Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Sep 2015 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    TON,

    If you wanted to, keep trying off an on to see if you may be able "Get started" for the builds.

    You could use the tutorial below for how to switch to a local account to sign in to Windows with. Just remember, that in a local account you will not be able to use any Windows apps that use a Microsoft service unless you sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    I'm not too concerned about not being able to use apps. I did switch back to the local account and it's saying that I need to sign in with my MS account still. Would I be able to use the Media Creation Tool to install the latest build?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Sep 2015 #11
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,396
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

    That's ok.

    Sign in to the Store with your MS account instead, to see if it stops. If so, this way you can still sign in Windows with your local account.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

    If that doesn't work, then you could also directly download a Windows 10 ISO file, and do a clean install with it. Be sure that you click on "Skip" when asked for a product key. Windows 10 will be activated afterwards if your current installation is.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    07 Sep 2015 #12
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    That's ok.

    Sign in to the Store with your MS account instead, to see if it stops. If so, this way you can still sign in Windows with your local account.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

    If that doesn't work, then you could also directly download a Windows 10 ISO file, and do a clean install with it. Be sure that you click on "Skip" when asked for a product key. Windows 10 will be activated afterwards if your current installation is.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
    I signed into the store but when I click on Get Started, it still asks me to sign in with my MS account. I was checking this page to see if this would work, but my button doesn't say fix me and my registry entries don't look like the one on the page.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Sep 2015 #13
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,396
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

    As a test, add a new account on your PC, and have it be your Microsoft account. Afterwards, make that account an administrator, then sign in to that new account, and see if you are able to use "Get started".

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...a.html#option4

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    07 Sep 2015 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    As a test, add a new account on your PC, and have it be your Microsoft account. Afterwards, make that account an administrator, then sign in to that new account, and see if you are able to use "Get started".

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...a.html#option4

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html
    Okay, this worked. I was able to Get Started through the new user account. Does this mean that I'm good to go or is there something wrong with the profile I'm using?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 Sep 2015 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,396
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

    Great news. You're good to go.

    You could keep both accounts, or remove the old local account. If you remove it, be sure to copy over any files you want from it first.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    07 Sep 2015 #16
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Great news. You're good to go.

    You could keep both accounts, or remove the old local account. If you remove it, be sure to copy over any files you want from it first.
    Does this mean I can only get Windows Updates from the new account?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    08 Sep 2015 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,396
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

    You should be able to get updates from both accounts.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    08 Sep 2015 #18
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    You should be able to get updates from both accounts.
    The only updates that I'm getting are for Windows Defender. Do I have to wait to get the update for the build?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    08 Sep 2015 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,396
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

    If you did everything in the tutorial to start getting builds, then it shouldn't take long.

    Double check that you have "Fast" selected, unchecked "Defer upgrades", Windows 10 is activated, your MS account is verified on the PC.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Can't stop Windows Insider Builds?
I have been running Windows 10 Technical Previews on my Acer C720 for the past few weeks. Yesterday I updated to full Windows 10 (don't think it changed anything, was running 10240 before and 10240 afterwards) and I wanted to stop Insider Builds due...
Windows Insider
Stop insider builds
Need help. In build 162 I have stop insider builds in windows update advanced settings. How to I change that to receive insider builds. Henry
Windows Insider
Stop/Start getting Insider Previews after RTM
This will, most likely, be the default procedure for opting out of 'Insider Preview Builds' on your copy Windows 10 Upgrade, and, not necessarily opting you out of the Insider Program per se, but this, of course, is not verified. Settings►Update...
Windows Insider
Problem with getting Insider Builds thru Windows Update
I like many others have been having a problem getting my Windows Update set up to get insider builds. Even though I had signed in using my Microsoft account, I get getting the "Fix me" button which gave me a message about stopping insider builds. ...
Windows Insider
Solved Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it?
I have my personal laptop with me at work today. It is now downloading Win10 10166, but its at about 30% and I don't think it will finish by the time I get out of work (in about 30 minutes). Can I just shut down Windows in the middle of the download...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums