Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,922
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2271

    ROGs HDA - FF00 and HDA - FF03/Nahimic now up: [DRIVERS] Realtek HD Audio (HDA))

    FF00 can be used for ROG motherboards without Sonic Studio & FF03/Nahimic can be used for ROG motherboards with Sonic Studio I/II Suite
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #2272

    6.0.1.8656 HD Audio Driver is now available on GitHub with various options.

    Just a reminder:

    8656_FF00 Generic
    8656_FF01 with FMAPO (Fortemedia APO)
    8656_FF03 with Nahimic
    8656_FF04 with CXAPO (HP Conexant)
    8656_FF06 with MaxxAudio
    8656_FF10 with Creative
    8656_FF0C with DTS/SST
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #2273

    DooGie said: View Post
    I've been checking out build 8656 a lot today and it's personally not one of my favourites. To me the top end sounds very thin and tinny. Back to 8652 or 8648 for now.
    Interesting...I'm finding 8656 to have overall a lot more punch than 8652, including the top end-- I don't feel it's thin or tinny, just more pronounced which my ears actually prefer for the high end.

    So 8656 is a continued winner for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 327
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1803
       #2274

    Hey guys,

    So I found out that this driver on MUC contains a file HDXGigabyte.inf with my hardware-id in it.

    The driver is only 9.3mb, does this mean that it's a UAD driver?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #2275

    JohnnyGui said: View Post
    Hey guys,

    So I found out that this driver on MUC contains a file HDXGigabyte.inf with my hardware-id in it.

    The driver is only 9.3mb, does this mean that it's a UAD driver?
    Yep, it's UAD!

    Before attempting to install it, remember to completely uninstall your existing driver which I presume it's the legacy HDA one.
    @Cliff S has a great post on how to do that. Check it out
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 327
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1803
       #2276

    ddelo said: View Post
    Yep, it's UAD!

    Before attempting to install it, remember to completely uninstall your existing driver which I presume it's the legacy HDA one.
    @Cliff S has a great post on how to do that. Check it out
    Thanks for the info. I clean installed 1809 and then installed a previous UAD version from the manufacturer's website, which had a setup.exe file and the Realtek Audio Control app within it.

    So I uninstalled that driver and the Realtek Audio Control app normally through the Settings and rebooted. However, after installing the newer one from MUC, I restarted and tried installing the Realtek Audio Control app from the Store, but it keeps saying "Failed to Install".

    What to do?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    #2277

    JohnnyGui said: View Post
    Thanks for the info. I clean installed 1809 and then installed a previous UAD version from the manufacturer's website, which had a setup.exe file and the Realtek Audio Control app within it.

    So I uninstalled that driver and the Realtek Audio Control app normally through the Settings and rebooted. However, after installing the newer one from MUC, I restarted and tried installing the Realtek Audio Control app from the Store, but it keeps saying "Failed to Install".

    What to do?
    At 9.3mb I'd say it is not the FULL UAD Driver and is missing all the Dependencies, ( you will see another section in Device Manager with those). I had issues on a Laptop with that, but no longer have it to check, I would reinstall the latest UAD Driver from the manufacturer which will include ALL the Files needed again then use the MUC file to only "Update Drivers" via Device Manager WITHOUT uninstalling the previous driver.

    KB
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 327
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1803
       #2278

    Kbird said: View Post
    At 9.3mb I'd say it is not the FULL UAD Driver and is missing all the Dependencies, ( you will see another section in Device Manager with those). I had issues on a Laptop with that, but no longer have it to check, I would reinstall the latest UAD Driver from the manufacturer which will include ALL the Files needed again then use the MUC file to only "Update Drivers" via Device Manager WITHOUT uninstalling the previous driver.

    KB
    Doesn't MUC have a FULL version which contains updates for the dependencies? If not, do the other mentioned sources have this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,922
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2279

    Hmmmm?
    Interesting

    I've been runnig the unofficially installed Chromium Edge, and noticed the highs & mids on my favorite YouTube test songs were a little muffeled using 8648.

    Remembering how 8656 was good, just a little sishy on the highs, I reinstalled it and retried my songs on YouTube, and now they sound the same as 8648 using Chrome. Edge beta/canary version 75.0.111.0.

    So for people deciding on which drivers are best for them, it depends on what player you use mostly(although they usually come with their own EQ to make any minor adjustments), and now what browser for streaming.

    Remember I'm using UAD drivers & Nahimic with ROG Sonic Studio III, and YMMV.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #2280

    JohnnyGui said: View Post
    Doesn't MUC have a FULL version which contains updates for the dependencies? If not, do the other mentioned sources have this?
    From what I know , though I don't deal with UAD Drivers as my Desktop can't use them, the FULL UAD Driver is usually in the 30-40mb range due to the dependancies included. The Control panel always comes from the Windows Store or at least it is Updated from there once the Full Man. File is installed.

    MUC files from my experience when i had a Laptop were not the Full Driver, only those components that needed updating, which is why they often don't work when installed alone or without a Full. Man. package having been installed 1st.

    there is alot of info on Alan Fox's Github Site including this Pic on the Wiki showing the Dependancies in Device Manager (software components) and instructions on how to install , uninstall etc.

    Installation · alanfox2000/realtek-universal-audio-driver Wiki · GitHub

      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26.
Find Us