Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
  1.    #191

    when you install generic hda version, does the realtek hd audio manager show your oem info? my mainboard is from gigabyte so it shows gigabyte over it. given its generic i thought it shouldnt have any branding?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #192

    hehe said: View Post
    when you install generic hda version, does the realtek hd audio manager show your oem info? my mainboard is from gigabyte so it shows gigabyte over it. given its generic i thought it shouldnt have any branding?

    My wife has an HP laptop and it doesn't have the brand on the Audio Manager. But, it's normal to see the OEM brand on other systems. So, no worries.

    Btw, 6.0.8750.1 installs on my wife's laptop which has Win7 even though it's supposed to be for Win10 RS4...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,014
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Insider Preview (Skip Ahead) latest build
       #193

    DooGie said: View Post
    @johngalt there is another source on the GitHub maintained by a guy called pal1000. He repackages the Realtek UAD drivers so they can be installed on a non UAD compatible system. I've been trying these out for a couple of months now with great success.

    Releases . pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic . GitHub
    Ha! Let me see what he has available then. Thanks!

    hehe said: View Post
    when you install generic hda version, does the realtek hd audio manager show your oem info? my mainboard is from gigabyte so it shows gigabyte over it. given its generic i thought it shouldnt have any branding?
    The branding comes from other OEM stuff on your computer - e.g. my system is a homebrewed one, using an eVGA X58 Classified 3 mobo - and there is no branding on it at all.

    asturias7 said: View Post
    My wife has an HP laptop and it doesn't have the brand on the Audio Manager. But, it's normal to see the OEM brand on other systems. So, no worries.

    Btw, 6.0.8750.1 installs on my wife's laptop which has Win7 even though it's supposed to be for Win10 RS4...
    Yeah, It's not always impossible to install drivers made for newer OSs on older OSs. And vice versa. I used to maintain a repository of Motorola USB (for mobiles) drivers for Windows 7, and I would extract the .CAB files and repackage them into a .ZIP so Win8x users could also use them, since the setup.exe used for Win7 refused to work on Win8x computers, even with compatibility set.

    I assume that you simply installed the drivers via the setup.exe on Win7? Or did you have to go through a few hoops to get them installed?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,014
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Insider Preview (Skip Ahead) latest build
       #194

    DooGie said: View Post
    @johngalt there is another source on the GitHub maintained by a guy called pal1000. He repackages the Realtek UAD drivers so they can be installed on a non UAD compatible system. I've been trying these out for a couple of months now with great success.

    Releases . pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic . GitHub
    One more thing - is this still a UAD driver, that works with the Microsoft Store version of the RealTek Audio Console?

    And do you have to install his version every time, or once it is installed can you just update from the M$ catalog?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 6,425
    Wndows 10 x64 Pro version19H2 18362.10015
       #195

    johngalt said: View Post
    One more thing - is this still a UAD driver, that works with the Microsoft Store version of the RealTek Audio Console?

    And do you have to install his version every time, or once it is installed can you just update from the M$ catalog?

    Yes it works Microsoft Store version of the RealTek Audio Console. After installing the driver you just have to go to the MS Store and check for updates and it should download it automatically.

    Yes you have to install his version every time if you don't have a UAD compatible system. You can always revert to the generic HDA version though.

    If you try it out and run into any installation problems just give me a shout.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #196

    johngalt said: View Post
    Yeah, It's not always impossible to install drivers made for newer OSs on older OSs. And vice versa. I used to maintain a repository of Motorola USB (for mobiles) drivers for Windows 7, and I would extract the .CAB files and repackage them into a .ZIP so Win8x users could also use them, since the setup.exe used for Win7 refused to work on Win8x computers, even with compatibility set.
    I assume that you simply installed the drivers via the setup.exe on Win7? Or did you have to go through a few hoops to get them installed?

    Tbh, my wife simply updated via Device Manager and it installed without any problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,014
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Insider Preview (Skip Ahead) latest build
       #197

    Odd. Must have made it available for everyone then.

    Maybe that will be a good point to base future tests on - regular releases that aren't pushed to either the Microsoft Update Catalog, or Windows Update, may be just beta builds that aren't meant for general consumption in the first place.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,014
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Insider Preview (Skip Ahead) latest build
       #198

    DooGie said: View Post
    Yes it works Microsoft Store version of the RealTek Audio Console. After installing the driver you just have to go to the MS Store and check for updates and it should download it automatically.

    Yes you have to install his version every time if you don't have a UAD compatible system. You can always revert to the generic HDA version though.

    If you try it out and run into any installation problems just give me a shout.
    Oh, this is going to be fun.

    I already like the regular HDA 8750. Now to compare it to the Generic UAD version.

    Tomorrow. lol.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    #199

    johngalt said: View Post
    Ha! Let me see what he has available then. Thanks!
    The branding comes from other OEM stuff on your computer - e.g. my system is a homebrewed one, using an eVGA X58 Classified 3 mobo - and there is no branding on it at all.
    Homebrewed? you mean custom build? that is exactly what i have...anyway ive searched if evga has custom realtek manager launcher and it dosent so thats why it dosent show for you....mine looks like https://www.tenforums.com/attachment...t-usb3-r2-.png

    i ask again why does uad driver has worse sound than hda? shouldnt they be the same? i get less bass, i installed driver+audio console from microsoft store

    isnt it recommended to still use hda even if youre on w10? nvidia also has microsoft store driver now and its not the same as regular driver
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,014
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Insider Preview (Skip Ahead) latest build
       #200

    Homebrewed - yes, I built it myself, as I have all my machines for decades now (of course, I also use them for decades, so it's not that many machines). Yeah, that's why I mentioned my eVGA mobo - there was no custom branding on their stuff, when installing drivers, even with their GPUs - only custom branding was on their own software, like the E-LEEt software, the Precision OC / X1 / PrecisionX software, etc.

    On this machine i haven't, yet, been able to use the UAD driver - until now, when @DooGie pointed me to a repackaged UAD driver. Since 8750 HDA sounds fantastic, I plan to, today, test the difference between the HDA 8750 and the repackaged UAD 8750 and see if there is a difference.

    As for what is recommended - I've said this a few times already, but it bears repeating. These audio drivers produce different sounds for different people, and different people have different criteria for what they want to hear. For example, some people like the strong bass in certain drivers, while others have said that the very same drivers are too bass heavy. Me, personally, I like clarity and richness of sound first and foremost. I listen to a variety of genres of music, including a lot of things under the umbrella of Rock and under the umbrella of Electronica. I like listening to music at moderate to high volumes. So, clarity is a key - I hate when music gets distorted at low volumes, even if it is a live performance recorded on a crappy cell phone. And I rarely ever listen to music without EQ adjustments (my former settings that I always got mad at because they would get erased upon a new driver install I've now retired - RealTek's Powerful OOB setting is pretty close to how I was setting my own, and it makes life a lot easier when testing drivers instead of taking the time to set the EQ exactly each time, where human error may cause me to slip on a particular freq and thus make a certain driver sound better / worse than it actually does).

    But, in the end, it's your call. If you like the HDA over the UAD, use it. None of us is going to get mad at you for doing so, I can promise you that
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs :arrow: Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page Latest info now here - Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
Latest Realtek HD audio driver R2.82 in Drivers and Hardware
Just noticed that the latest Realtek HD Audio driver R2.82 which seems to be included with the 1903 Windows 10 release preview removes the option to re-assign jacks (rear and front) to different sources such as front output. A bit annoying if you...
Clean up of main thread - Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Forums
Archive of old posts from Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Forums
I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located herehttps://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:26.
Find Us