Windows 10: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade  

Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 23,701
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       19 Mar 2016 #320

    VSON said: View Post
    Thanks for the tutorial, I have one concern that want to consult you. Does the repair install mean losing activated license of the "old" Windows?
    Hello VSON,

    No. It will not affect the activation of the Windows that you are repairing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    20 Mar 2016 #321

    When ever I try to repair install, windows will be crashed midway for various reason, I have tried different methods but it didn't work. Do you have any suggestion?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 23,701
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       20 Mar 2016 #322

    VSON said: View Post
    When ever I try to repair install, windows will be crashed midway for various reason, I have tried different methods but it didn't work. Do you have any suggestion?
    I would recommend to keep working in your BSOD thread to see if you may be able to find the source of the crashes first to hopefully stop them.

    Receiving various BSOD errors on Windows 10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    23 Mar 2016 #323

    This repair process has botched my Windows 10 install. I made sure to disable secure boot in the UEFI.

    I now get a black screen for the first minute of loading Windows 10 and my WiFi connections will no longer work despite being connected. For example, if I try to load a webpage it will just fail. If I left click my Wifi icon inside Windows it won't load to show me available networks. (I can, however, see that list from the logout screen. Regardless It won't actually make a good connection to any of them).

    I have done sfc /scannow and successfully repaired corrupted files. At this point I will try to make a new user name and see what happens. I wish I didn't do this repair in place at all. It stemmed from my Windows icon/key no longer displaying the start menu. Which was also not fixed from doing this repair. If anyone has something useful to add I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 23,701
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       23 Mar 2016 #324

    Blender99 said: View Post
    This repair process has botched my Windows 10 install. I made sure to disable secure boot in the UEFI.

    I now get a black screen for the first minute of loading Windows 10 and my WiFi connections will no longer work despite being connected. For example, if I try to load a webpage it will just fail. If I left click my Wifi icon inside Windows it won't load to show me available networks. (I can, however, see that list from the logout screen. Regardless It won't actually make a good connection to any of them).

    I have done sfc /scannow and successfully repaired corrupted files. At this point I will try to make a new user name and see what happens. I wish I didn't do this repair in place at all. It stemmed from my Windows icon/key no longer displaying the start menu. Which was also not fixed from doing this repair. If anyone has something useful to add I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.
    Hello Blender99, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    What issues were you having to begin with to need to do a repair install?

    Did you use installation media that was the exact same language and edition as you currently had installed?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    23 Mar 2016 #325

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Blender99, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    What issues were you having to begin with to need to do a repair install?

    Did you use installation media that was the exact same language and edition as you currently had installed?
    Hi and thanks for the welcome.

    I was having issues with the Start Menu opening. Clicking it with the cursor or using the Windows key didn't work.

    I used 64-bit Windows in English and verified the builds to be 1511.

    Now my internet settings aren't working correctly. I created a new profile and can use the start menu again but still can't access the internet. I can open command prompt and ping out fine but loading webpages in a browser doesn't work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 23,701
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       23 Mar 2016 #326

    Double check to make sure that you have the latest network adapter drivers installed.

    Do you have a 3rd party firewall program installed that could be blocking the browser?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    23 Mar 2016 #327

    I'll double check the Network adapter driver now but it should be fine. I can still see Wifi networks --- in fact I am connected to one. Like I said, I can ping websites fine. I just can't load them in my browser.

    No 3rd party firewalls.

    The internet worked perfectly fine until I did the Repair in place upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 23,701
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       23 Mar 2016 #328

    Is this an issue in all browsers, or just a specific one?

    Since this is for a wireless network, you might see if deleting it and setting it back up from scratch may help.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    23 Mar 2016 #329

    All browsers. I've tried Chrome, Edge and IE.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Related Threads
In-place upgrade, upgrading Windows to a later version or a superior edition of the same version is the only method to upgrade Windows without losing the installed apps and programs. Certain rules apply to an in-place upgrade: The bit version...
Windows 8.1 had a desktop tile in the start screen. Windows 10 does not appear to have it. Is there a way to get the desktop tile back in windows 10?
Not sure why this happened, but I did an inplace-upgrade using the .iso created from the Media Tool Creator. When i checked apps on Windows 10, none of my Windows apps where there. I logged into another account and there was also no Windows apps. Is...
If I don't get the upgrade in the next few days, would this work to install windows 10 or should I just wait on an iso download from Microsoft? Please bear with me, it is a little complicated. Will the 10 10240 work to upgrade to the...
Hi everyone, Win 7 user here, wanting to dual boot with Windows 10 preview (on a different partition). So I made a Win 10 usb boot disc, and it installed it fine. Played around with the new Windows for a few mins, whilst it downloaded an...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:12.
Find Us