Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [3]

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
  1. Melchior's Avatar
    Posts : 493
    Windows 11 Pro (x64)(v21H2)(Build 22000.434)
       #371

    I downloaded the v6.0.9272.1 above and components too...
    Installed on my DELL Ryzen edition G15 5515 gaming laptop, no issues so far...
    My laptop required the A-Volute APO 4 drivers not the v3 ones just above so I had to search the Microsoft update catalog
    for them, found and installed no issues.. thankfully..


    I use MoKiChU's ASUS Realtek UAD drivers for my desktop PC..
      My Computers

  2. Quexos's Avatar
    Posts : 167
    WIN10 LTSC, Linux
       #372

    IntelliMoo said:
    Simply put, the software components make the sound enhancements possible for the UAD driver. The driver itself would probably work alone, but then there would be no equalizer, loudness control, etc.
    How do you get the "Software" part installed. The driver goes in fine for me, but there is no audio related "software" entry in my Device manager. Right clicking and "installing" completes successfully, but doesn't do/add anything, just caches the driver in "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository".

    I'm sure this has been covered, but I can not find it, and I have no effects at all. If it's been covered (Sandyt's tutorial just says "install it" but there's nothing to install it to?), just point me there? EQ, and Loudness EQ would be really nice.

    Asrock B450 Gaming K4 with ALC892 that supports Creative Sound Blaster Cinema 5, but I DO NOT want that part installed.
    Device = HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18499893&REV_1003
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [3]-devmngr-audio.jpg  
      My Computer

  3. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,394
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #373

    Check your Device Manager under "Software Components"

    Depending on your configuration, in there you should see:
    1. Realtek Audio Effects Component
    2. Realtek Audio Universal Service
    3. Realtek Hardware Support Application
    4. Realtek Asio Component

    These are the Software Components installed for Audio!

    Click on each one of them and update them by pointing at the folder where you have expanded the Software Components cab from Microsoft Update Catalog.
      My Computer

  4. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,394
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #374

    Quexos said:
    How do you get the "Software" part installed. The driver goes in fine for me, but there is no audio related "software" entry in my Device manager. Right clicking and "installing" completes successfully, but doesn't do/add anything, just caches the driver in "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository".

    I'm sure this has been covered, but I can not find it, and I have no effects at all. If it's been covered (Sandyt's tutorial just says "install it" but there's nothing to install it to?), just point me there? EQ, and Loudness EQ would be really nice.

    Asrock B450 Gaming K4 with ALC892 that supports Creative Sound Blaster Cinema 5, but I DO NOT want that part installed.
    Device = HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18499893&REV_1003
    You seem to have a legacy HDA driver and not a DCH/UAD one! So there are no Software Components installed separately as they are included in the base driver!!


    Update: You also have a "High Definition Audio Device" installed!!!! That's the Microsoft default Audio driver!
    Something is wrong here!

    How did you install your driver in the first place? From the ASrock support site, or from another source?
      My Computer

  5. Quexos's Avatar
    Posts : 167
    WIN10 LTSC, Linux
       #375

    ddelo said:
    You seem to have a legacy HDA driver and not a DCH/UAD one! Update: You also have a "High Definition Audio Device" installed!!!!
    It is the UAD 9272 posted here a page or two back. Maybe I have to install the OEM one from Asrock FIRST, then update? I hate to do that because that installs Creative nonsense, but will give it a try if I must.

    The other disabled High Definition Audio Device is just the HDMI thing in my graphics card, disregard that.

    EDIT: Installed OEM 8619 from Asrock. That has added "Software Components":
    Creative Audio Effects Component (Nooooooooo!)
    Realtek Audio Effects Component
    Realtek Audio Universal Service
    Realtek Hardware Support Application
    Sound Blaster Connect (Nooooooooo!)

    ...but outside of the device manager, I still have no effects, no Creative app to launch, just the most basic driver stuff, same as before.

    Followed that by using the device manager to update the driver and all the software components to UAD 6.0.9272.1 and Software 11.0.6000.989, which was successful, but still no effects. I guess it's all for nothing unless I install the Creative app to "activate" it. Not gonna happen! Thanks anyway. Back to good old HDA.
    Last edited by Quexos; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:08.
      My Computer

  6. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,394
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #376

    Quexos said:
    It is the UAD 9272 posted here a page or two back. Maybe I have to install the OEM one from Asrock FIRST, then update? I hate to do that because that installs Creative nonsense, but will give it a try if I must.

    The other disabled High Definition Audio Device is just the HDMI thing in my graphics card, disregard that.

    To clean up the mess I would suggest to follow this link and completely uninstall your audio driver.
    After rebooting, either wait for Microsoft update to update the audio driver, or use the driver provided by ASRock first and then update to the latest one.
      My Computer

  7. Quexos's Avatar
    Posts : 167
    WIN10 LTSC, Linux
       #377

    ddelo said:
    To clean up the mess...
    There's no mess, it was already cleanly uninstalled HDA, then reinstalled UAD. It just doesn't do anything without the Creative Soundblaster app update from the MS Store I guess. I am not doing that, I prefer the old HDA driver/app that works much better. I was just trying to see if I could get the driver and basic effects, without installing 27 third party apps. Guess not!

    Thanks anyway though.

    I usually just use that much superior Focusrite 2i4 anyway, and the Realtek if I were to want a convenient headset with mic input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [3]-9272.jpg  
    Last edited by Quexos; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:31.
      My Computer

  8. Melchior's Avatar
    Posts : 493
    Windows 11 Pro (x64)(v21H2)(Build 22000.434)
       #378

    MoKiChU, has just posted new ASUS Realtek UAD audio driver packs

    v6.0.9285.1 WHQL [12/22/2021]

    [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)
      My Computers

  9. IntelliMoo's Avatar
    Posts : 204
    Windows 10 Home (NO to 11 until 2026 or so... maybe)
       #379

    Melchior said:
    MoKiChU, has just posted new ASUS Realtek UAD audio driver packs
    v6.0.9285.1 WHQL [12/22/2021]
    [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)
    Thanks! (For just the latest generic components in there I can use on my ASRock)
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1
    Win 10 x64
       #380

    Hi,
    I am new to the forums and would like to thank everyone here for the support and information. Tenforums is always my first way if I have any questions :)

    I was just wondering what the latest driver for me would be? I have a Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV with a Realtek ALC887 HDA chip. Main problem I had is that I always installed the R2.81 driver since in R2.82 the Realtek Control Panel was missing. I had it updated via a file I downloaded here to 6.0.9071.1 I guess, but that file is not available anymore. Right now I am running R2.8x 6.0.9235.1 including the control panel, bit I am missing the equalizer settings (sound effect, room corrections etc.) Any suggestions?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:54.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums