Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    #2591

    Hi. Can someone help please?

    I have currently installed the audio drivers from lenovo webiste, which according this website:
    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio

    I have figured out that I use "Fortemedia (FMAPO) Integration".

    When I click the link in the first page, none of the following can be installed:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	232549


    And a message appears that I already have the latest driver installed, which of course is not. Also, why the difference in size?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 5,800
    Wndows 10 x64 Pro version19H1 18362.53
       #2592

    I think I'll probably go back to build 8648 tomorrow, I'm finding 8694 a bit tiring to listen to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #2593

    DooGie said: View Post
    I think I'll probably go back to build 8648 tomorrow, I'm finding 8694 a bit tiring to listen to.
    Wow, that's a shame, I find 8694 kicks major ass here! lol To me everything sounds "brighter" and distinct as well as having the killer bass (compared to the last few versions). A+++ here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,415
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2594

    I finally found a way(through trial and error) on making the Insider Edge sound exactly as good as Chrome(now it can truly be my 24/7 browser)

    I needed to turn on edge://flags/#try-supported-channel-layouts
    Which:
    Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available. Turning this on will allow the OS to do stereo to surround expansion if supported. May expose third party driver bugs, use with caution. – Windows

    Immediately after turning it on and restarting Insider Edge, you will not have any sound.
    You then must turn on either Dolby Atmos(if you have it) or Windows Sonic for headphones, and then Insider Edge sounds exactly like Chrome; on YouTube at least.
    Note, my soundbar is connected via Audio input (3. 5 mm) so this might be only for my setup.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #2595

    chapapak said: View Post
    Hi. Can someone help please?

    I have currently installed the audio drivers from lenovo webiste, which according this website:
    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio

    I have figured out that I use "Fortemedia (FMAPO) Integration".

    When I click the link in the first page, none of the following can be installed:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	232549


    And a message appears that I already have the latest driver installed, which of course is not. Also, why the difference in size?

    If you have followed the process in the Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio - Windows 10 Forums post and you found that you need a driver with "Fortemedia (FMAPO) Integration", it means that you have the old legacy HDA drivers installed, as these type of drivers are detected by this process!

    The above Windows Update Catalog extract shows the new UAD drivers (judging by their small file size, 9.5-9.9 MB), except from the first entry, which seems like an HDA driver.
    So the only one that might work for you is the 1st one, but you have to open the cab file, with 7zip, and look for the integration contained, based on the "special" files presented in the aforementioned process you followed to determine your FMAPO integaration.
    Most likely it does not contain your audio device's HardwareID in its .inf files, nor the FMAPO integration "special" files, so it cannot be installed.

    Skip it and if you want to upgrade, go to the Alanfox2000 github and download the latest HDA driver, which contains your FMAPO integration. The file name you look for, in that site, should be like something
    8xxx_FF0C_FF00_FF01_FF03_FF04_FF06_FF10_PG471_Win10_RS3_RS4_RS5_19H1_Win7_WHQL.rar
    where 8xxx is the driver version, i.e 8678, 8688, 8694 etc.
    Once you download and extract the file, go to its FF01 (Fortemedia) folder and install the new driver, either by using the setup included or by going to Device Manager, to your Realtek audio device, open its properties and update the driver by selecting to look for the update in the FF01 folder of the extracted file.
    HTH
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #2596

    ddelo said: View Post
    If you have followed the process in the Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio - Windows 10 Forums post and you found that you need a driver with "Fortemedia (FMAPO) Integration", it means that you have the old legacy HDA drivers installed, as these type of drivers are detected by this process!

    The above Windows Update Catalog extract shows the new UAD drivers (judging by their small file size, 9.5-9.9 MB), except from the first entry, which seems like an HDA driver.
    So the only one that might work for you is the 1st one, but you have to open the cab file, with 7zip, and look for the integration contained, based on the "special" files presented in the aforementioned process you followed to determine your FMAPO integaration.
    Most likely it does not contain your audio device's HardwareID in its .inf files, nor the FMAPO integration "special" files, so it cannot be installed.

    Skip it and if you want to upgrade, go to the Alanfox2000 github and download the latest HDA driver, which contains your FMAPO integration. The file name you look for, in that site, should be like something
    8xxx_FF0C_FF00_FF01_FF03_FF04_FF06_FF10_PG471_Win10_RS3_RS4_RS5_19H1_Win7_WHQL.rar
    where 8xxx is the driver version, i.e 8678, 8688, 8694 etc.
    Once you download and extract the file, go to its FF01 (Fortemedia) folder and install the new driver, either by using the setup included or by going to Device Manager, to your Realtek audio device, open its properties and update the driver by selecting to look for the update in the FF01 folder of the extracted file.
    HTH
    Thank you Dimitri, I managed to successfully update.

    If you have time, can you -or anyone else that knows- answer the following questions?


    1. Why so much size difference between UAD and HDA drivers?
    2. Do UAD drivers come with FF01 integration as well or are they only generic?
    3. Is it possible to install different integration or the intallation will fail? Or will it succeed installing but the extra features won't be working?


    Thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    #2597

    chapapak said: View Post
    Thank you Dimitri, I managed to successfully update.

    If you have time, can you -or anyone else that knows- answer the following questions?


    1. Why so much size difference between UAD and HDA drivers?
    2. Do UAD drivers come with FF01 integration as well or are they only generic?
    3. Is it possible to install different integration or the intallation will fail? Or will it succeed installing but the extra features won't be working?


    Thank you

    You're most welcome. Glad it worked for you!
    Answers to your questions (to the best of my knowledge, as I'm not an expert) :
    1. New stuff, more compact, less generic than HDA.
    2. UAD drivers are much more codec/implementation specific. If you look at the github page you'll see a lot of drivers, specific to OEM (Dell, Asus, hp etc) implementations, which is not the case with HDA, which are more generic. Either way, the best approach to the audio drivers is to install and keep the one provided by the manufacturer of your system. You (and everybody else, in here) upgrade to the newer ones at the risk that the new ones might not work as expected, according to the OEM's implementation!
    3. For HDA (I'm more familiar with those, as these are the ones I use), I think, although never tried it, that it will not install as there will be no HardwareID in the included .inf files. I'm pretty sure the same will happen with the UAD ones, as they are much more strict than HDA.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #2598

    ddelo said: View Post
    You're most welcome. Glad it worked for you!
    Answers to your questions (to the best of my knowledge, as I'm not an expert) :
    1. New stuff, more compact, less generic than HDA.
    2. UAD drivers are much more codec/implementation specific. If you look at the github page you'll see a lot of drivers, specific to OEM (Dell, Asus, hp etc) implementations, which is not the case with HDA, which are more generic. Either way, the best approach to the audio drivers is to install and keep the one provided by the manufacturer of your system. You (and everybody else, in here) upgrade to the newer ones at the risk that the new ones might not work as expected, according to the OEM's implementation!
    3. For HDA (I'm more familiar with those, as these are the ones I use), I think, although never tried it, that it will not install as there will be no HardwareID in the included .inf files. I'm pretty sure the same will happen with the UAD ones, as they are much more strict than HDA.
    Great explanation!
    In my instance, I have Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop.
    In the github link, I see the following:
    Code:
    Lenovo8688_UAD_WHQL_2019_0426_144444.zip
    What is this, regarding integrations?
    Also, each manufacturer uses only 1 integration, or multiple for its models?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #2599

    chapapak said: View Post
    Great explanation!
    In my instance, I have Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop.
    In the github link, I see the following:
    Code:
    Lenovo8688_UAD_WHQL_2019_0426_144444.zip
    What is this, regarding integrations?
    Also, each manufacturer uses only 1 integration, or multiple for its models?
    Each manufacturer uses a different driver for different codec implementations. You see they use different chips, in their various models.
    Now regarding the Lenovo8688_UAD_WHQL_2019_0426_144444.zip, I don't want to mislead you, as my knowledge of UAD drivers is limited, since I don't use them. Maybe one of our experts in here, might chip in to help you out, on this one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    #2600

    ddelo said: View Post
    Each manufacturer uses a different driver for different codec implementations. You see they use different chips, in their various models.
    Now regarding the Lenovo8688_UAD_WHQL_2019_0426_144444.zip, I don't want to mislead you, as my knowledge of UAD drivers is limited, since I don't use them. Maybe one of our experts in here, might chip in to help you out, on this one.
    It's ok. Thank you again for your time!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:04.
Find Us