Realtek Audio Console REQUIRES a Realtek HD (UAD) Driver!!

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,338
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #111

    @Cliff S When I've done a complete uninstall of Realtek HDA drivers in the pst it's been necessary to run the CCleaner registry cleaner twice. I first made sure there were no entries in it and cleaned them if there were then uninstalled the Realtek drivers, rebooted and straight away ran the registry cleaner, on the first pass it would find in excess of 200 entries relating to Realtek which I deleted. Then run it again and it picked up over 100 more Realtek entries to be deleted.
      My Computer

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,566
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #112

    DooGie said:
    @Cliff S When I've done a complete uninstall of Realtek HDA drivers in the pst it's been necessary to run the CCleaner registry cleaner twice. I first made sure there were no entries in it and cleaned them if there were then uninstalled the Realtek drivers, rebooted and straight away ran the registry cleaner, on the first pass it would find in excess of 200 entries relating to Realtek which I deleted. Then run it again and it picked up over 100 more Realtek entries to be deleted.
    Same here.
    Plus I open regedit and delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Realtek\Audio
      My Computers

  3. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,338
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #113

    Cliff S said:
    Same here.
    Plus I open regedit and delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Realtek\Audio
    Yes that saves a bit of time
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,375
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #114

    I have had an illness (a cold & sore throat) for many days but feeling better lately

    though I should have mentioned this months ago but better late than never

    The Realtek UAD driver has a structure that is totally different than the older (traditional or conventional) HDA driver kind. They have the following:

    1. Primary or base INF file (hdxrt.inf) and main driver files (RTAIODAT.DAT & RTKVHD64.sys) [can be installed thru Device Manager]

    2. Extension INF [HDX_GenericExt_RTK.inf] (cannot be installed thru Device Manager - use pnputil.exe with -a -i switches or use DriverStore Explorer [rapr.exe] with the Install driver option to install); this registers the Realtek software components

    Working with Extension INFs in the Windows Hardware Dashboard - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs
    Using an Extension INF File - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

    The reason Extension INFs cannot be published as optional is because they are not listed in Device Manager for an end user to initiate an “Update Driver” action.
    3. Component INFs (RealtekAPO.inf, RealtekHSA.inf, RealtekService.inf) and the Software Components [Realtek Audio Effects Component, Realtek Hardware Support Application, Realtek Audio Universal Service] (CAN install these "component" INFs thru Device Manager only after these Realtek Software components are already "registered" and listed in Device Manager]

    Using a Component INF File - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

    definitely ask Cliff S on how to install a Realtek UAD driver this way; otherwise I resort to using the Realtek driver setup program to install all the necessary INF and driver files for Realtek UAD, all in one shot.
      My Computers

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,566
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #115

    For ASUS ROG owners:


    - Realtek HD Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS Nahimic) - Last version [19/02/2019] :
    ----Drivers : 6.0.1.8639 WHQL
    ----SS3 Extension Drivers : 1.1.7.56670 WHQL
    ----NH3/SS3 APO SoftwareComponent Drivers : 1.2.4.0 WHQL

    [DRIVERS] Realtek HD Audio (UAD)
      My Computers

  6. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,421
    Windows 10 build 2004
       #116

    I gave DDU a try to see if it would make any difference, just in case there was a driver lurking around in the background that might have been causing the inability to install the UAD, but no go. So, I'm officially only able to use either M$ generic drivers or RealTek HD Audio drivers for FF00.
      My Computers

  7. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,231
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #117

    johngalt said:
    I gave DDU a try to see if it would make any difference, just in case there was a driver lurking around in the background that might have been causing the inability to install the UAD, but no go. So, I'm officially only able to use either M$ generic drivers or RealTek HD Audio drivers for FF00.

    Sorry to hear that John, but welcome to the club!!!
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 35
    Windows 10
       #118

    Hello, I would like to know the benefit of upgrading to a new version from the Microsoft Update Catalog. Can anyone tell me if there is any benefit from updating the drivers through there?

    Thank you.
      My Computer

  9. hsehestedt's Avatar
    Posts : 2,159
    Windows 10 Pro, 20H2
       #119

    Ownsin said:
    Hello, I would like to know the benefit of upgrading to a new version from the Microsoft Update Catalog. Can anyone tell me if there is any benefit from updating the drivers through there?
    It's difficult to say exactly what benefit you would receive. It all depends upon what changes were made to the particular driver. A newer driver might contain bug fixes, stability improvements, better support for newer versions of Windows, performance improvements, or other changes.
      My Computers

  10. TheRabidScholar's Avatar
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #120

    Hello All, First thank you very much for all this information it has helped me immensely. I do have one issue I hope you can help me with, though. I seem to have lost the sound effects/ enhancements after I was able to upgrade to the UAD driver. I have tried all 3 drivers from the link on the first page. Only the 8501 and 8591 were able to work. I have also tried updating though the device manage as well as using the .exe file. All with a clean install. Any help would be great. Also its both in the Realtek audio control as well as the sound manager that the enhancements/ sound effects are missing.
      My Computer


 
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:14.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums