Enable or Disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10  

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #50

    There is currently a known issue with Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 version 1903.

    Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

    Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”
    Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

    Affected platforms:
    Client: Windows 10, version 1903

    Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 LTSC
       #51

    thank you Brink
      My Computer

  3. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,013
    Windows10
       #52

    Kari said:
    Only option I know is to use Hyper-V virtual machines. I run Sandbox in Windows 10 on a Hyper-V VM, and save a Standard Checkpoint of that VM when I want to save Sandbox state.

    Restoring / applying that checkpoint, Sandbox is where I left it.

    There is no way to save state of Sandbox when you close it.

    Kari
    Another way but a bit clunky is to make an incremental image backup just before closing it down (and an icremental image before you wind back. I have an amd processor and cannot run sandbox in a vm.
      My Computer

  4. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #53

    cereberus said:
    Another way but a bit clunky is to make an incremental image backup just before closing it down (and an icremental image before you wind back. I have an amd processor and cannot run sandbox in a vm.
    I wonder when Microsoft will fix this. Nothing wrong with the hardware, just lacking MS support, which is ridiculous.
      My Computers

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #54

    slicendice said:
    I wonder when Microsoft will fix this. Nothing wrong with the hardware, just lacking MS support, which is ridiculous.

    Currently, Microsoft said they are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.
    Last edited by Brink; 29 May 2019 at 09:32.
      My Computers

  6. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #55

    Brink said:
    Currently, Microsoft said they are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.
    I see! Thanks for this information.
      My Computers

  7. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,287
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #56

    Where does Sandbox store its files so I can check whether are any residual files left behind?

    I get a different error on starting (see below). Any ideas what this is due to and how to fix it?

    Attachment 236540
      My Computers

  8. rezpower's Avatar
    Posts : 324
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #57

    Steve C said:
    Where does Sandbox store its files so I can check whether are any residual files left behind?

    I get a different error on starting (see below). Any ideas what this is due to and how to fix it?



    Attachment 236540
    I get the exact same error on 1903 version of windows. I would be happy if you let me know if you found a soloution
    to this problem.

    Enable or Disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10-annotation-2019-06-09-195854.png
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #58

    No solution yet that we know of. We're waiting to see if the solution provided by Microsoft in late June will also sort it.
      My Computers

  10. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,287
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #59

    rezpower said:
    I get the exact same error on 1903 version of windows. I would be happy if you let me know if you found a soloution
    to this problem.

    Enable or Disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10-annotation-2019-06-09-195854.png
    After updating to v1903, I installed KB4497165 (microcode update - see KB4497165 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1903 - May 14) I uninstalled this update and Sandbox now works.

    You can have the latest microcode update and Sandbox won't work or you can dispense with the microcode update and Sandbox will work. This is yet another dubious achievement of Microsoft's wonderful software engineering.
      My Computers


 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Enable or Disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums