Windows 10 Not Playing System Sounds. All Other Sounds Are Okay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 49
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #11

    Hey, everybody. I solved it. After a long time of researching, I finally got my system sounds to start playing, again.

    All I did was open up Regedit and click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key.

    Windows 10 Not Playing System Sounds. All Other Sounds Are Okay.-regeditfix.png

    To the right you should see a String Value named (Default). In order for system sounds to play, the Data section should be labeled (value not set). If it doesn't say that in the Data section, delete the String Value. It will create a new (Default) String Value with its Data section labeled (value not set). Then, your system sounds will work, again. My (Default) String Value was labeled 0000000E9C2B9516768068941CF36140DA9F47D6, so I deleted my (Default) String Value and now my system sounds are working again. Regedit also automatically created a new (Default) String Value with its Data section labeled (value not set). I hope that this fix works for you as well if you are having the same problem as mine.
      My Computer

  2. EyeInTheSky's Avatar
    Posts : 719
    Windows 10 Home x64 - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985)
       #12

    That for sure is an interesting fix and glad you found it in your research.

    I'm a bit taken aback as you have string values in your "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" without having the branch expanded.

    As you can see, I don't have any string values other than "default" when a main branch is highlighted:

    Windows 10 Not Playing System Sounds. All Other Sounds Are Okay.-registry1.jpg


    Windows 10 Not Playing System Sounds. All Other Sounds Are Okay.-registry2.jpg


    Windows 10 Not Playing System Sounds. All Other Sounds Are Okay.-registry3.jpg


    Windows 10 Not Playing System Sounds. All Other Sounds Are Okay.-registry4.jpg


    Windows 10 Not Playing System Sounds. All Other Sounds Are Okay.-registry5.jpg


    So in concluding, I wonder why you have additional string values in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" when that branch is highlighted - is that how many users you have on that computer?

    Something was definitely having fun in your registry and I wonder if those additional string values have something to do with it?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1
    Windows10
       #13

    WareNetwork2000 said:
    Hey, everybody. I solved it. After a long time of researching, I finally got my system sounds to start playing, again.

    All I did was open up Regedit and click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key.

    Windows 10 Not Playing System Sounds. All Other Sounds Are Okay.-regeditfix.png

    To the right you should see a String Value named (Default). In order for system sounds to play, the Data section should be labeled (value not set). If it doesn't say that in the Data section, delete the String Value. It will create a new (Default) String Value with its Data section labeled (value not set). Then, your system sounds will work, again. My (Default) String Value was labeled 0000000E9C2B9516768068941CF36140DA9F47D6, so I deleted my (Default) String Value and now my system sounds are working again. Regedit also automatically created a new (Default) String Value with its Data section labeled (value not set). I hope that this fix works for you as well if you are having the same problem as mine.
    i made an account here to thank WareNetwork2000 for helping. This fixed my issue :) kudos
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 49
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #14

    ShadowEyes said:
    i made an account here to thank WareNetwork2000 for helping. This fixed my issue :) kudos
    You're welcome.
      My Computer

  5. hello10's Avatar
    Posts : 204
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #15

    WareNetwork2000 said:
    Hey, everybody. I solved it. After a long time of researching, I finally got my system sounds to start playing, again.
    All I did was open up Regedit and click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key....

    ... I hope that this fix works for you as well if you are having the same problem as mine.
    Thank you for the information. It saved me from a lot of wasted time and efforts.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 49
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #16

    hello10 said:
    Thank you for the information. It saved me from a lot of wasted time and efforts.
    You're welcome.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Home
       #17

    Thanks alot WareNetwork2000, that was one of the strangest things I've experienced in Windows 10 in a very long time
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 49
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Morten79 said:
    Thanks alot WareNetwork2000, that was one of the strangest things I've experienced in Windows 10 in a very long time
    You're welcome.
      My Computer

  9. Infiniter's Avatar
    Posts : 1
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 1909
       #19

    Hm, I also fixed it by WareNetwork2000's solution.

    I'm here on Windows 10 Pro...

    Thank you !

    BTW, I have some song names or parts of them showing in the registry, what the... ? :)





    Maybe just some Winamp bug.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums