Intel Audio Service Errors Solved

  1. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 4,133
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #1

    Intel Audio Service Errors


    I have a new HP Probook laptop and keep getting an error in Reliability Manager that the Intel audio service has stopped (see below). Any ideas why?
    Intel Audio Service Errors-image.png
    I have two audio controllers in Device Manger. What does the Intel one do as the PC is configured to use the Realtek audio?
    Intel Audio Service Errors-image.png
    Last edited by Steve C; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:41.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 532
    Windows 10
       #2

    the intel display audio is the driver for the controller outputting audio in hdmi display cable , and usually it is hidden in device manager until you plug an audio capable hdmi device then it shows .

    if it is actually showing without an hdmi device being connected then the driver is corrupted and require re-installation .

    however if you have an audio capable hdmi device connected then it is normal for it to show in device manager .

    now 99% of the time the glitches you get from that is a result of conflicts between the normal audio driver and it and usually an update to either fixes it .

    if you are on latest hp drivers for both then i suggest you search for updates on intel and realtek websites until hp update theirs to fix the conflict .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 4,133
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    nIGHTmAYOR said: View Post
    the intel display audio is the driver for the controller outputting audio in hdmi display cable , and usually it is hidden in device manager until you plug an audio capable hdmi device then it shows .

    if it is actually showing without an hdmi device being connected then the driver is corrupted and require re-installation .

    however if you have an audio capable hdmi device connected then it is normal for it to show in device manager .

    now 99% of the time the glitches you get from that is a result of conflicts between the normal audio driver and it and usually an update to either fixes it .

    if you are on latest hp drivers for both then i suggest you search for updates on intel and realtek websites until hp update theirs to fix the conflict .
    I have the latest drivers from HP's web site. The Intel audio driver is bundled with the graphics driver and doesn't appear to be available separately.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 532
    Windows 10
       #4

    Steve C said: View Post
    I have the latest drivers from HP's web site. The Intel audio driver is bundled with the graphics driver and doesn't appear to be available separately.
    yes which means you update the graphics driver by an intel generic (they are usually a couple of versions ahead of manufacturer's) if you can find one or even downgrade if you cant .
    also do not neglect that an upgrade or a downgrade to realtek driver might fix this too .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 4,133
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    nIGHTmAYOR said: View Post
    yes which means you update the graphics driver by an intel generic (they are usually a couple of versions ahead of manufacturer's) if you can find one or even downgrade if you cant .
    also do not neglect that an upgrade or a downgrade to realtek driver might fix this too .
    I didn't find a newer Intel driver using their driver tool nor using HP Assist
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 532
    Windows 10
       #6

    Steve C said: View Post
    I didn't find a newer Intel driver using their driver tool nor using HP Assist
    oh speaking of things intel drivers installed by manufacturer might sometimes deny intel from updating to generic drivers so you might need to :

    1 - know the version of your intel gpu which is the version number of your cpu

    2 - search by it on intel's download center website , if driver version number or release date show higher version than what you have (in device manager under display adapter where you need to pick the intel display driver and check its version number)

    3 - download the appropriate setup (64bit/32bit)

    4 - uninstall the manufacturer's one and make sure you tick to delete the driver from drivers store as it tends to re-install itself minutes after

    5 - install the one you downloaded from intel , oh and to ease it up on yourself do unplug from the internet during as microsoft has its habit of fighting over and try to install whatever random older wddm driver from its online catalog while you are at it so you end up with theirs not yours .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 4,133
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    I fixed this issue by changing the service from automatic to manual.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I am currently having sound issues basically, my sound doesn't work no matter what I do my sound services are running, have speakers, my icon looks fine, my computer volume is up, and my speaker volume is up :(
Many service control Manager serious errors in Performance & Maintenance
My windows 10 home 1803 has been sluggish in responding lately and the event viewer shows several red exclamation errors. The source of almost all is the "service control Manager", The Downloaded Maps Manager service hung on starting. The...
Hi, So here's my audio setup. I have a GTX970 which is connected via HDMI 2.0 to my Vizio M70-C3 tv. My Vizio 5.1 Soundbar is connected via the included HDMI cable from the soundbar to the ARC hdmi port on the TV. What is happening is that...
As we all know, "No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished." This forum's power user (and maestro) fdegrove just helped me with one problem, but maybe we've kicked over a rock and there are creepy crawlies underneath. Maybe an onion of issues - a plethora...
You are about too read a bad english. and i am really sorry about it i am not native english speaker Just installed window 10 th2 and few other software didn't upgrade it just did a clean install of it but service control manger errors never...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33.
Find Us