Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10  

    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

    How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
    Published by Category: Browsers & Email
    28 Nov 2019
    Designer Media Ltd



    How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10


    Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

    You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Microsoft Edge. The favorites bar is a toolbar in Microsoft Edge that you can also add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

    This tutorial will show you how to import bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge favorites for your account in Windows 10.


    EXAMPLE: Favorites in Microsoft Edge
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10-microsoft_edge_favorites.jpg



    Here's How:

    1 Open the Microsoft Edge app.

    2 Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10-microsoft_edge_settings.jpg

    3 Click/tap on General on the left side, and click/tap on the Import or export button under Transfer favorites and other info on the right side. (see screenshot below)

    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10-microsoft_edge_import_favorites-1.jpg

    4 Under Import your info, select (dot) Firefox, and click/tap on the Import button. (see screenshot below)

    You will see All done! under the Import button when successfully finished importing.

    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10-microsoft_edge_import_firefox_favorites-3.jpg


    That's it,
    Shawn






  1. Posts : 22,740
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1

    Just as an FYI you can do the same with Firefox to Chrome and then Chrome to Edge
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 64,539
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #2

    Hey Jeff,

    Oh yeah. Chrome is on my list for this as well. Thank you. :)
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 26,820
    Win11 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #3

    For all the IE haters-- see it does have it's use
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       #4

    I actually prefer IE over Edge.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 64,539
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Cliff S said:
    For all the IE haters-- see it does have it's use
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 232
    Win 10 Pro 64 V20H2 Build 19043.1415 & 7 Pro 64 on 2 HDD's
       #6

    Not sure if this will be read but will give it a shot
    Getting totally fed up with FireFox keep asking for the master password when I only want to browse. Typing in the search box often means some of the search words are in the search box and the others are in the popup password box!
    So thinking of going with Edge or even Chrome. Got a couple of questions though.
    When the bookmarks are moved are they copied across or actually moved from FF, leaving FF bookmarks empty?
    Can you also copy your password folder as well or do you need to enter them all again in Edge/Chrome?
    Any other points to watch out for?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 64,539
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Trapper said:
    Not sure if this will be read but will give it a shot
    Getting totally fed up with FireFox keep asking for the master password when I only want to browse. Typing in the search box often means some of the search words are in the search box and the others are in the popup password box!
    So thinking of going with Edge or even Chrome. Got a couple of questions though.
    When the bookmarks are moved are they copied across or actually moved from FF, leaving FF bookmarks empty?
    Can you also copy your password folder as well or do you need to enter them all again in Edge/Chrome?
    Any other points to watch out for?

    Hello Trapper,

    It will only copy over your bookmarks into Microsoft Edge.

    If you use the Chromium version of Microsoft Edge instead, you can easily copy over your bookmarks and passwords like below.

    How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 232
    Win 10 Pro 64 V20H2 Build 19043.1415 & 7 Pro 64 on 2 HDD's
       #8

    Hi Brink.
    Thank you for the reply and link, I will read up later. I have far too many logins and passwords to enter by hand and many I have forgotten and so need auto entry!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 64,539
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Trapper said:
    Hi Brink.
    Thank you for the reply and link, I will read up later. I have far too many logins and passwords to enter by hand and many I have forgotten and so need auto entry!

    I hear you on that. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums