Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1
    Windows
       #401

    ็็็How to determine modern UAD Stereo Mix (Realtek (R) Audio)?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,518
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #402

    bhorndeb1234 said:
    ็็็How to determine modern UAD Stereo Mix (Realtek (R) Audio)?
    you cannot, bhorndeb1234
    whoops - I stand corrected. look at the attached picture (in this pic, the "stereo mix" option on the Recording tab of the old Sound control panel is disabled by default)

    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-soundscontrolpanel-stereomix-off.png

    that is up to the PC manufacturers & motherboard makers to tell Realtek to implement the stereo mix option in their machines; most of them won't do it

    stereo mix is hardly or seldomly used on the Realtek audio drivers lately (unless using certain ALC8xx audio chipsets like ALC888 or ALC892; I'm not sure about ALC1150, ALC1200 & ALC1220 but definitely NOT available on ALC2xx devices like ALC269)
    Last edited by erpster4; 08 Oct 2020 at 16:17.
      My Computers

  3. Bambacha's Avatar
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Education x64
       #403

    I'm also curious of what driver I should use for my audio card. Up until now I've used the FF00 generic ones but my chipset (ALC3248) is never mentioned on any realtek driver, be it a generic one or otherwise. I've also missed some functionality using the generic ones instead of the OEM ones, but the OEM ones stopped updating 2-3 years ago. The script log outputs the following:

    Audio device Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0235&SUBSYS_17AA3827&REV_1000
    Realtek Audio CODEC : ALC235

    The Audio device is controlled by Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.8924.1 (HDA) with No Integration (Generic)
    Proposed HDA driver : FF00
    INF needed for installation: hdxrt4.inf


    Even the FF00 does not state ALC3248 as a supported chipset and it instead installs the ALC235 ones as shown above. Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.

    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-alc.png
    Last edited by Bambacha; 12 Oct 2020 at 13:25.
      My Computers

  4. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,396
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #404

    Bambacha said:
    I'm also curious of what driver I should use for my audio card. Up until now I've used the FF00 generic ones but my chipset (ALC3248) is never mentioned on any realtek driver, be it a generic one or otherwise. I've also missed some functionality using the generic ones instead of the OEM ones, but the OEM ones stopped updating 2-3 years ago. The script log outputs the following:

    Audio device Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0235&SUBSYS_17AA3827&REV_1000
    Realtek Audio CODEC : ALC235

    The Audio device is controlled by Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.8924.1 (HDA) with No Integration (Generic)
    Proposed HDA driver : FF00
    INF needed for installation: hdxrt4.inf


    Even the FF00 does not state ALC3248 as a supported chipset and it instead installs the ALC235 ones as shown above. Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.

    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-alc.png

    Hi and welcome to TenForums.

    I really don't have an answer to your question, why the ALC2348 is not mentioned as is, but as ALC235.
    Maybe you want to try the most recent driver from MUC 6.0.8978.1 for ALC235, to see if it gives you the features you're missing. My guess would be not....but it might be worth trying.
    If that's again the case and if you really need the missing functionality, then it seems that you don't have any other alternative than staying with the "old" Lenovo provided drivers.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,518
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #405

    I have good news & bad news about v6.0.9000.1 HDA FF00 generic I recently saw from MUC

    good news - 9000.1 HDA FF00 generic is available and is WHQL for both Win7 & Win10

    bad news - 9000.1 HDA FF00 is 32bit (x86) only (aww bummer ) - can not use this one obviously cuz many of my PCs use 64bit (x64) Windows OSes

    I can, however, install 9000.1 HDA FF00 x86 generic on my cousin's old HP laptop which does run a 32bit/x86 Windows OS

    seems like Realtek only gave MS the 32bit version of 9000.1 FF00 and not the 64bit version of it

    so latest 64bit HDA generic version on MUC is still 8978 (but for 32bit, it's now 9000)
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 1,518
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #406

    yay! a new generic HDA FF00 x64/64bit driver - v6.0.9018.1 available from Station Drivers

    edit 10/17 - Mokichu also has generic 9018 HDA FF00 x64 as well though he had it a few days earlier than the Station driver site
    Last edited by erpster4; 17 Oct 2020 at 15:05.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 2
    W10
       #407

    Realtek Audio Driver Integration log information

    Device HWID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_17AA3801&REV_1000
    Audio CODEC: ALC282

    Realtek Driver Version: 6.0.1.8186 (HDA)
    Proposed HDA driver : LENOVO specific - Multiple Integrations
    INF needed to install : hdxrt.inf

    -------------------------------------------------------
    FF01 - Fortemedia (FMAPO) Integration
    -------------------------------------------------------
    FMAPO32.dll
    FMAPO64.dll
    FMAPP.dll
    FMAPP.exe

    -------------------------------------------------------
    FF03 - Nahimic Integration
    -------------------------------------------------------
    NAHIMICAPOlfx.dll
    NahimicAPONSControl.dll
    NAHIMICV2apo.dll
    NAHIMICV3apo.dll

    -------------------------------------------------------
    FF04 - Conexant (CXAPO) Integration
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Caf64api.dll
    CAF64APO2.dll
    CX32APO.dll
    CX64APO.dll
    CX64Proxy.dll
    cxapo.lncs
    cxapo.prop
    CXAPOAgent64.exe

    -------------------------------------------------------
    FF06 - MaxxAudio Integration
    -------------------------------------------------------
    MaxxAudioAPO20.dll
    MaxxAudioAPO30.dll
    MaxxAudioAPO4064.dll
    MaxxAudioAPO5064.dll
    MaxxAudioAPO6064.dll
    MaxxAudioAPO7064.dll
    MaxxAudioAPOShell64.dll
    MaxxAudioCapture64.dll
    MaxxAudioEQ64.dll
    MaxxAudioRealtek64.dll
    MaxxAudioRender64.dll
    MaxxAudioRenderAVX64.dll
    MaxxSpeechAPO.dll
    MaxxSpeechAPO64.dll
    MaxxVoiceAPO2064.dll
    MaxxVoiceAPO3064.dll
    MaxxVoiceAPO4064.dll
    MaxxVolumeSDAPO.dll
    tbb_waves.dll
    WavesGUILib64.dll

    -------------------------------------------------------
    FF10 - Creative Integration
    -------------------------------------------------------


    -------------------------------------------------------
    FF0C - Intel (DTS/SST) Integration
    -------------------------------------------------------
    IntelSSTAPO.dll
    IntelSstCApoPropPage.dll
    rtkSSTsetting.dat
    My log file came out like this and i am quite confused which HDA i am supposed to install because apparently it has a customized Lenovo one which includes multiple of them. I would appreciate any guidance please and thank you
      My Computer

  8. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,396
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #408

    ticaret said:
    My log file came out like this and i am quite confused which HDA i am supposed to install because apparently it has a customized Lenovo one which includes multiple of them. I would appreciate any guidance please and thank you
    Hi and welcome to Tenforums!

    You need exactly what the log file says: A Lenovo specific customized driver from the Lenovo support page, for your PC.

    You can also use the FF00 generic driver, having in mind that you will lose the audio customizations Lenovo has done for your motherboard.
    The latest HDA FF00 driver can be found in this post
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 2
    W10
       #409

    ddelo said:
    Hi and welcome to Tenforums!

    You need exactly what the log file says: A Lenovo specific customized driver from the Lenovo support page, for your PC.

    You can also use the FF00 generic driver, having in mind that you will lose the audio customizations Lenovo has done for your motherboard.
    The latest HDA FF00 driver can be found in this post
    Hello! Thanks for the quick reply. My latest driver from Lenovo is unfortunately 5 years old and the one on the log was the one i installed from realteks webpage. Would you say that the latest generic FF00 would be better than the 5 old year old spesialized driver ? Also would it be possible to install all of the latest FF01 FF03 FF04 FF06 FF0C by hand since they exist as a component for my hardware?
      My Computer

  10. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,396
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #410

    ticaret said:
    Hello! Thanks for the quick reply. My latest driver from Lenovo is unfortunately 5 years old and the one on the log was the one i installed from realteks webpage. Would you say that the latest generic FF00 would be better than the 5 old year old spesialized driver ? Also would it be possible to install all of the latest FF01 FF03 FF04 FF06 FF0C by hand since they exist as a component for my hardware?

    It's not a matter of installing all the integrations. The installable driver will be the one which contains in the "hdxrt.inf" your Hardware ID. Thus, only the required components will be installed.

    If you want to try installing a new driver, I would suggest two things (in that order):
    1. Create a full system image on an external disk drive, so you can rollback if something goes wrong, or if you're not satisfied by the new driver.
    2. Completely uninstall the existing driver, before trying the new one.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums