I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset


  1. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
       #1

    I cannnot change the volume on the Bose 3 headset


    So basically whats happening is I can see the slider, and I can change the volume with the buttons on my laptop. But the volume doesnt actually change. Not sure whats happening, thanks! (Windows 10)
      My Computer

  2. oscer1's Avatar
    Posts : 264
    win 10
       #2

    Hi can you remove the headset and use the speakers? do the speakers change volume? have you tried the headset on another device to see if they work on it?
      My Computer

  3. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 8,259
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint, Win7 Pro
       #3

    Most Notebooks/Laptops have a key combination of Fn plus another key with the same color marking as the Fn that is a hardware control, might have to check the manual for your unmentioned device. Some devices advertised as multi-media capable can have another control set of buttons. Then there is the controls in the Operating System that can be adjusted so there's at least a dual function for the adjusting.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #4

    oscer1 said:
    Hi can you remove the headset and use the speakers? do the speakers change volume? have you tried the headset on another device to see if they work on it?
    When I take them off I can change the volume, but when they are connected I cant change it.
      My Computer

  5. oscer1's Avatar
    Posts : 264
    win 10
       #5

    Try on another device your headset
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #6

    oscer1 said:
    Try on another device your headset
    It works on my other devices, I used my iPhone to test.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Berton said:
    Most Notebooks/Laptops have a key combination of Fn plus another key with the same color marking as the Fn that is a hardware control, might have to check the manual for your unmentioned device. Some devices advertised as multi-media capable can have another control set of buttons. Then there is the controls in the Operating System that can be adjusted so there's at least a dual function for the adjusting.
    The FN keys have no effect on the volume either, also I should add when I disconnect them the volume works, and when I connect them to another device It works their too.
      My Computer


  7. oscer1's Avatar
    Posts : 264
    win 10
       #7

    Maybe the laptop jack is faulty
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #8

    oscer1 said:
    Maybe the laptop jack is faulty
    That might be the case if it wasnt wireless, I do have a suspicion that the jack is faulty because my audio on my other headsets with werent wireless didnt use to work either, but then I switched and It was all good until a few days ago.
      My Computer

  9. oscer1's Avatar
    Posts : 264
    win 10
       #9

    Konap said:
    That might be the case if it wasnt wireless, I do have a suspicion that the jack is faulty because my audio on my other headsets with werent wireless didnt use to work either, but then I switched and It was all good until a few days ago.
    I did bot realize they where wireless as you said earlier when I disconnect them volume works. meaning you stopped wireless headphones from laptop. so wireless your plugging in a transmitter in the laptop?

    - - - Updated - - -

    make sure the headphones are set as the default playback device.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #10

    I will switch the headset to default, and I turn off the headset by holding down a button on it.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums