Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,080
    Win10 1809
       #11

    ddelo said:
    Here, in Tenforums, we have a very looong and detailed thread regarding updates to the Realtek HD Audio Driver Version, which is maintained regularly.
    One of the most asked questions in this thread, is which type of Realtek driver one needs to update his Audio, since there are quite a few available.
    If you have already installed the appropriate driver, suggested by the Manufacturer, or if you have clean installed and Windows 10 has installed a driver for your specific Hardware ID then proceed to the steps below.
    To determine which driver you need you must follow these steps:
    1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager or in Search type devmgmt to open Device Manager.
    2. Navigate to “Sound, video and game controllers” and open “Realtek Audio
    3. Select the Driver tab and click “Details
    4. In Details search for any of the "special" files, for your specific driver, according to the list below.

    If you cannot find any of the "special" files listed below, it means that you don’t have any additional integration (feature) and you just need to install the FF00 (= Generic) driver.
    Besides the Generic one (FF00), which is what the name implies, a generic driver with no additional integration, for each one of the other driver types, the "special" files you must look for to decide which driver you need, are:
    FF01 = FF00 with FMAPO (Fortemedia) Integration
    Code:
    FMAPO64.dll
    FF03 = FF00 with Nahimic Integration
    Code:
    NAHIMICAPOlfx.dll
    NahimicAPONSControl.dll
    FF04 = FF00 with CXAPO (Conexant) Integration
    [CODE] Caf64api.dll
    CAF64APO2.dll
    CX64APO.dll
    CX64Proxy.dll
    FF06 = FF00 with MaxxAudio Integration
    Code:
    MaxxAudioAPO.dll
    MaxxVoiceAPO30.dll
    MaxxVoiceAPO3064.dll
    MaxxVoiceAPO4064.dll
    MaxxVolumeSDAPO.dll
    tbb_waves.dll
    WavesGUILib64.dll
    FF0C = FF00 with DTS/SST (Intel) Integration
    Code:
    IntelSSTAPO.dll
    IntelSstCApoPropPage.dll
    rtkSSTsetting.dat
    Once again it should be noted that the above apply to Realtek HDA drivers, but some of the files per driver type should apply to UAD drivers too.
    That's it. You now know, which driver type you need to update your Audio. Find the appropriate one and update to the latest version!
    HTH. Dimitri

    Hi Dimitri , thanks for the Post unfortunately it does not seem to Clear things up for me , I used DDu to remove all Realtek Driver and re-installed from theMB CD and then one from the Website and I have files from every Intergration except Creative it seems installed still. It seems the Asus Installer just blankets them all "just incase" as theny are all seen in Device Manager too.

    ie Nahamic,Maxx, Foretmedia, Dolby,DTS ,intel, Conexant etc when looking in Device Manager.

    My Motherboard is the Asus X99A-II with Crystal Sound 3, which comes with DTS Neo and DTS Studio....though the Original Drivers (7727) on the MB CD don't install DTS Studio but the Updated Driver (7848) on the Website does.7848 Installer Folder also include Sonic Sound Folders though I am not sure Sonic is even supported on this MB?

    from the website: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...pecifications/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
    - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
    - High quality 112 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR stereo playback input (Line-in)
    - High-fidelity audio OP AMP(s)
    Audio Feature :
    - DTS Connect
    - DTS Studio Sound
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    the Latest Generic Drivers FF00-8833 enable the DTS Connect TAB but not the DTS Studio but I am not that worried about DTS Studio, (as it only works in 2 speaker mode ) since typically I use EqualizerAPO with the P.E.A.C.E. Gui , not the Realtek Equaliser or Room Settings.

    So maybe it doesn't really matter I I should just stick with FF00? but I was just wondering if there is anyway to narrow it down further?

    HW.ID as seen in D.M. is :

    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438699&REV_1000


    Thanks

    KB.
      My Computer

  2. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 1,905
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Kbird said:
    Hi Dimitri , thanks for the Post unfortunately it does not seem to Clear things up for me , I used DDu to remove all Realtek Driver and re-installed from theMB CD and then one from the Website and I have files from every Intergration except Creative it seems installed still. It seems the Asus Installer just blankets them all "just incase" as theny are all seen in Device Manager too.

    ie Nahamic,Maxx, Foretmedia, Dolby,DTS ,intel, Conexant etc when looking in Device Manager.

    My Motherboard is the Asus X99A-II with Crystal Sound 3, which comes with DTS Neo and DTS Studio....though the Original Drivers (7727) on the MB CD don't install DTS Studio but the Updated Driver (7848) on the Website does.7848 Installer Folder also include Sonic Sound Folders though I am not sure Sonic is even supported on this MB?

    from the website: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...pecifications/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
    - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
    - High quality 112 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR stereo playback input (Line-in)
    - High-fidelity audio OP AMP(s)
    Audio Feature :
    - DTS Connect
    - DTS Studio Sound
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    the Latest Generic Drivers FF00-8833 enable the DTS Connect TAB but not the DTS Studio but I am not that worried about DTS Studio, (as it only works in 2 speaker mode ) since typically I use EqualizerAPO with the P.E.A.C.E. Gui , not the Realtek Equaliser or Room Settings.

    So maybe it doesn't really matter I I should just stick with FF00? but I was just wondering if there is anyway to narrow it down further?

    HW.ID as seen in D.M. is :

    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438699&REV_1000


    Thanks

    KB.

    First of all, I'm sorry the post didn't help you.
    It seems quite strange that Asus just installs everything, i.e. all possible integrations. For what reason, only they can tell us.
    To be honest, in your case, if you don't have any problems with the driver provided by Asus, I would stick to this one.
    I don't think you'll gain that much in sound quality if you install the latest version. Besides if you go with the latest generic FF00 you're risking to lose any possible integration Asus might have, which unfortunately cannot be found, unless you post a direct question to Asus for your specific MB.
    But that's just my opinion.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,080
    Win10 1809
       #13

    ddelo said:
    First of all, I'm sorry the post didn't help you.
    It seems quite strange that Asus just installs everything, i.e. all possible integrations. For what reason, only they can tell us.
    To be honest, in your case, if you don't have any problems with the driver provided by Asus, I would stick to this one.
    I don't think you'll gain that much in sound quality if you install the latest version. Besides if you go with the latest generic FF00 you're risking to lose any possible integration Asus might have, which unfortunately cannot be found, unless you post a direct question to Asus for your specific MB.
    But that's just my opinion.
    Thanks D.

    Oh, it's not your Fault :) I was surprised they just installed everything ... just in case.... was trying to figure out Why I only see DTS Studio sometimes but DTS Neo is always there, but not a dealbreaker now I see Studio only uses stereo Channel. I had Crystal Sound 2 on another MB but never figured out if it was just a name ( like GByte's SupremeFx) or an "integration". I can actually add the DTS Studio in the latest Drivers by running the Studio Setup from the Original Driver I downloaded but there seems little point.

    So I guess it's back to FF00-8633 for me...

    thanks for the Reply.
    Last edited by Kbird; 26 Feb 2019 at 19:27.
      My Computer

  4. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 1,905
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #14

    You're more than welcome!
      My Computer

  5. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 671
    Win 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)
       #15

    This is what my driver looks like.
    Is there anything odd about this?

    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-screenshot-310-.png
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,080
    Win10 1809
       #16

    Geosammy said:
    This is what my driver looks like.
    Is there anything odd about this?

    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-screenshot-310-.png
    Not to me but you are 18mths behind (8228)...the latest is 8639 , though some prefer 8633

    Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Page 202 - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computer


  7. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 671
    Win 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)
       #17

    @Kbird
    Kbird said:
    Not to me but you are 18mths behind (8228)...the latest is 8639 , though some prefer 8633

    Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Page 202 - Windows 10 Forums
    Thanks for your reply.
    I updated the driver, from what my motherboard manufacturer's recommendations.
    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-screenshot-312-.png
      My Computer

  8. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 1,905
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Geosammy said:
    @Kbird

    Thanks for your reply.
    I updated the driver, from what my motherboard manufacturer's recommendations.
    Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio-screenshot-312-.png


    Just great George. I hope it sounds good too.
      My Computer

  9. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 671
    Win 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)
       #19

    @ddelo
    ddelo said:

    Just great George. I hope it sounds good too.
    So far, I think it sounds pretty good.
    Although it isn't the latest driver, it is the recommended driver by Gigabyte for my board.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,080
    Win10 1809
       #20

    Geosammy said:
    @ddelo

    So far, I think it sounds pretty good.
    Although it isn't the latest driver, it is the recommended driver by Gigabyte for my board.
    NO reason not to try Latest AFAIK , they sound better to me than a few years ago , much better in fact.

    Easy enough to go back if there are Issues of some kind....
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums