Add or Remove Scan with Windows Defender Context Menu in Windows 10  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 40,696
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18932
    Thread Starter
       #40

      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4
    windows 10 pro 64 bits
       #41

    Brink said: View Post
    I created a new folder with the same name, and move the file to the same location as in your screenshot. Afterwards, I scanned the folder without the file getting skipped.

    As a test, move the folder to your desktop to see if you have the same issue there.

    those regs are not working !! we have the bmp windows defender in the contextual menu but it don't scan anything, it closes immediatly after asking for a scan. i try to delete it with the uninstall reg that you post but nothing happened it don t erase the install reg .. thx
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 40,696
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18932
    Thread Starter
       #42

    ericd007 said: View Post
    those regs are not working !! we have the bmp windows defender in the contextual menu but it don't scan anything, it closes immediatly after asking for a scan. i try to delete it with the uninstall reg that you post but nothing happened it don t erase the install reg .. thx

    Hello Eric, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Please post some screenshots showing what you are seeing to see if anything may stand out.

    Just to note, the .reg files in the tutorial are only for the default "Scan with Windows Defender" context menu when you don't have a 3rd party AV program installed that disables it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4
    windows 10 pro 64 bits
       #43

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Eric, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Please post some screenshots showing what you are seeing to see if anything may stand out.

    Just to note, the .reg files in the tutorial are only for the default "Scan with Windows Defender" context menu when you don't have a 3rd party AV program installed that disables it.
    well i only have malewaresbytes i don t think its an av ??yhe picture is the same that in the firsts posts ..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 40,696
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18932
    Thread Starter
       #44

    ericd007 said: View Post
    well i only have malewaresbytes i don t think its an av ??yhe picture is the same that in the firsts posts ..

    I have MBAM (3rd party AV) installed, and it disables Windows Defender realtime protection and this context menu.

    Even if you add this context menu back, it won't work since MBAM is installed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4
    windows 10 pro 64 bits
       #45

    Brink said: View Post
    I have MBAM (3rd party AV) installed, and it disables Windows Defender realtime protection and this context menu.

    Even if you add this context menu back, it won't work since MBAM is installed.
    it always worked with mbam i dont know why now its no more working !! i bought mbam so i have to leave it now ?? come on that s a joke ?? thy were working together well since when this happened ?? thx
    Last edited by Brink; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:17. Reason: fixed quote box
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 40,696
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18932
    Thread Starter
       #46

    ericd007 said: View Post
    it always worked with mbam i dont know why now its no more working !! i bought mbam so i have to leave it now ?? come on that s a joke ?? thy were working together well since when this happened ?? thx
    It did used to work with MBAM. Maybe it will in a future update of either one.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 40,696
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18932
    Thread Starter
       #47

    @ericd007,

    I just noticed that if you have Never register Malwarebytes in the WIndows Action Center selected in MBAM settings like below, it will allow you to have the scan with context menus for both MBAM and Windows Defender.

    Name:  MBAM.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  66.9 KB
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4
    windows 10 pro 64 bits
       #48

    hi brinks sorry im late !! lol
    i ve already done this ,but still don t have the defender contextuel menu !!!i have the mbam menu but not the defender ...
    thx for answering
    eric
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tutorial Categories

Add or Remove Scan with Windows Defender Context Menu in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


Related Threads
How to Add or Remove Windows Defender context menu in Windows 10 Windows Defender helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Malware can infect your PC without...
Solved right click scan in windows defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
I believe it's called adding it to the context menu.. I saw a registry hack for Windows 8 but i'm not sure how to do it in Windows 10.. I got used to using MSE in Windows 7 so now i'm lost not being able to right click a file to scan it...
Solved How to let Windows Defender scan manually? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Hello, Having recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I had a question about using Windows Defender. I've come to understand that Windows Defender automatically scans in the background every now and then. However, one of the...
Windows Defender takes forever to scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Windows defender used to speed by, now it is slow as a snail. It got stuck 2x at a file. I had to cancel the scan and start all over. Now it is going but slow as can be, it has been scanning for 20 min and only half thru. anyone seeing this?
When does Windows Defender scan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
If I download an exe file from someplace, does Defender scan the file immediately for possible problems or do I have to request the scan? Alfred
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32.
Find Us