Realtek Audio Console REQUIRES a Realtek HD (UAD) Driver!!

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
  1. Jagtronic's Avatar
    Posts : 5
    Win 10 Pro 64
       #321

    erpster4 said:
    that's sad not sure what to say
    maybe that's why I'm so hesitant to buy a new motherboard from MSI
    so I went with Gigabyte instead since the Realtek UAD drivers provide the necessary options including Advanced settings



    no Jagtronic - generic Windows HD audio driver (hdaudio.sys) has nothing to do with UAD or HDA standard at all. it's simply a "generic" HD audio driver for any HD audio device whether old or new
    Ok Erpster4, thankyou for that. I am still better off with HDA 6.0.8924.1 then? it works fine and is patched for CVE-2019-19705

    The only reason I was chasing UAD down was because I thought if lighter weight (size) would give performance efficiency, and it should be possible. However time taken hasn't paid back, and I don't like the concept of hybrid drivers from other sources.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,095
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #322

    Jagtronic said:
    The only reason I was chasing UAD down was because I thought if lighter weight (size) would give performance efficiency, and it should be possible. However time taken hasn't paid back, and I don't like the concept of hybrid drivers from other sources.
    sometimes using UAD over HDA does not give better "performance efficiency" as you put it.

    UAD drivers are better suited or optimized for recent hardware (machines with at least Intel Kaby Lake [7th gen Intel core], AMD Ryzen or better)
    your thinkcentre M73p came with 4th gen Intel core hardware and the available realtek audio drivers from Lenovo are HDA versions
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 1,095
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #323

    Pollensa1946 said:
    I'm told on these forums that when looking at MUC for a Realtek audio driver that the UAD version is the smaller of the two versions (around 11MB), HDA being the larger by a big margin. So I am careful to install the smaller supposedly UAD. Problems are...

    1) On Device Manager it is labelled as "Realtek High Definition Audio", rather than "Realtek (R) Audio" which the UAD version apparently should be.

    2) Realtek Audio Console (RAC) will not download from MStore. Fails every time with an error code.

    So I go to the Mokichu site...

    [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (UAD | 2xx/3xx/4xx)

    ...and that driver installs, is correctly labelled and RAC installs no problem. So is the MUC driver truly UAD and if so why is it not labelled correctly and RAC does not install?
    well Pollensa1946 if you are only "updating" the UAD driver from Device Manager the "Realtek High Definition Audio" name should change to "Realtek (R) Audio" in the Sound, video & game controllers section after a reboot.

    if you are "clean installing" a UAD driver (meaning installing from scratch), you either have to use the bundled InstallShield setup.exe installer that comes with the drivers or use pnputil.exe or Driverstore Explorer (Rapr.exe) to fully install them.

    the UAD driver packs from MUC just contain the "bare-bones" or basic component driver and you have to install/update the other Realtek software components separately or individually - that is why I do NOT rely on Device Manager to install Realtek UAD drivers.

    Mokichu's Realtek UAD driver packs, install not only the basic/main UAD driver components (rtaiodat.dat & rtkvhd64.sys), but also the Realtek "extension" INF component (which you will not find on MUC because Realtek did not post them there and only bundled in either unofficial generic uad drivers or found in OEM based UAD drivers from various PC manufacturers & board makers) that will "register" the Realtek "Software Components" (aka. Realtek Audio Effects Component, Realtek Audio Universal Service and Realtek Hardware Support Application [HSA]). The Realtek HSA component is the one that allows MS store to download the Realtek Audio Console UWP app.

    Realtek Audio Console REQUIRES a Realtek HD (UAD) Driver!!-devmgr-realtek-components-listed.png

    here above is an example of a Realtek UAD Driver fully installed in Device Manager
    The "Realtek(R) Audio" driver is listed in the Sound, video and game controllers section along with the three Realtek "Software Components"
      My Computers

  4. Pollensa1946's Avatar
    Posts : 83
    Windows 10 Home
       #324

    erpster4 said:
    well Pollensa1946 if you are only "updating" the UAD driver from Device Manager the "Realtek High Definition Audio" name should change to "Realtek (R) Audio" in the Sound, video & game controllers section after a reboot.
    if you are "clean installing" a UAD driver (meaning installing from scratch), you either have to use the bundled InstallShield setup.exe installer that comes with the drivers or use pnputil.exe or Driverstore Explorer (Rapr.exe) to fully install them.
    the UAD driver packs from MUC just contain the "bare-bones" or basic component driver and you have to install/update the other Realtek software components separately or individually - that is why I do NOT rely on Device Manager to install Realtek UAD drivers.
    Mokichu's Realtek UAD driver packs, install not only the basic/main UAD driver components (rtaiodat.dat & rtkvhd64.sys), but also the Realtek "extension" INF component (which you will not find on MUC because Realtek did not post them there and only bundled in either unofficial generic uad drivers or found in OEM based UAD drivers from various PC manufacturers & board makers) that will "register" the Realtek "Software Components" (aka. Realtek Audio Effects Component, Realtek Audio Universal Service and Realtek Hardware Support Application [HSA]). The Realtek HSA component is the one that allows MS store to download the Realtek Audio Console UWP app.
    here above is an example of a Realtek UAD Driver fully installed in Device Manager
    The "Realtek(R) Audio" driver is listed in the Sound, video and game controllers section along with the three Realtek "Software Components"
    Thanks. All of that fits with my experience. Because of problems with the installed drivers I uninstalled and cut back to the generic MSoft sound driver. I then installed the base driver pack from the ASUS MB support page and updated that with the latest 8945 from Mokichu. All now working well including the Realtek Audio Console UWP app.
    One small discrepancy causes confusion. It was stated elsewhere on these forums that the Realtek Hardware Support Application driver level, last three digits, should correspond to the level of Realtek Audio Console UWP, last three digits, which can be installed. In Device Manager the level is shown as 174 but 216 of Realtek Audio Console downloaded OK. So that correlation seems in doubt.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 851
    win 10 pro x64
       #325

    hi all dose my system support UHD audio it a hp 15-cw1068wm, i think it may as it has this B&O audio app thats from the windows store but lacking thew hd audio from realtek which i rather miss. here is the info on my audio chip.

    Realtek Audio Console REQUIRES a Realtek HD (UAD) Driver!!-sound-stuff.png

    - - - Updated - - -

    looks like it dose my hp audio control is provided by realtek , but i'm lacking the system sound enhancements in properties and the eq also in there , but i have a eq in hp control audio, so must be all we get now days . how bad can it get now with new stuff gone are the good old days of awesome system sounds enhancements.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3
    WIN10
       #326

    erpster4 said:
    that's sad not sure what to say
    maybe that's why I'm so hesitant to buy a new motherboard from MSI
    so I went with Gigabyte instead since the Realtek UAD drivers provide the necessary options including Advanced settings
    Hi, MSI not reply to this post...

    I Have "solution" for connect Speakers to Toslink and Headphones to Backpanel in Jack 3,5.

    DAC:
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07MB8VCWQ

    Connect Toslink to DAC and DAC to --> JACK 3,5 Speakers.
    Connect Jack 3,5 --> Headphones.

    Realtek Console easy swap Digital Output (speakers) to Analog Ouput (headphones)
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 1,095
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #327

    Pollensa1946 said:
    Thanks. All of that fits with my experience. Because of problems with the installed drivers I uninstalled and cut back to the generic MSoft sound driver. I then installed the base driver pack from the ASUS MB support page and updated that with the latest 8945 from Mokichu. All now working well including the Realtek Audio Console UWP app.
    One small discrepancy causes confusion. It was stated elsewhere on these forums that the Realtek Hardware Support Application driver level, last three digits, should correspond to the level of Realtek Audio Console UWP, last three digits, which can be installed. In Device Manager the level is shown as 174 but 216 of Realtek Audio Console downloaded OK. So that correlation seems in doubt.
    though if you update the Realtek Hardware Support Application INF file (RealtekHSA.inf) from Device Manager to a newer version like 217, MS store will download & install v1.11.217.0 of the Realtek Audio Console.

    when it comes to OEM based Realtek UAD drivers and Mokichu's Realtek UAD drivers, they bundle the "Realtek Device Extension" INF file (like HDX_AsusExt_RTK.inf found in the ExtRtk_nnnn folder) - these extension INF files are the ones that cannot be installed thru Device Manager and requires using either pnputil.exe or Rapr.exe (driver store explorer) to install. UAD driver install will be 100% complete when the Realtek Device Extension INF file is properly installed & registered.


    Tonyb said:
    hi all dose my system support UHD audio it a hp 15-cw1068wm, i think it may as it has this B&O audio app thats from the windows store but lacking thew hd audio from realtek which i rather miss. here is the info on my audio chip.

    Realtek Audio Console REQUIRES a Realtek HD (UAD) Driver!!-sound-stuff.png

    - - - Updated - - -

    looks like it dose my hp audio control is provided by realtek , but i'm lacking the system sound enhancements in properties and the eq also in there , but i have a eq in hp control audio, so must be all we get now days . how bad can it get now with new stuff gone are the good old days of awesome system sounds enhancements.
    The Enhancements tab is not available in Realtek UAD/DCH drivers, Tonyb (this is standard behavior or "by design"). sound "enhancements" in properties tab only exists when using either generic MS HD audio driver (hdaudio.sys) or legacy Realtek HDA FFxx (non-UAD / non-DCH) drivers. this was discussed several months ago here:
    Sound Properties under Realtek Drivers Missing Enhancement Tab
      My Computers

  8. Pollensa1946's Avatar
    Posts : 83
    Windows 10 Home
       #328

    erpster4 said:
    though if you update the Realtek Hardware Support Application INF file (RealtekHSA.inf) from Device Manager to a newer version like 217, MS store will download & install v1.11.217.0 of the Realtek Audio Console...
    Many thanks erpster4. After reading your posts I think I at last understand all of this. I just installed the latest 8959 from Mokichu, using Device Manager, and the Realtek Hardware Support Application was not updated so Realtek Audio Console (RAC) did not update from the store. I went into the package from Mokichu and found RealtekHSA.inf and updated that using DriverStore. The RAC then went to 219.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,095
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #329

    Pollensa1946 said:
    Many thanks erpster4. After reading your posts I think I at last understand all of this. I just installed the latest 8959 from Mokichu, using Device Manager, and the Realtek Hardware Support Application was not updated so Realtek Audio Console (RAC) did not update from the store. I went into the package from Mokichu and found RealtekHSA.inf and updated that using DriverStore. The RAC then went to 219.
    you're welcome.

    I don't know how or where Mokichu got the 8959 uad version (need to find or locate the actual OEM/manufacturer "source" for it and not from mega or any 3rd party download site), but I will continue to use the 8945 uad version on my gigabyte board

    KrAzYtHeBoY said:
    Hi, MSI not reply to this post...

    I Have "solution" for connect Speakers to Toslink and Headphones to Backpanel in Jack 3,5.

    DAC:
    Techole Optico a RCA, 192KHz Convertidor Digital a Analogico, Optico Coaxial (RCA) Toslink SPDIF a Audio Estereo RCA L/R y Jack 3.5mm con Cable Optico y Cable USB DC/5V paraPS3, PS4, Xbox, HDTV, DVD: Amazon.es: Electronica

    Connect Toslink to DAC and DAC to --> JACK 3,5 Speakers.
    Connect Jack 3,5 --> Headphones.

    Realtek Console easy swap Digital Output (speakers) to Analog Ouput (headphones)
    that's good, KrAzYtHeBoY. a hardware solution I think is better.
    reason why the "Device advanced settings" option is missing from your Realtek audio console MSI version is because you may be using a recent MSI motherboard (an MSI MPG Z390 Pro Carbon, I think) that comes with Nahimic 3 audio enhancer (and MSI probably told Realtek to hide or remove the advanced options & use the sound options from a separate nahimic app instead). only way to possibly restore those missing advanced options into Realtek audio console is to either use an unofficial uad generic driver from pal1000 or use an undocumented realtek hda driver test tool that alanfox2000 got a few years ago that creates a special rtkhdaud.dat config file.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 1,095
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #330

    version 6.0.8940.1 UAD ASRock RTK driver from ASRock (released 5/28/2020)

    slightly different from the 6.0.8940.1 UAD ASRock Nahimic driver released almost two weeks ago
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums