Bluetooth problems since latest update


  1. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Home
       #1

    Bluetooth problems since latest update


    I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update.
    Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home

    Has anybody else come across this problem?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 35,557
    Win 10 Pro (21H2) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #2

    Hi, although the forum prompted you to specify your build number, it doesn't seem to be stated. I have no idea what the 'latest update' is for you. People run various different major builds of Windows and may receive different updates and feature updates at different times. Then some run Insider builds.

    There is a thread per build and per update per build in the News Section.

    There is a reported specific issue with Bluetooth with respect to the 2004 build which you can see here:
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #3

    dalchina said:
    Hi, although the forum prompted you to specify your build number, it doesn't seem to be stated. I have no idea what the 'latest update' is for you. People run various different major builds of Windows and may receive different updates and feature updates at different times. Then some run Insider builds.

    There is a thread per build and per update per build in the News Section.

    There is a reported specific issue with Bluetooth with respect to the 2004 build which you can see here:
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004
    Thanks, I will have a look at the link in your reply & see if It helps me. Must admit to not being very good with computers
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 35,557
    Win 10 Pro (21H2) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #4

    You can find your Windows build thus:
    win key + r, winver

    or
    Settings, About

    Latest update: in Update History in Settings.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #5

    dalchina said:
    You can find your Windows build thus:
    win key + r, winver

    or
    Settings, About

    Latest update: in Update History in Settings.
    I have found this
    Windows Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0
    OS Build 19041.329
    Version 2004
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 35,557
    Win 10 Pro (21H2) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #6

    Ok, and from your Update History which is the update that led to the problem?

    (Check driver updates as well as your Windows Update History, in particular your bluetooth driver- when was that updated?)

    As the last Windows update was presumably this one
    KB4557957 Cumulative Update Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.329 - June 9

    there's just one reference to Bluetooth there, asking when it will be fixed to which the reply is 'patience'.

    I should therefore ask if you started experiencing this problem as soon as you did the big upgrade to build 2004, and to confirm you were in fact running Win 10 before that with no problems.

    See:
    https://news.softpedia.com/news/diss...g-529440.shtml
    - illustrating changes made

    List of problems, including Bluetooth:
    And It Begins... All the Windows 10 Version 2004 Known Issues [List]

    - leaving the question as to whether what you are experiencing is because you upgraded to build 2004.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #7

    dalchina said:
    Ok, and from your Update History which is the update that led to the problem?

    (Check driver updates as well as your Windows Update History, in particular your bluetooth driver- when was that updated?)

    As the last Windows update was presumably this one
    KB4557957 Cumulative Update Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.329 - June 9

    there's just one reference to Bluetooth there, asking when it will be fixed to which the reply is 'patience'.

    I should therefore ask if you started experiencing this problem as soon as you did the big upgrade to build 2004, and to confirm you were in fact running Win 10 before that with no problems.

    See:
    https://news.softpedia.com/news/diss...g-529440.shtml
    - illustrating changes made

    List of problems, including Bluetooth:
    And It Begins... All the Windows 10 Version 2004 Known Issues [List]

    - leaving the question as to whether what you are experiencing is because you upgraded to build 2004.
    The problem started with Windows 10 version 2004 installed on 10/06/2020.The Bluetooth driver(Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers) I seem to have to use "Update driver" each time I want to use the headphones
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 35,557
    Win 10 Pro (21H2) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #8

    In your opinion, does your problem relate to the Bluetooth issues listed in what I have posted on which you've made no comment?

    You do have the option of rolling back to the previous build within 10 days of having upgraded.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #9

    dalchina said:
    In your opinion, does your problem relate to the Bluetooth issues listed in what I have posted on which you've made no comment?

    You do have the option of rolling back to the previous build within 10 days of having upgraded.
    I think the easiest thing to do is to roll back to the previous build,saves a lot of time & confusion plus frustration.
    Thank you for your help/advice on this I do appreciate it
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 35,557
    Win 10 Pro (21H2) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #10

      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums