Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 668
    Win 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)
       #21

    @Kbird
    Kbird said:
    NO reason not to try Latest AFAIK , they sound better to me than a few years ago , much better in fact.

    Easy enough to go back if there are Issues of some kind....
    Right, not so easy as you might think for some, but I get it.

    Even so, I still find ddelo's guide to be a bit confusing.
    I can't figure out which driver I should install?
    None of the examples shown in the guide, seem to match what I see on my machine?
    When I go to github.com to get the latest driver.
    I'm presented with a gigantic list, of which I have no idea what driver to download?
    I have a Gigabyte board, so I'm guessing I need to get a gigabyte driver, which there are 2 of?

    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-capture1a.png

    I don't even know if any of these drivers are correct for my motherboard?


      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,039
    Win10 1809
       #22

    Geosammy said:
    @Kbird
    Even so, I still find ddelo's guide to be a bit confusing.
    I can't figure out which driver I should install?
    None of the examples shown in the guide, seem to match what I see on my machine?
    When I go to github.com to get the latest driver.
    I'm presented with a gigantic list, of which I have no idea what driver to download?
    I have a Gigabyte board, so I'm guessing I need to get a gigabyte driver, which there are 2 of?
    I don't even know if any of these drivers are correct for my motherboard?
    *** See post 75 this Motherboard has a Creative Sound Chip not a Realtek one apparently
    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio - Page 8 - Windows 10 Forums



    If you don't have any of the Drivers above you should Use the Generic Driver which is FF00 and ALL realtek Chips will have the Basic functions at least. With Github they all come in one package and you can delete the others before running the Setup.exe file in the FF00/FF10 Folder.

    Usually the Named files like gigabyte and MSI etc are for there Laptops not desktops but it look like you may have a Creative Integration according to you MB PAGE , which I believe is FF10.

    GA-Z270X-Gaming 9 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global



    1. Creative® Sound Core 3D chip
    2. 2 x JRC NJM2114 and 1 x TI Burr Brown® OPA2134 operational amplifiers
    3. Support for Sound Blaster ZxRi
    4. High Definition Audio
    5. 2/5.1-channel
    6. Support for S/PDIF Out



    8642 just came out today ,I am just downloading it from Github now.....
    Last edited by Kbird; 11 Mar 2019 at 13:17.
      My Computer

  3. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 1,814
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #23

    Geosammy said:
    @Kbird[FONT="]
    [/FONT]

    Right, not so easy as you might think for some, but I get it.

    Even so, I still find ddelo[FONT="]'s[/FONT] guide to be a bit confusing.
    I can't figure out which driver I should install?
    None of the examples shown in the guide, seem to match what I see on my machine?
    When I go to github.com to get the latest driver.
    I'm presented with a gigantic list, of which I have no idea what driver to download?
    I have a Gigabyte board, so I'm guessing I need to get a gigabyte driver, which there are 2 of?

    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-capture1a.png

    I don't even know if any of these drivers are correct for my motherboard?

    To use the guide in 1st post there are two prerequisites:
    1. You must have a Realtek driver installed, which came with your system or you have downloaded from the system's manufacturer
    2. This driver must be an HDA one. As I clearly state at the end of the post the method works primarily for HDA drivers, but it might be useful to UAD drivers too.

    So once you have the Realtek driver installed, then follow the steps in the 1st post to find the correct integration you have.
    For instance this method was not useful to our fellow member @Kbird as Asus installs all possible integrations and there is no way to distinguish the one they finally use.
      My Computer

  4. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 668
    Win 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)
       #24

    @Kbird
    Kbird said:
    If you don't have any of the Drivers above you should Use the Generic Driver which is FF00 and ALL realtek Chips will have the Basic functions at least. With Github they all come in one package and you can delete the others before running the Setup.exe file in the FF00/FF10 Folder.

    Usually the Named files like gigabyte and MSI etc are for there Laptops not desktops but it look like you may have a Creative Integration according to you MB PAGE , which I believe is FF10.

    GA-Z270X-Gaming 9 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global



    1. Creative® Sound Core 3D chip
    2. 2 x JRC NJM2114 and 1 x TI Burr Brown® OPA2134 operational amplifiers
    3. Support for Sound Blaster ZxRi
    4. High Definition Audio
    5. 2/5.1-channel
    6. Support for S/PDIF Out



    8642 just came out today ,I am just downloading it from Github now.....
    Thanks for your reply.
    However, I'm even more confused now?
    I just updated my driver, from the Gigabyte website support page for my motherboard.
    I don't see any folders, like you have mentioned?

    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-capture1b.png
      My Computer

  5. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 1,814
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #25

    You will not be able to find it from the downloaded files, because you don't know which files will be eventually installed, when you update the driver.

    First look in Device Manager as I show in the image in post 1.
    This is where you look for the "special files" you might have. Try to find any matches to the list of integrations I have in the 1st post.
      My Computer

  6. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 668
    Win 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)
       #26

    @ddelo
    ddelo said:
    To use the guide in 1st post there are two prerequisites:
    1. You must have a Realtek driver installed, which came with your system or you have downloaded from the system's manufacturer
    2. This driver must be an HDA one. As I clearly state at the end of the post the method works primarily for HDA drivers, but it might be useful to UAD drivers too.

    So once you have the Realtek driver installed, then follow the steps in the 1st post to find the correct integration you have.
    For instance this method was not useful to our fellow member @Kbird as Asus installs all possible integrations and there is no way to distinguish the one they finally use.
    Thank you.
    I'm now thoroughly confused?

    I have a Realtech driver installed.
    Don't know if it's HDA or not?
    Don't even know what that is, let alone what UAD means?
    As far as "integration" is concerned?
    I have no idea what I'm looking for, or what that might be?
    I can't make heads or tails, out of what you guys are telling me?
    I know it's been explained, but I still don't know how I'm suppose to use your guide, to help determine which driver to install?

    This seems to have only added more to my confusion and frustration, with regards to installing the "correct" audio drivers.
    I guess I just don't get, what you guys are explaining?
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 2,039
    Win10 1809
       #27

    Geosammy said:
    @Kbird

    Thanks for your reply.
    However, I'm even more confused now?
    I just updated my driver, from the Gigabyte website support page for my motherboard.
    I don't see any folders, like you have mentioned?
    I was talking about the GITHUB download not from Gigabyte...you already have those installed....

    8642 is the latest GITHUB version

    KB
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,039
    Win10 1809
       #28

    Geosammy said:
    @ddelo
    I have a Realtech driver installed.
    Don't know if it's HDA or not?
    Don't even know what that is, let alone what UAD means?
    As far as "integration" is concerned?
    I have no idea what I'm looking for, or what that might be?

    I know it's been explained, but I still don't know how I'm suppose to use your guide, to help determine which driver to install?
    I guess I just don't get, what you guys are explaining?
    HDA = High Definition Audio = Old style Realtek Driver...... you would have Realtek Manager (not Console)

    UAD = universal Audio Driver = New Windows 10 Driver Type ......Do you have Realtek Console ?


    assuming you have the right MB listed you have the Creative Labs Integration , the Drivers are even listed as Creative Audio Drivers here :

    GA-Z270X-Gaming 9 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global


    Which means you should try the drivers in the GITHUB Download in the Folder called FF10
      My Computer

  9. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 668
    Win 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)
       #29

    @Kbird
    Kbird said:
    I was talking about the GITHUB download not from Gigabyte...you already have those installed....

    8642 is the latest GITHUB version

    KB
    What!?
    I know you're attempting to help, but this isn't making much sense to me?
    Why would you tell me to look for a FF00/FF10 Folder, when I don't have them?

    This is what I currently have and what I see from device manager.
    What is it that I'm looking for, to determine the correct driver?
    I don't see anything that matches with the guide?

    Installing audio drivers, has always seemed like a crapshoot to me?

    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-capture1c.png
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,039
    Win10 1809
       #30

    Geosammy said:
    @Kbird

    What!?
    I know you're attempting to help, but this isn't making much sense to me?
    Why would you tell me to look for a FF00/FF10 Folder, when I don't have them?
    Cos you were at GitHUB looking at a long list of Files you said and I even said GITHUB Package....


    Check post above , you may have UAD Drivers in which case this Thread is not for you....
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:13.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums