Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,431
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2751

    MattKC said: View Post
    wish i could have Realtek for Speakers and Microsoft drivers for mic/headset.
    You might be able to in Settings>system>sound>Advanced sound options(bottom of page>App Volume and "device" preferences
    Select the input/ output for specific programs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	234236
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #2752

    Cliff S said: View Post
    You might be able to in Settings>system>sound>Advanced sound options(bottom of page>App Volume and "device" preferences
    Select the input/ output for specific programs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	234236
    Can't really as Windows shows only 1 at the time, so when I am using microsoft, it does not show the realtek ones.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #2753

    Hi guys,

    I recently got a new pc with MSI mobo and the realtek audio manager has no loudness equalization option? How do i go about fixing it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #2754

    Does anybody know if there's actual "changelog" for driver updates or it is all top secret ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #2755

    luminax said: View Post
    ... realtek audio manager has no loudness equalization option? How do i go about fixing it?
    As far as I have been able to figure out, newer MSI boards force the use of Nahimic to control the "effects"...and it is trash.

    1. Use an older (HDA) driver. 6.0.1.8228 or 6.0.1.8308 have all the features/effects intact. I'm using 6.0.1.8308 (the 131.3 MB file. Newest "good" driver I know of) but both are fine and sound every bit as good as the newer ones. This on an MSI B450 Gaming Plus with Realtek ALC892 Codec.

    2. ...or Install Nahimic *pukes*, which is not an option in my opinion. See the post linked for more detail, just know I have moved to 8308 vs 8228 since that post.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 5,808
    Wndows 10 x64 Pro version19H1 18362.53
       #2756

    dimon222 said: View Post
    Does anybody know if there's actual "changelog" for driver updates or it is all top secret ?

    As far as I can tell Realtek have never issued a changelog publicly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    #2757

    luminax said: View Post
    I recently got a new pc with MSI mobo and the realtek audio manager has no loudness equalization option? How do i go about fixing it?
    Have you checked in Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab > [your default playback device] Properties to see if you have that option (probably on the Enhancements tab)?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:51.
Find Us