How to Enable or Disable Bluetooth Absolute Volume in Windows 10  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How to Enable or Disable Bluetooth Absolute Volume in Windows 10

    How to Enable or Disable Bluetooth Absolute Volume in Windows 10

    Published by Category: Hardware & Drivers
    27 Aug 2020
    Designer Media Ltd


    How to Enable or Disable Bluetooth Absolute Volume in Windows 10


    Absolute Volume is a feature released starting with the Windows 10 April 2018 update version 1803. This feature allows the Windows volume slider to precisely control the local volume of compatible Bluetooth speakers or headphones connected to the computer.

    However, Absolute Volume may sometimes prevent you from separately changing a Bluetooth device's dual volume control for the left and right volume levels.

    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Bluetooth Absolute Volume for all users in Windows 10.

    You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Bluetooth Absolute Volume.



    EXAMPLE: Left and right dual volume control of Bluetooth device
    How to Enable or Disable Bluetooth Absolute Volume in Windows 10-bluetooth_dual_volume_control.png



    Here's How:

    The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT

    DisableAbsoluteVolume DWORD

    0 = Enable
    1 = Disable


    1 Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.


    2 Enable Bluetooth Absolute Volume

    This is the default setting.

    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

    Enable_Bluetooth_Absolute_Volume.reg

    Download


    3 Disable Bluetooth Absolute Volume

    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

    Disable_Bluetooth_Absolute_Volume.reg

    Download


    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

    5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

    6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

    7 Restart the computer to apply.

    8 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.


    That's it,
    Shawn



  1. TONPumper's Avatar
    Posts : 166
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
       #1

    What's the default setting? I used this fix to disable the setting, but it actually made my music experience worse. I change the setting manually after disabling the setting, but it didn't make a difference.
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,802
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21376
    Thread Starter
       #2

    TONPumper said:
    What's the default setting? I used this fix to disable the setting, but it actually made my music experience worse. I change the setting manually after disabling the setting, but it didn't make a difference.
    Hello TON,

    This setting is enabled by default.

    I'd say test with the L and R balance levels the same and increase as needed.
      My Computers

  3. TONPumper's Avatar
    Posts : 166
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
       #3

    Thank you for this support! I did, however, make a mistake. I deleted the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth entry and now my headphones won't connect. How can I restore this entry? I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the driver, but that didn't work.
      My Computer

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,802
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21376
    Thread Starter
       #4

    TONPumper said:
    Thank you for this support! I did, however, make a mistake. I deleted the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth entry and now my headphones won't connect. How can I restore this entry? I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the driver, but that didn't work.
    Here's an exported copy from my system that I hope will help.

    Bluetooth.reg


    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth]
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio]
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\A2dp]
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\A2dp\Sink]
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\A2dp\Source]
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP]
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT]
    "DisableAbsoluteVolume"=dword:00000000
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\Hfp]
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\Hfp\AudioGateway]
    "BrsfSupportedFeatures"=dword:00000767
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    "ProfileVersion"=dword:00000107
    "RfcommServerChannel"=dword:00000001
    "SdpNetworkSupport"=dword:00000001
    "SdpSupportedFeatures"=dword:00000027
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\Hfp\HandsFree]
    "BrsfSupportedFeatures"=dword:000000b7
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    "ProfileVersion"=dword:00000107
    "RfcommServerChannel"=dword:00000002
    "SdpSupportedFeatures"=dword:00000037
    Last edited by Brink; 09 Aug 2020 at 10:41. Reason: code box
      My Computers

  5. TONPumper's Avatar
    Posts : 166
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
       #5

    Brink said:
    Here's an exported copy from my system that I hope will help.

    Bluetooth.reg
    Seems to have worked. Thank you! My bluetooth driver seems to be a problem. Not sure if it's the 2004 preview update or bad hardware.
      My Computer

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,802
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21376
    Thread Starter
       #6

    TONPumper said:
    Seems to have worked. Thank you! My bluetooth driver seems to be a problem. Not sure if it's the 2004 preview update or bad hardware.
    You're most welcome.
      My Computers

  7. TONPumper's Avatar
    Posts : 166
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
       #7

    Brink said:
    You're most welcome.
    I do have a follow up question though: What would be another way to fix this issue? This seems like something that if it happened and I didn't have the reg file to inject the settings, I would be forced to do a reinstall of Windows, since uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers didn't fix the issue.
      My Computer

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,802
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21376
    Thread Starter
       #8

    TONPumper said:
    I do have a follow up question though: What would be another way to fix this issue? This seems like something that if it happened and I didn't have the reg file to inject the settings, I would be forced to do a reinstall of Windows, since uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers didn't fix the issue.
    It's always a good idea to back up a registry key before deleting it just in case you may need to restore it.

    You can always post here in the forum to request a copy of a deleted registry key. I'll always be happy to provide one if able.
      My Computers

  9. TONPumper's Avatar
    Posts : 166
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
       #9

    Brink said:
    It's always a good idea to back up a registry key before deleting it just in case you may need to restore it.

    You can always post here in the forum to request a copy of a deleted registry key. I'll always be happy to provide one if able.
    This is true, but what if your settings don't match up with my hardware settings? I don't mean any offense, but I'm sure that your hardware is different from mine.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tutorial Categories

How to Enable or Disable Bluetooth Absolute Volume in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums