Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    #2101

    I own a MSI Ge 72 apache pro 2qf gaming notebook and need the latest audio driver, can someone provide me the link?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #2102

    Cliff S said: View Post
    UAD

    Right now the 8648 is really good on my system(PC with soundbar see my specs).
    It has a very balanced sound:
    • the highs are crisp but not too high and sloppy(no sishing on the high hats, just a nice crisp ts-ts-ts) ,
    • the lows are not muffled,
    • the sub bass has a solid thump,
    • and the mids are perfect.



    When I check the new drivers I never change any of my sound settings, but... Sonic Studio 3 usually gets updated too, so I'm pretty sure that affects sound quality too.

    Thanks Cliff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,486
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2103

    dezn said: View Post
    I own a MSI Ge 72 apache pro 2qf gaming notebook and need the latest audio driver, can someone provide me the link?
    For MSI I found this one: Realtek HD Audio (UAD) Drivers Version R2.8x (8627) WHQL

    Your laptop actually needs an MSI driver to work properly as those drivers are infused with any extras your laptop has:

    Sound by Dynaudio
    Exclusive Audio Boost technology
    Nahimic sound technology
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #2104

    @ddelo I personally would pick 8642 HDA.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 5,461
    Wndows 10 x64 Pro version19H1 18358
       #2105

    ddelo said: View Post
    A quick poll for the 2019 Realtek HD Audio drivers

    The one million dollar question to @Cliff S, @asturias7, @DooGie, @johngalt, @erpster4, @khanmein, @IntelliMoo, @Kbird, @CountMike and last but not least, my good friend @EdTittel and of course anyone else who wants to post his opinion.

    Realtek Audio driver is currently at version 6.0.1.8648

    Which is your favorite/best sounding one, in the 86xx series? (Please state if it's HDA or UAD)

    Running HDA build 8648, I'm finding this the best I've heard to date on my ancient system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #2106

    khanmein said: View Post
    @ddelo I personally would pick 8642 HDA.

    DooGie said: View Post
    Running HDA build 8648, I'm finding this the best I've heard to date on my ancient system.
    Thanks guys!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 1,722
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       #2107

    ddelo said: View Post
    A quick poll for the 2019 Realtek HD Audio drivers

    The one million dollar question to @Cliff S, @asturias7, @DooGie, @johngalt, @erpster4, @khanmein, @IntelliMoo, @Kbird, @CountMike and last but not least, my good friend @EdTittel and of course anyone else who wants to post his opinion.

    Realtek Audio driver is currently at version 6.0.1.8648

    Which is your favorite/best sounding one, in the 86xx series? (Please state if it's HDA or UAD)
    I'm still on 8644 HDA, as I just installed Windows 10 Skip Ahead build 18850 last night.

    I plan to listen carefully today to my current setup, then install 8648, so I will have a more definite answer by tomorrow at the latest.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,486
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2108

    ddelo said: View Post
    A quick poll for the 2019 Realtek HD Audio drivers

    The one million dollar question to @Cliff S, @asturias7, @DooGie, @johngalt, @erpster4, @khanmein, @IntelliMoo, @Kbird, @CountMike and last but not least, my good friend @EdTittel and of course anyone else who wants to post his opinion.

    Realtek Audio driver is currently at version 6.0.1.8648

    Which is your favorite/best sounding one, in the 86xx series? (Please state if it's HDA or UAD)
    In case you want to create a real Poll Thread Dimitri?
    Start a new thread and go to the bottom:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	226808
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    #2109

    Cliff S said: View Post
    In case you want to create a real Poll Thread Dimitri?
    Start a new thread and go to the bottom:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	226808
    Thanks a lot Cliff, but the intention was to get the opinion of people that do update regularly and post in this thread. Not an actual poll.... but now you did give me some ideas.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    #2110

    johngalt said: View Post
    I'm still on 8644 HDA, as I just installed Windows 10 Skip Ahead build 18850 last night.

    I plan to listen carefully today to my current setup, then install 8648, so I will have a more definite answer by tomorrow at the latest.
    Thank you John.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24.
Find Us