Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 61,837
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Kishvand said:
    Hello Brink thanks for help, for some reason cannot use group policy option, I mean both of them have registry keys? One is PublishUserActivities, I look for the other one :)
    The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions, but you would still be able to use Option 2.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 42
    Windows 10 x64
       #11

    Brink said:
    The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions, but you would still be able to use Option 2.
    Hi, yeah I have gpe but don't want to use it, I just need to use Option 2, but it just have one item "PublishUserActivities" while there are 2 options in Settings/that page, I mean for the other one is there a registry address you know?
    Sorry if I didn't make it clear :)
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 61,837
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Kishvand said:
    Hi, yeah I have gpe but don't want to use it, I just need to use Option 2, but it just have one item "PublishUserActivities" while there are 2 options in Settings/that page, I mean for the other one is there a registry address you know?
    Sorry if I didn't make it clear :)

    Ah, I see now. You would want to also use the other policy below for the other setting.

    Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 42
    Windows 10 x64
       #13

    Brink said:
    Ah, I see now. You would want to also use the other policy below for the other setting.

    Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10
    well, thank you so much, you are so kind, I think both registry keys are changed in 1903
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 61,837
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #14

    Kishvand said:
    well, thank you so much, you are so kind, I think both registry keys are changed in 1903
    What makes you think that?

    I just checked to see if anything may have changed, but they are both still the same. Just to note though, the registry key and value are not there by default and doesn't get added until the policy is configured.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 58
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #15

    This tweak has mad a big difference on performance after using the registry tweak. Are there anymore tweaks like this one that makes a big difference also? (Disabled is the one i chose)

    Thank you for adding this tweak brink
    Last edited by quicksilverstud; 16 Feb 2020 at 18:52.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 61,837
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #16

    quicksilverstud said:
    This tweak has mad a big difference on performance after using the registry tweak. Are there anymore tweaks like this one that makes a big difference also? (Disabled is the one i chose)

    Thank you for adding this tweak brink
    I'm glad it could help.

    You could go through the items below to help performance some more.

    Optimize Performance of Windows 10
      My Computers


 

Tutorial Categories

Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums