    You're good to go then.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #69

    Fantastic guide, thank you!
      My Computer


 
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Clean Install Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums