Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 64 bit
       2016-09-01 #90

    Sure thing, had to wait until I got home but here you go. For reference, I have also tried the following with the same results:

    -In the futuremark folder
    -In a new folder I created in the futuremark folder
    -In a new folder I created in the programs folder

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untijkljkjklled-1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	485.2 KB 
ID:	99227
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,367
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       2016-09-01 #91

    If "3DMark 11" under the "Futuremark" folder opens the same app as the added "3DMark", then that would be why "3DMark" is not listed again in All Apps. There can only be one instance of a shortcut that opens an item.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 64 bit
       2016-09-01 #92

    Thanks for the suggestion, but they are different. Different programs in different folders with differently named executables.

    The problem is with everything I've tried, not just this one shortcut
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,367
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       2016-09-01 #93

    What build of Windows 10 do you have installed? I'll do some testing with the same build to see if it may be an issue with it.

    Windows 10 Build Number - Find
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 64 bit
       2016-09-01 #94

    Alright so I just tried a shortcut to nothing (made one up) and it went in All Apps like its supposed to I don't understand lol. Your suggestion is definitely wrong but may have sparked something here. See below for screenshot of all the 3DMark shortcuts confirming they are different:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dmarkdifferent.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	283.8 KB 
ID:	99265

    My Windows version is 1607 (Build 14393.82). Let me know if you come up with anything else.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,367
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       2016-09-01 #95

    Yep, they are different apps. The shortcut should have been listed. You might see if restarting explorer may toggle it to show.


    The latest is 14393.105 for non Insiders if you wanted to update to it to see how it does. It works for me in that build as well.

    Cumulative Update KB3176938 Windows 10 build 14393.105
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2015
    Midwest
    Posts : 67
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       2016-09-01 #96

    Brink,
    Your turorials are awesome, and what gets me is how you'll get posts a year or more after you post your turotial.
    I just tried doing the command Get-StartApps | measureand I get this message:
    C:\Users\ckeeton>Get-StartApps | measure'Get-StartApps' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file

    I'm running the Command Prompt (Admin) and I'm running it under my profile directory.
    I'm running Win 10 Pro 10586.545

    Any ideas? U think they stopped supporting the command?


    Thx
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,367
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       2016-09-01 #97

    hooked said: View Post
    Brink,
    Your turorials are awesome, and what gets me is how you'll get posts a year or more after you post your turotial.
    I just tried doing the command Get-StartApps | measureand I get this message:
    C:\Users\ckeeton>Get-StartApps | measure'Get-StartApps' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file

    I'm running the Command Prompt (Admin) and I'm running it under my profile directory.
    I'm running Win 10 Pro 10586.545

    Any ideas? U think they stopped supporting the command?


    Thx
    Hello hooked,

    No worries. You just needed to run the command in PowerShell instead.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 64 bit
       2016-09-01 #98

    Brink said: View Post
    Yep, they are different apps. The shortcut should have been listed.
    Brink said: View Post

    The latest is 14393.105 for non Insiders if you wanted to update to it to see how it does. It works for me in that build as well.

    Cumulative Update KB3176938 Windows 10 build 14393.105


    Just updated, no change.

    Thought: When I upgraded 3DMark I unchecked the option to create a shortcut in All Apps. I did that because there was already a shortcut to it in the Futuremark folder at the time and I didnt realize updating would remove it. That's why I am trying to do it manually. Any chance that selection is "saved" somewhere and preventing it from being added now somehow?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,367
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       2016-09-01 #99

    Celeras said: View Post

    Just updated, no change.

    Thought: When I upgraded 3DMark I unchecked the option to create a shortcut in All Apps. I did that because there was already a shortcut to it in the Futuremark folder at the time and I didnt realize updating would remove it. That's why I am trying to do it manually. Any chance that selection is "saved" somewhere and preventing it from being added somehow?
    Not selecting to create a shortcut during the software installation shouldn't affect you being able to manually add it later.

    You might see if restarting explorer after adding the shortcut may toggle it to show in All apps in case it may be a refresh issue.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Start Menu Recently Added Apps - Add or Remove in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Recently added group on your Start menu shows the last new desktop app or Windows app from the Store installed. Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, the...
Tutorials
Start Menu Most Used Apps - Add or Remove in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Must used group on your Start menu will store and display your recently opened apps. Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, the most used apps list and the All...
Tutorials
Can't add or remove items from start list
The situation is I can't add any item to the "start list', which is the list on the left of the start icons. As far as I've read, it's supposed to be as easy as dragging an icon, but it can't be done I get an "x" when I reach the destination at...
Customization
Solved Why is there a limit of items that can be pinned to the start menu?
Why is there a limit of items that can be pinned to the start menu? In previous builds there was a higher limit or no limit. If the item listed was off-screen, you just scrolled whether or not the start menu was full size or not. In...
General Support
Solved How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?
Folks, I do not show any of the flyouts (the right caret >) on my start menu items like file explorer or Control Panel. I am sure I turned them off somewhere along the way but not sure where. 5826
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums