Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    #2631

    ddelo said: View Post
    The only way then, is to try the manufacturer's site again.
    And if nothing found, then maybe you could post a question to their support forum requesting help for the exact issue you experience.
    Your next alternative, which is extremely time consuming, is to get in here and start installing drivers, hoping to find the working one. Just look for drivers with size larger than 100MB, as the smaller ones are UAD drivers.
    I will just go with no driver, or should I say the one that gets installed by Microsoft before you put in the right driver. It works find and sounds good. MSI, the manufacturer of the motherboard, only posts the latest version and doesn't keep older versions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #2632

    Lery said: View Post
    It was an older one than that one. I updated to that from my manufacturer's website, which caused no sound. I remember I had this issue, but I kept the old one around to revert to. Unfortunately, I must have removed the very old working driver installation from my computer.
    you could try the last public Driver Realtek released in the 1st post of this thread (Link is there)

    RELEASE DATE: July 26th 2017
    DRIVER VERSION: R 2.82
    Driver Version in Device Manager: 6.0.1.8186

    Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #2633

    Kbird said: View Post
    you could try the last public Driver Realtek released in the 1st post of this thread (Link is there)

    RELEASE DATE: July 26th 2017
    DRIVER VERSION: R 2.82
    Driver Version in Device Manager: 6.0.1.8186

    Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
    Well, how about that! I completely overlooked that! And what do you know, it works. Thank you very much! I wonder why that is the only Realtek driver that produces sound for me? Either way, good show!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #2634

    Lery said: View Post
    Well, how about that! I completely overlooked that! And what do you know, it works. Thank you very much! I wonder why that is the only Realtek driver that produces sound for me? Either way, good show!
    Try posting over at Laptop2GoVideo on the Realtek Thread , a couple of the guys over there like erp-ster7n, are a great help to Users finding the right drivers for laptops in particular, I quite often pick up the HDA drivers over there too.

    Latest Realtek Audio Codecs - Page 35 - RealTek Audio Support - LaptopVideo2Go Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #2635

    bitxan said: View Post
    ASUS
    8694_UAD_WHQL_AVO.7z
    8694_UAD_WHQL_XPERI.7z
    8694_UAD_WHQL_PCH_DMIC.7z
    8694_UAD_WHQL_ICE_RTK.7z


    What does each of the versions mean?
    which is the recommended for asus crosshair hero x370 with realtek 1220?
    Thank you.
    8694_UAD_WHQL_AVO.7z --------------- with Nahimic integration
    8694_UAD_WHQL_XPERI.7z ------------ with DTS integration
    8694_UAD_WHQL_ICE_RTK.7z ------------ with ICEpower integration
    8694_UAD_WHQL_PCH_DMIC.7z

    If you have installed Intel SST Driver and find some HWID similar this on your laptop, you may need to install the following INFs
    INTELAUDIO\CTLR_DEV_A348&LINKTYPE_02&DEVTYPE_01&VEN_8086&DEV_AE20&SUBSYS_104319E1&REV_10

    Extension INF: IntcDMicExt_OEM for install software component INFs:
    • Realtek Audio Effects Component (INT) [VEN_10EC&AID_0003]
    • Realtek Speech Preprocessing IP DLL Component [VEN_10EC&SSTPPDLL_0001]

    Extension INF: IntcDMicExtTuningAPO_OEM ------------ APO Audio Effects Settings

    asus crosshair hero x370 with realtek 1220:
    UAD Driver: 8694_UAD_WHQL_AVO.7z
    Since the file don't contains thirty components for Sonic Studio III & Sonic Radar III, follow this thread from ASUS forum:
    [DRIVERS] Realtek HD Audio (UAD)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #2636

    alanfox2000 said: View Post
    8694_UAD_WHQL_AVO.7z --------------- with Nahimic integration
    8694_UAD_WHQL_XPERI.7z ------------ with DTS integration
    8694_UAD_WHQL_ICE_RTK.7z ------------ with ICEpower integration
    8694_UAD_WHQL_PCH_DMIC.7z

    If you have installed Intel SST Driver and find some HWID similar this on your laptop, you may need to install the following INFs
    INTELAUDIO\CTLR_DEV_A348&LINKTYPE_02&DEVTYPE_01&VEN_8086&DEV_AE20&SUBSYS_104319E1&REV_10

    Extension INF: IntcDMicExt_OEM for install software component INFs:
    • Realtek Audio Effects Component (INT) [VEN_10EC&AID_0003]
    • Realtek Speech Preprocessing IP DLL Component [VEN_10EC&SSTPPDLL_0001]

    Extension INF: IntcDMicExtTuningAPO_OEM ------------ APO Audio Effects Settings

    asus crosshair hero x370 with realtek 1220:
    UAD Driver: 8694_UAD_WHQL_AVO.7z
    Since the file don't contains thirty components for Sonic Studio III & Sonic Radar III, follow this thread from ASUS forum:
    [DRIVERS] Realtek HD Audio (UAD)
    I understand, then to avoid those problems, it is better to use HDA FFO3 driver? Thanks for your help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2
    Windows X Redstone 3 (1709)
       #2637

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Welcome to Windows Ten Forums.
    Thank you for warm welcome Cliff
    Hmm.
    I have tried Sound BlasterX 720 with HDA drivers and unfortunately no luck. But with UAD driver Creative Sound BlasterX 720 works quite well. Still UWP infrastructure is still like on "Beta" stage.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,415
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2638

    Why I prefer the UAD driver


    This is just my setup, so not for everyone).
    In my case the UAD drivers from ASUS ROG are much better than the HDA ones.
    They integrate better with the UWP Realtek Audio Console and SonicStudio from ROG.
    Also the sound better, probably because ROG also updates their SonicSuite very often, adjusting the defaults, and effects(like different headphones or sounds).

    Also the update experience is much better.
    With HDA, it was quite often I would get stuck in an uninstall loop if I let the new driver uninstall it, meaning after every reboot it would keep trying to uninstall the old drive that was uninstalled.
    I would then have to use Geek Uninstaller to nuke the old driver, then install the new one.

    With the UAD one, I have only had good experience(once I finally got it installed the first time)

    Also uninstalling the HDA ones resets all your EQ settings
    And there is no way to save them to reapply

    With UAD SonicSuite and Realtek console are separate UWP items and all my settings are there after a driver update.
    If for some reason, they are not, SonicStudio lets me reapply from a saved file
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	302.1 KB 
ID:	232973
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    #2639

    8648 UAD ................the best ( untill now )....!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,415
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2640

    A friend who's, also a sound and PC enthusiast, came over today to visit, and I was showing him my current setup for sound.
    I asked him if he had installed the 8648 drivers I'd sent him through Skype yet, and he said no.

    Well I was running the 8694 drivers, and he was impressed.
    That's when I asked if he installed 48.
    So I thought I would show him the difference and installed 8648.

    It blew his mind, and mine too, as I have just been updating along and not going back.

    Damn it, they are the best!
    And I'm sticking with them

    They are just perfectly balanced, and the bass has the most kick(kick drum) and punch(drop bass).
    The mids are perfect, and the highs?
    Well the highs are just crispier than; the early morning snow in your driveway, under foot, when the night was 20 below zero.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:04.
Find Us