Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,128
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Insider Preview (Skip Ahead) latest build
       #2041

    I have 8633 running well, and would like to continue with working with my Android devices on some projects, so I'll probably hold off on installing 8642 over 8633 for now.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #2042

    Am i the only one that find windows default high definition audio device instead realtek sound much better the latest one is 10.0.17763.1 date 9/14/2018 blows any realtek ive heard.I thing as long as you dont care for enhancement of stuff like nahimic,sound blaster or 7.1.The stereo of windows default is better than realtek.
      My Computer

  3. Hemimax's Avatar
    Posts : 1,758
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #2043

    This new driver is just too dang loud!
      My Computers

  4. asturias7's Avatar
    Posts : 589
    Windows 10 64-bit
       #2044

    Cliff S said:
    Got it, thanks.
    And the bass thumps again!

    Indeed it does.
    If anything, with my setup, 8642 = 8633... which is a good thing.
      My Computer

  5. emilcioran99's Avatar
    Posts : 170
    3 x Win10 Pro x 64
       #2045

    Cliff S said:
    Got it, thanks.
    And the bass thumps again!
    Saw that you have an Asus system with Nahimic and Sonic studio 3 installed.
    I have an Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GE laptop with Intel SST and I have a problem with Sonic studio.

    If I install any Realtek (older or newer) driver from MS Catalog (now I'm on 8549), the Sonic program works ok without problems.
    But... if I install any Realtek driver version (8633, 8639, 8642) from Necacom or the Github (even is the generic one or the Intell SST one), the Sonic didn't work. It gives me an error that didn't found the Reatek driver installed.
    To make Sonic working againwith the new driver posted here, must uninstall driver, clean the registry with CCleaner, install the driver from MS and next must install the newer driver (ex. 8642) manually from Device manager/Browse my computer from driver software.

    Did you had this problem?
    Thanks.
      My Computer

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,316
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #2046

    emilcioran99 said:
    Saw that you have an Asus system with Nahimic and Sonic studio 3 installed.
    I have an Asus ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GE laptop with Intel SST and I have a problem with Sonic studio.

    If I install any Realtek (older or newer) driver from MS Catalog (now I'm on 8549), the Sonic program works ok without problems.
    But... if I install any Realtek driver version (8633, 8639, 8642) from Necacom or the Github (even is the generic one or the Intell SST one), the Sonic didn't work. It gives me an error that didn't found the Reatek driver installed.
    To make Sonic working againwith the new driver posted here, must uninstall driver, clean the registry with CCleaner, install the driver from MS and next must install the newer driver (ex. 8642) manually from Device manager/Browse my computer from driver software.

    Did you had this problem?
    Thanks.
    For ROG's Sonic Studio 3 to work, you only have 3 choices for driver

    1. Get the ones for your motherboard/laptop on it's Drivers and Tools page, and wait for them to get updated(don't hold your breath though)

    2. Get them here: Asus

    3. Best choice(I use tis one) at this thread at ROG forum the first post as they have the most current drivers that have ROG support infused: [DRIVERS] Realtek HD Audio (UAD)

    Don't use the top Stand alone, instead use the one in the section
    Realtek HD Audio Drivers with Realtek Audio Control
    +
    Sonic Studio III with Sonic Studio Link & Sonic Radar III
    Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version-image.png
    Oh and after updating it's good to open store app and check for updates immediately after reboot(prevents UWP app freezing).
      My Computers


  7. cocori002's Avatar
    Posts : 11
    winows
       #2047

    Anyone knows why the last drivers don't work with my x370 gaming 5? I intalled the [6.0.1.8597] from the gigabyte site but didn't work... and the last one from here [6.0.1.8619] but didn't work too.

    That motherboard have dual ALC 1220.
      My Computer

  8. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 16,727
    W10 Insider + Linux
       #2048

    cocori002 said:
    Anyone knows why the last drivers don't work with my x370 gaming 5? I intalled the [6.0.1.8597] from the gigabyte site but didn't work... and the last one from here [6.0.1.8619] but didn't work too.

    That motherboard have dual ALC 1220.
    Have you tried using DDU Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.0.9 to uninstall all previous drivers ?
      My Computers

  9. cocori002's Avatar
    Posts : 11
    winows
       #2049

    CountMike said:
    Have you tried using DDU Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.0.9 to uninstall all previous drivers ?
    Nope, I'm trying with it!
      My Computer

  10. cocori002's Avatar
    Posts : 11
    winows
       #2050

    The same... not working.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums