Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,469
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #20

    Tutorial updated to add Option Four to turn on or off airplane mode using a REG file.
      My Computers


  2. 1RK
    Posts : 1
    Windows
       #21

    Hello,
    one question….
    it is possible switch on airplane mode in power options?

    I create power profile for maximum battery efficiency.

    as this post:

    Add Networking connectivity in Standby to Power Options in Windows 10 | Tutorials

    Thank you R.
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,469
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #22

    1RK said:
    Hello,
    one question….
    it is possible switch on airplane mode in power options?

    I create power profile for maximum battery efficiency.

    as this post:

    Add Networking connectivity in Standby to Power Options in Windows 10 | Tutorials

    Thank you R.

    Hello R, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    I'm not aware of a way to toggle Airplane Mode in Power Options.
      My Computers

  4. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 11,750
    Win10 Pro Versions 2004 and 2009/20H2, Win10 Pro IP_Dev, Win10 Home 1909
       #23

    When airplane mode is turned on, you'll still be able to turn on or off your individual Bluetooth and wireless devices.
    My HP Envy TouchSmart Notebook turns the Wireless/Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Off when Airplane mode is On, doesn't affect the Touchpad. Wireless/Wi-Fi are on the same adapter so Airplane mode must turn the power off to the adapter whether using the Windows feature or the F12 key.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 47
    Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2
       #24

    Thanks


    Thanks Shawn for all your input - so many options I am sure one will work. I particularly like the reg file. I'll let you know the result asap but it maybe two weeks away yet. Again, thankyou.
      My Computer

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,469
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #25

    lvr181 said:
    Thanks Shawn for all your input - so many options I am sure one will work. I particularly like the reg file. I'll let you know the result asap but it maybe two weeks away yet. Again, thankyou.
    I hope it will work for you.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 91
    10pro 20H2 19042.631
       #26

    Thanks again to Brink for one of many helpful tutorials.

    Trying the reg file method (by directly changing the DWORD) and not getting expected results.
    Posted here ...
    Force always start in flight mode

    By manually changing the default DWORD am I avoiding doing it the correct way and should actually be following your exact instructions to double click and merge ?

    To summarise the results I get ... the DWORD will change the status of the button for flight mode but does not switch off the radios.

    And I am only looking to switch radios off ... would prefer to switch on manually using the flight mode button.
    And am aware I can just remember to click flight mode at every restart/sign-off/shutdown ... but was hoping to automate this.

    Posting here just to see what I am missing .....
      My Computers


  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,469
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #27

    Pavl said:
    Thanks again to Brink for one of many helpful tutorials.

    Trying the reg file method (by directly changing the DWORD) and not getting expected results.
    Posted here ...
    Force always start in flight mode

    By manually changing the default DWORD am I avoiding doing it the correct way and should actually be following your exact instructions to double click and merge ?

    To summarise the results I get ... the DWORD will change the status of the button for flight mode but does not switch off the radios.

    And I am only looking to switch radios off ... would prefer to switch on manually using the flight mode button.
    And am aware I can just remember to click flight mode at every restart/sign-off/shutdown ... but was hoping to automate this.

    Posting here just to see what I am missing .....
    Hello mate,

    Sure, you can manually change the value instead of using the REG file.

    It does require restarting the computer to apply though.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 91
    10pro 20H2 19042.631
       #28

    Thank you Brink.

    Was afraid of that ... as doing the manual change with restart at each test does not give the expected result.
    In fact (If I were to be so bold) it fails.
    Here is my rambling explanation from my other thread .....

    Starting from..
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\RadioManagement\SystemRadioState
    default DWORD = 0
    Current radio status is...
    wifi = 1 bluetooth = 1 flight = 0
    Action centre shows wifi black for 1/on ... bluetooth black for 1/on ... flight grey for 0/off
    Clicking bluetooth or wifi in actions turns each individually on or off.
    Clicking flight in actions turns both bluetooth and wifi off.
    So far as expected.

    So changed default DWORD to 1 (had hex selected first go then as decimal second go)
    Restart.
    Actions show bluetooth, wifi and flight all as black/on.
    Machine is online.
    Clicking flight once has no effect on wifi or bluetooth.
    Clicking flight second time turns off bluetooth and wifi.
    Clicking wifi and bluetooth changes those radio states but leaves flight black/on.
    System tray shows flight mode regardless of wifi/bluetooth state.
    Only clicking flight mode changes system tray icon. Still switches wifi and bluetooth states as expected.
    So the button clicking still controls radio states but the display of flight mode can obscure the actual radio state.

    Now clicked flight mode to black/on.
    Restart.
    Still in flight mode with both bluetooth and wifi off.

    Back to default DWORD = 0
    Flight mode is black/on.
    Restart.
    This time actions shows flight/bluetooth/wifi as grey/off.
    System tray shows globe and machine is offline.
    Clicking flight on/off only changes flight button and has no effect on bluetooth or wifi.
    Clicking bluetooth or wifi changes those radio states as expected so machine can be put online again.
    When online the flight button works as expected to change bluetooth and wifi radio states.

    Running out of time this morning to do more ...
    But I still dont appreciate the purpose of this reg method as this machine still relies on previous radiostates prior to restart ... or have I missed something ?

    Seems to me that the DWORD controls the flight mode button colour/on/off status but does not shut off the radios unless that was their states prior to restart.

    Willing to accept that I have missed the point but still seeking an automated way to keep radios off without havig to remember flight mode at every restart/sign of/ shutdown.
    Lazy perhaps but just trying for a bit of consistency.
    Paul
    My only desire is to automate radios off just prior to restart/sign-off/shutdown.
    Manual from there onwards.
      My Computers


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tutorial Categories

Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums