Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 60,522
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #30

    Paul Black said:
    I have been thinking about this.

    If we were to setup a flyout in the registry, something like this for example which I setup to be added to the Context Menu, but set it up somewhere else where it will not be seen, is there no way to create a shortcut to the registry key . . .
    I'm afraid not. A shortcut cannot have a registry key as a target location, and it will not open a context menu.
      My Computers

  2. Paul Black's Avatar
    Posts : 15,377
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #31

    If only there was a way to setup something like a second Control Panel as an example, with just the new items required inside and then link to that!
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 60,522
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #32

    Paul Black said:
    If only there was a way to setup something like a second Control Panel as an example with just the new items required inside and then link to that!
    Would adding a toolbar to the taskbar with the items you wanted work for this? You could add subfolders to have them expandable in the toolbar menu.

    Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10
      My Computers

  4. Paul Black's Avatar
    Posts : 15,377
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #33

    Brink said:
    Would adding a toolbar to the taskbar with the items you wanted work for this? You could add subfolders to have them expandable in the toolbar menu.

    Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10
    Thank you, I will have a look into that tomorrow.

    As long as I can fully customise what is shown in the menus/sub-menus then that could possibly be the best solution!
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 60,522
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #34

    Paul Black said:
    Thank you, I will have a look into that tomorrow.

    As long as I can fully customise what is shown in the menus/sub-menus then that could probably be the best solution!
    Yes, you sure can. Plus, you don't have to use hashlnk.exe on the shortcuts like with the Win+X menu. You can use normal shortcuts.
    Last edited by Brink; 03 Mar 2020 at 17:36.
      My Computers

  6. Paul Black's Avatar
    Posts : 15,377
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #35

    Brink said:
    Yes, you sure can. Plus, you don't have to use hashlnk.exe on the shortcuts like with the Win+X menu. You can use normal shortcuts.
    I have made a start on this and so far I am liking it!
    I have setup a new toolbar with a couple of menus and items within them and attached my own icons.
    It looks like this will be the way to go for all the things readily at hand!

    Thanks again Brink, it is appreciated.
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 60,522
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #36

    Paul Black said:
    I have made a start on this and so far I am liking it!
    I have setup a new toolbar with a couple of menus and items within them and attached my own icons.
    It looks like this will be the way to go for all the things readily at hand!

    Thanks again Brink, it is appreciated.
    You're most welcome Paul.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #37

    Hello Brink
    Does this mod work in all versions of Win10?
    I have v 2004 Build 19041.388 and not succeeding.
    I get the following error msg:
    Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10-winx-mod-error.jpg

    This file does exist however @ C:\Windows\System32
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 60,522
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #38

    sammie said:
    Hello Brink
    Does this mod work in all versions of Win10?
    I have v 2004 Build 19041.388 and not succeeding.
    I get the following error msg:

    This file does exist however @ C:\Windows\System32
    Hello,

    If it's a system file issue, you could try running the SFC /SCANNOW command below to try and repair it, then try running the app again.

    Run SFC Command in Windows 10
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #39

    Hello again

    Don't worry, I only wanted to get Control Panel onto the Win+X menu.
    I just found your other tutorial "How to Add or Remove Control Panel on Win+X Menu in Windows 10".
    Works a treat, and so much simpler to implement.
    Thanking you.

    PS I'll add some info in that regard at the that tutorial.

    Cheers
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:12.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums