Windows 10: Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1.    11 Oct 2015 #30

    I installed Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 64 bit, I activated it, I switched the local account to a Microsoft account, I enabled the "Insider Builds" and selected the Fast ring.

    So I checked the updates but Windows did not find any new build. Why?

    Thanks

    Bye
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 20,809
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       11 Oct 2015 #31

    balubeto said: View Post
    I installed Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 64 bit, I activated it, I switched the local account to a Microsoft account, I enabled the "Insider Builds" and selected the Fast ring.

    So I checked the updates but Windows did not find any new build. Why?

    Thanks

    Bye
    Hello Balubeto,

    Sometimes it may take a bit. Keep checking off and on, and it should be available eventually.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    12 Oct 2015 #32

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Balubeto,

    Sometimes it may take a bit. Keep checking off and on, and it should be available eventually.
    I can not download any build. Why?

    It is possible to force the download of the builds?

    Thanks

    Bye
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 20,809
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       12 Oct 2015 #33

    Give it a few days mate.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    12 Oct 2015 #34

    Brink said: View Post
    Give it a few days mate.
    It seems absurd that a person has to wait whole days before being able download these builds.

    What is the mechanism which regulates these downloads?

    Is there a way to reduce these waiting times?

    Thanks

    Bye
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 20,809
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       12 Oct 2015 #35

    Nope. It's just a matter of when it shows up after checking for updates. Of course, you have to be signed in to a Microsoft account, and that account verified on the PC.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    12 Oct 2015 #36

    Brink said: View Post
    Nope. It's just a matter of when it shows up after checking for updates. Of course, you have to be signed in to a Microsoft account, and that account verified on the PC.
    In other words, it is only a matter of luck.

    Thanks

    Bye
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 20,809
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       12 Oct 2015 #37

    No, time and patience.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    31 Jan 2016 #38

    Went back to a previous version as a version with Fast Insider crashed my Game
    ( discovered when I tried everything else bar returning to a previous version )

    Now I'd like to opt out, but can't as the CONFIRM button is not there .

    Is there a solution as I'd rather not download an ISO and reinstall again?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 20,809
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       31 Jan 2016 #39

    smileye said: View Post
    Went back to a previous version as a version with Fast Insider crashed my Game
    ( discovered when I tried everything else bar returning to a previous version )

    Now I'd like to opt out, but can't as the CONFIRM button is not there .

    Is there a solution as I'd rather not download an ISO and reinstall again?
    Hello smileye,

    Usually when you're not able to stop receiving Insider builds, you will need to reinstall Windows 10. Did you install Windows 10 using an Insider build ISO?

    You could try doing a repair install instead without losing anything to see if you will no longer be an Insider afterwards.

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Related Threads
I have been running Windows 10 Technical Previews on my Acer C720 for the past few weeks. Yesterday I updated to full Windows 10 (don't think it changed anything, was running 10240 before and 10240 afterwards) and I wanted to stop Insider Builds due...
Stop insider builds in Windows Insider
Need help. In build 162 I have stop insider builds in windows update advanced settings. How to I change that to receive insider builds. Henry
This will, most likely, be the default procedure for opting out of 'Insider Preview Builds' on your copy Windows 10 Upgrade, and, not necessarily opting you out of the Insider Program per se, but this, of course, is not verified. Settings►Update...
I like many others have been having a problem getting my Windows Update set up to get insider builds. Even though I had signed in using my Microsoft account, I get getting the "Fix me" button which gave me a message about stopping insider builds. ...
I have my personal laptop with me at work today. It is now downloading Win10 10166, but its at about 30% and I don't think it will finish by the time I get out of work (in about 30 minutes). Can I just shut down Windows in the middle of the download...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.
Find Us