Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade  

Page 90 of 140 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 18
    Win 10 Pro
       #890

    Does this change registry entries back to default? i.e. if I've changed any windows registry settings, they'll be reset I take it?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 61,554
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #891

    rEEEEleaseMEE said:
    Does this change registry entries back to default? i.e. if I've changed any windows registry settings, they'll be reset I take it?

    Hello,

    Not usually, but it could depending on the changes you made.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 51
    Windows 10
       #892

    Great tutorial!
    I am following the steps in the repair install link, but don't see the dark screens from step 6 Upgrade this PC now to step 13 Keep personal files and apps. They are all the light coloured screens as in step 11 Accept terms.
    Has it changed?

    Thanks!
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 61,554
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #893

    Muxthepux said:
    Great tutorial!
    I am following the steps in the repair install link, but don't see the dark screens from step 6 Upgrade this PC now to step 13 Keep personal files and apps. They are all the light coloured screens as in step 11 Accept terms.
    Has it changed?

    Thanks!

    Hello Muxthepux,

    Yeah, it's the same screens but in a light theme now.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 51
    Windows 10
       #894

    Great, thanks!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 21H2 x64
       #895

    I have a Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 system where the Windows Store seems to have been removed. I know is extremely rare but trying to reregister or reinstall Windows Store basically says the manifest does not exist no matter what steps I try and DISM finds nothing wrong.

    I've done everything I can find where my last two options appear to be either a clean install (last resort) or the steps from this page (Repair Install Windows 10 inplace upgrade).

    But I'm curious. Since the system is v1903 would a feature upgrade to v1909 reinstall the Windows store?

    Thanks,
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 61,554
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #896

    bumgarb42 said:
    I have a Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 system where the Windows Store seems to have been removed. I know is extremely rare but trying to reregister or reinstall Windows Store basically says the manifest does not exist no matter what steps I try and DISM finds nothing wrong.

    I've done everything I can find where my last two options appear to be either a clean install (last resort) or the steps from this page (Repair Install Windows 10 inplace upgrade).

    But I'm curious. Since the system is v1903 would a feature upgrade to v1909 reinstall the Windows store?

    Thanks,

    Hello bumgard42,

    A repair install would definitely restore the Microsoft Store app, but a feature update may not.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 21H2 x64
       #897

    Thanks, I do not have the v1903 ISO on hand. I may have 1903 USB but I saw that some people have issues with that.

    Is there a way to find the 1903 ISO now... or should I just upgrade to 1909 and if that doesn't work use the 1909 ISO to do a repair install?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 39,962
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #898
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 61,554
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #899

    bumgarb42 said:
    Thanks, I do not have the v1903 ISO on hand. I may have 1903 USB but I saw that some people have issues with that.

    Is there a way to find the 1903 ISO now... or should I just upgrade to 1909 and if that doesn't work use the 1909 ISO to do a repair install?
    I'd say give the upgrade to 1909 a try to see if it may fix it since you'll need to update to 1909 eventually anyways.

    If not, then yeah repair install 1909.
      My Computers


 

Tutorial Categories

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums