Clean Install Windows 10  

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 64,580
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #640

    cheaterslick said:
    Thank you
    You're most welcome.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 69
    Windows 10 Pro 22H2
       #641

    One more question (for now)

    When will the next Win10 ISO build be rolling out? The last one at the top of this thread for 20H2 was last October, 2021

    Thanks
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 14,623
    Windows10
       #642

    cheaterslick said:
    One more question (for now)

    When will the next Win10 ISO build be rolling out? The last one at the top of this thread for 20H2 was last October, 2021

    Thanks
    Version 21H2 is on main MS download webpage - that is the latest official iso.

    Download Windows 10 ISO File
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 14,004
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #643

    That's the one I've been using for quite a while now. When I downloaded it I called it:

    WIN10_21H1_19041.1288_Multi_X64.iso


    \sources\install.esd

    Index : 6
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 15,071,438,212 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.19041
    ServicePack Build : 1288
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 26760
    Files : 99385
    Created : 10/6/2021 - 10:06:00 AM
    Modified : 1/4/2022 - 3:13:16 PM
    Languages :
    en-US (Default)
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 120
    Windows 10
       #644

    I have several Partitions there listed as Drive 0 Unallocated Space 529.0 MB free space 529.0, Drive 0 Partition 1 100.0 MB free space 64.0 Type System, Drive 0 Partition 2 16.0 MB free space 16.0 MSR (Reserved), Drive 0 Partition 3 929.6 GB free space 862.2 GB Type Primary, Drive 0 Partition 4 686.0 MB free space 100.0 type Recovery, Drive 0 Unallocated Space 586.0 MB free space 586.0 MB.

    Do I remove everything but the Drive 0 Unallocated Space 586.0?
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 40,426
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #645

    If you are planning to clean install Windows then there is a menu option to highlight partitions and delete them.

    Deleting all partitions makes an unallocated disk drive.

    Windows is then installed onto the unallocated disk drive making the default partitions for the new installation.



    On a computer with BIOS UEFI the partition architecture will be GPT

    Partition layout
    The default partition layout for UEFI-based PCs is: a system partition, an MSR, a Windows partition, and a recovery tools partition.

    diagram of default partition layout: system, msr, windows, and recovery

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...iew=windows-11
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 64,580
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #646

    Dawn121988 said:
    I have several Partitions there listed as Drive 0 Unallocated Space 529.0 MB free space 529.0, Drive 0 Partition 1 100.0 MB free space 64.0 Type System, Drive 0 Partition 2 16.0 MB free space 16.0 MSR (Reserved), Drive 0 Partition 3 929.6 GB free space 862.2 GB Type Primary, Drive 0 Partition 4 686.0 MB free space 100.0 type Recovery, Drive 0 Unallocated Space 586.0 MB free space 586.0 MB.

    Do I remove everything but the Drive 0 Unallocated Space 586.0?
    Hello Dawn,

    If there's nothing on the drive you want, then you would delete all partitions on "Drive 0" until is shows as a single unallocated space for the disk like below.

      My Computers


  8. Posts : 120
    Windows 10
       #647

    zbook said:
    If you are planning to clean install Windows then there is a menu option to highlight partitions and delete them.

    Deleting all partitions makes an unallocated disk drive.

    Windows is then installed onto the unallocated disk drive making the default partitions for the new installation.
    I do plan to do a clean install for this laptop. But the issue is I was wondering what I need to delete so I didn't delete something I should not have. I see the option Refresh, Delete, Format, New, Load Driver, Extend.

    Do I need to select one at a time and then click Delete or Format?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Brink said:
    Hello Dawn,

    If there's nothing on the drive you want, then you would delete all partitions on "Drive 0" until is shows as a single unallocated space for the disk like below.

    Do I delete each thing and then leave the "Unallocated Space" or do I remove everything including the "Unallocated Space" and then a new one gets made.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 40,426
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #648

    Make sure that all important files are backed up to another disk drive or the cloud.

    Then all partitions can be deleted one at a time making an unallocated disk drive.

    Highlight each partition then delete until there are no longer any partitions.

    This is an unallocated disk drive.

    Then clean install Windows.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 120
    Windows 10
       #649

    All finished now just installing and then updating thank you for the help everyone.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:25.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums