Realtek Audio Console REQUIRES a Realtek HD (UAD) Driver!!

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,374
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #361

    aw EdTittel I'm not sure what's going on at the win10.guru site but I'm recently getting 502 bad gateway errors there

    Tonyb said:
    yeah HP answer reinstall windows and then delay the update crazy just support the update for crying out loud.
    HP is kinda slow in testing the v2004 May 2020 Update on older HP systems
    plus the 2004 update in its current state is buggy and has a lot of issues that Microsoft has to fix
    I highly recommend staying with 1903 or 1909 and wait a few more months until MS releases a more stable version of 2004
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 1,104
    win 10 pro x64 os build 20H2
       #362

    @erpster4 yup noticed that , i have not had any other issues vr 2004 been pretty solid for me at least, other than the audio driver and i can live with that.
      My Computer

  3. Ozzy33's Avatar
    Posts : 15
    win10
       #363

    4.1 sound or rears mimic the fronts


    I have a 4.1 PC audio setup (Logitech-560) and cannot get the rear speakers to play (if I put the black plug into the green sound card jack, the rears play), as a minimum play whats on the front speakers, and second as a 4 channel setup. Been a gamer for a long time (3+ decades), built all my systems, was a tech for 15 years repairing motherboards and all peripherals to component level. I stopped gaming 5 years ago and just started a couple months ago, i really prefer sound blaster EAX3.0 for important sound positioning, but seems the games I started playing does not have this option. I have a SB X-fi pcie and the ALC892 onboard sound on my X99-TF MB and neither can be set to play the rears mimicking the fronts (even with speaker fill=ON) or 4ch sound. To be fair, the X-fi is old and creative barely supports this card in win10. Never liked realtek in the past for the lack of position information compared to the X-fi in the past.

    I bought the Xeon E5-2678v3 (12c/24t) cpu - 32GB - X99-TF MB for $252, its been a great system paired with rx580 video card and very hard to beat the bang for buck (similar to multi thread preformance of i7-9700). I ran this system for a month trying to get the realtek working, before I added the X-fi card.

    Currently I have realtek 6.0.8934.1 driver and the X-fi 6.0.240.26 drivers.
    I aM guessing I need the realtek audio control panel to do what i am looking for, but have serious concerns loading this app with very low reviews https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_1333562&tduid=(ir__3d9ccprhegkftgsnkk0sohzz0e2xlfj30oyiktdu00) (7593)(1333562)()()&irgwc=1&irclickid=_3d9ccprhegkftgsnkk0sohzz0e2xlfj30oyiktdu00&activetab=pivot:re viewstab

    Is this the correct driver or am I looking in the wrong place or suggestions?
    Any help is appreciated!

    My system is win10 pro 2004, OS build 19041.329
    My motherboard-cpu-memory combo
    HUANANZHI X99 motherboard set with Xeon E5 2678 V3 4pcs 8GB=32GB 1600MHz DDR3 ECC REG memory|Motherboards| - AliExpress
    MB website info http://www.huananzhi.com/html/1/184/185/362.html
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,374
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #364

    Tonyb said:
    @erpster4 yup noticed that , i have not had any other issues vr 2004 been pretty solid for me at least, other than the audio driver and i can live with that.
    HP has not updated the Realtek UAD driver for my bro's newly refurbished HP Spectre x360 15-df1033dx laptop which is still at 8720. I've prevented the Win10 Home OS (still at 1909 and not gonna upgrade to 2004 until either late July or mid-August) from automatically downloading & installing updates and using wushowhide.diagcab tool to hide/block all the updates, including whatever driver updates the Win10 may attempt to install.

    I'll keep the Win10 OS on my bro's HP laptop at 1909 a while longer until MS releases a new set of 2004 ISOs with either the July 2020 or Aug. 2020 updates integrated and by then I'll upgrade.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 1,374
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #365

    Ozzy33 said:
    Currently I have realtek 6.0.8934.1 driver and the X-fi 6.0.240.26 drivers.
    I aM guessing I need the realtek audio control panel to do what i am looking for, but have serious concerns loading this app with very low reviews https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_1333562&tduid=(ir__3d9ccprhegkftgsnkk0sohzz0e2xlfj30oyiktdu00) (7593)(1333562)()()&irgwc=1&irclickid=_3d9ccprhegkftgsnkk0sohzz0e2xlfj30oyiktdu00&activetab=pivot:re viewstab

    Is this the correct driver or am I looking in the wrong place or suggestions?
    Any help is appreciated!

    My system is win10 pro 2004, OS build 19041.329
    My motherboard-cpu-memory combo
    HUANANZHI X99 motherboard set with Xeon E5 2678 V3 4pcs 8GB=32GB 1600MHz DDR3 ECC REG memory|Motherboards| - AliExpress
    MB website info 华南金牌官网
    first we need to know the hardware device ID number of the Realtek High Definition Audio device on your Huananzhi X99 board, Ozzy33.
    follow the directions on this site on getting the hardware ID number of a device:
    How to Find Hardware ID: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
      My Computers

  6. Ozzy33's Avatar
    Posts : 15
    win10
       #366

    erpster4 said:
    first we need to know the hardware device ID number of the Realtek High Definition Audio device on your Huananzhi X99 board, Ozzy33.
    follow the directions on this site on getting the hardware ID number of a device:
    How to Find Hardware ID: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
    @erpster4, thanks for looking into this. Also this will help on other pc's I am working on, thanks for that link.
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_10EC0892&REV_1003
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_10EC0892
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,374
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #367

    Ozzy33 said:

    Is this the correct driver or am I looking in the wrong place or suggestions?
    If the v6.0.8934.1 audio driver is in standard (non-DCH or non-UAD) format, then it does not qualify for using the Realtek Audio Console app from the MS store and will not install nor run. only reason there were a bunch bad reviews of it there is because most of those people don't have the proper audio drivers in the correct format installed. only a properly installed Realtek audio driver in UAD format (and NOT the one found on Realtek's web site which is obviously in the older HDA format) will be able to utilize the Realtek Audio Console app from the MS store.

    in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), expand the Sound, video and game controllers section, double-click on the Realtek audio device to view its Properties, click on the Driver tab and click on the Driver Details button. if there are lots of driver files listed, then I know it's the standard HDA (or non-UAD) driver. if only a few driver files are listed, then it could be a UAD driver.

    edit - I'm afraid that HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_10EC0892" does not qualify for using the newer UAD drivers because that specific ID is not listed in any of the INF files of the UAD drivers, Ozzy33. only standard HDA (nonUAD) FFxx drivers (like the original Realtek HDA driver from the Huananzhi web site which appears to be an old HDA version from early 2015) and using the generic HDXRT.inf file can officially support the Realtek audio device on the Huananzhi X99 board (btw - X99 chipsets are several years old)

    edit2 - open Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) and click on the Details tab there:
    a Reatlek HDA (nonUAD) driver has either RAVCpl64.exe, RtkAudioService64.exe or RtkNGUI64.exe loaded at startup.
    a Realtek UAD driver has the RtkAudUService64.exe file loaded at startup.

    FYI - RAVCpl64.exe or RtkNGUI64.exe in HDA FFxx drivers runs the Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel app bundled with the HDA drivers.
    and Realtek Audio Console is a separate app that is a "metro UI" styled version of the Realtek audio manager program but used only with UAD drivers
      My Computers

  8. Ozzy33's Avatar
    Posts : 15
    win10
       #368

    Thanks for the reply!

    erpster4 said:
    If the v6.0.8934.1 audio driver is in standard (non-DCH or non-UAD) format, then it does not qualify for using the Realtek Audio Console app from the MS store and will not install nor run. only reason there were a bunch bad reviews of it there is because most of those people don't have the proper audio drivers in the correct format installed. only a properly installed Realtek audio driver in UAD format (and NOT the one found on Realtek's web site which is obviously in the older HDA format) will be able to utilize the Realtek Audio Console app from the MS store.
    This is one reason i never liked realtek, the driver install was a mess and looks to have only gotten worse:
    The realtek websight has 3 year old drivers
    I have found three newer versions of the driver (two in MS and another forum), but turns out they are the HDA drivers.


    in Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), expand the Sound, video and game controllers section, double-click on the Realtek audio device to view its Properties, click on the Driver tab and click on the Driver Details button. if there are lots of driver files listed, then I know it's the standard HDA (or non-UAD) driver. if only a few driver files are listed, then it could be a UAD driver.
    Looks like a boat load of drivers are installed, so i have the wrong one, I got this from tenforums here"https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a-222.html

    edit - I'm afraid that HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_10EC0892" does not qualify for using the newer UAD drivers because that specific ID is not listed in any of the INF files of the UAD drivers, Ozzy33. only standard HDA (nonUAD) FFxx drivers (like the original Realtek HDA driver from the Huananzhi web site which appears to be an old HDA version from early 2015) and using the generic HDXRT.inf file can officially support the Realtek audio device on the Huananzhi X99 board (btw - X99 chipsets are several years old)

    edit2 - open Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) and click on the Details tab there:
    a Reatlek HDA (nonUAD) driver has either RAVCpl64.exe, RtkAudioService64.exe or RtkNGUI64.exe loaded at startup.
    a Realtek UAD driver has the RtkAudUService64.exe file loaded at startup.
    Mine has RAVCpl64.exe

    FYI - RAVCpl64.exe or RtkNGUI64.exe in HDA FFxx drivers runs the Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel app bundled with the HDA drivers.
    and Realtek Audio Console is a separate app that is a "metro UI" styled version of the Realtek audio manager program but used only with UAD drivers
    Does the audio console give any more features or is it just a face-lift for the same options in HD audio manager?
    Thanks again.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 770
    Windows 10
       #369

    Ozzy33 said:
    Does the audio console give any more features or is it just a face-lift for the same options in HD audio manager?
    Same features, NOT a face-lift.

    The basic building blocks (the c++ libraries) are different, less security vulnerabilities in the new Realtek audio console.

    8855 HDA had a security vulnerability, 8855 UAD didn't.

    The migration to DCH drivers (which is the formal name Microsoft uses) is a strictly security exercise mandated by Microsoft.
      My Computer

  10. Ozzy33's Avatar
    Posts : 15
    win10
       #370

    Thanks for the responses everybody and the link.

    With realtek being the number one onboard sound solution, whats the reason the drivers are such a mess

    Now I need to shop for a sound card thats going to do what I want (hoping for $80 or less, but thats not a showstopper), suggestions or links? TIA!
      My Computer


 
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums